AR15Armory.com

Sig P365-XMACRO

Rampy

On 8/19/2022 at 10:21 AM, hkriflenut said:

$55 per mag is a tad pricy, but I didn't pay a whole lot less than that for my Walther mags. Shield Arms 15 round G48 mags are kinda pricy too - part inflation, part because they're more specialy mags - the new Sig mag is probably the smallest / thinnest 17 round mag in existence. Its smaller than a Glock mag, but it probably took a lot more engineering to get the mag that small, and still hold 17 rounds.

oh I know those p365 mags are an engineering marvel.  I carry a couple of the 15 rounders as spares when I have my p365 SAS with me, I think I was able to score those on sale for under $40.  I thought about grabbing one of these since it shouod be compatible with the SAS but I figured I would leave them for whomever bought the macro.  It’s not like a macro user is going to be able to fall back to the 10 or 12 rounders (not sure if the 15 would work if you removed all the sleeves or not?) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adair_usmc said:

oh I know those p365 mags are an engineering marvel.  I carry a couple of the 15 rounders as spares when I have my p365 SAS with me, I think I was able to score those on sale for under $40.  I thought about grabbing one of these since it shouod be compatible with the SAS but I figured I would leave them for whomever bought the macro.  It’s not like a macro user is going to be able to fall back to the 10 or 12 rounders (not sure if the 15 would work if you removed all the sleeves or not?) 

A video I saw on the Macro this morning compared it to the original 365 and the Spectre Comp.  They did demonstrate that the 17 rounders work in the original (10 round) and XL frames, and indicated Sig was planning to release a sleave to cover the exposed portion (and probably preven over-insertion) for the 17 rounders in the future. Interestingly enough - the shooters in that video compared the X-Macro to the Spectre, plus a full size 320 in 9mm. All three shooters said the X-Macro was flatter shooting than either of the other two, which was surprising. They backed that up with cameras comparing the recoil impulse of the guns, and it did, indeed, appear that the X-Macro has less muzzle flip. They might've refined the whole comp'd slide thing on the new gun, or maybe the little extra weight from not having the extra cut outs and milling in the slide helps keep the muzzle down, I dunno.

On 8/18/2022 at 2:20 PM, adair_usmc said:

I got to fondle one of these today and it certainly is not basically a glock 19, it is for sure much thinner.  Since I already have a P365 SAS and a glock 19, this would fit right there in the middle but I don't think I have a use for it so I did not buy it.  I thought it was very nice, though the $55 price tag on the magazines was painful to see.

Sig has always been on the high side for magazines. I saw the pistol review and for some reason it peeked my interest. I really dont need another carry gun but need and want are 2 different things. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 1:20 PM, adair_usmc said:

I got to fondle one of these today and it certainly is not basically a glock 19, it is for sure much thinner.  Since I already have a P365 SAS and a glock 19, this would fit right there in the middle but I don't think I have a use for it so I did not buy it.  I thought it was very nice, though the $55 price tag on the magazines was painful to see.

How does the overall measurements line up ?

Much difference ?   Just wondering...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retcop said:

How does the overall measurements line up ?

Much difference ?   Just wondering...

I didn't have a Glock 19 to compare to when I fondled one at the LGS - the 365 X Macro is the same overall size as a Springfield Hellcat Pro - and compared to the Walther PDP Compact 4 inch (my carry gun, they had one in the case to compare to ass well) it's a tad shorter (probaly a bit less than half an inch) top to bottom, its 1/2 inch shorter muzzle to backplate,  and probably 1/4 to 1/3 over all thinner. 

Certainly enough gun to hold onto - a full three finger grip, but definitely smaller than my compact Walther - would be way easier to conceal thanks to the thinness and slightly shorter grip.  They both have a lower bore-axis than the PDP.

I liked the stock sights on the Hellcat more (Trijicon HD's, I believe) - the brighter color of the front sight is easier to pick up.  The Sig packs in 2 more rounds in an identical sized grip. Trigger on the sig is lighter, trigger on the hellcat is crisper - more Glock like.

On 9/4/2022 at 1:36 PM, hkriflenut said:

I didn't have a Glock 19 to compare to when I fondled one at the LGS - the 365 X Macro is the same overall size as a Springfield Hellcat Pro - and compared to the Walther PDP Compact 4 inch (my carry gun, they had one in the case to compare to ass well) it's a tad shorter (probaly a bit less than half an inch) top to bottom, its 1/2 inch shorter muzzle to backplate,  and probably 1/4 to 1/3 over all thinner. 

Certainly enough gun to hold onto - a full three finger grip, but definitely smaller than my compact Walther - would be way easier to conceal thanks to the thinness and slightly shorter grip.  They both have a lower bore-axis than the PDP.

I liked the stock sights on the Hellcat more (Trijicon HD's, I believe) - the brighter color of the front sight is easier to pick up.  The Sig packs in 2 more rounds in an identical sized grip. Trigger on the sig is lighter, trigger on the hellcat is crisper - more Glock like.

Shooting the macro Vs my Walther PPS M2 the Macro is easier to hold, minimal felt recoil and more natural point of aim/better feeling grip 

I played with a Hellcat at the same time as the Prodigy 5” that had a factory mounted red dot & liked both my PPS & Macro better than the Hellcat 

My biggest complaint is holster availability 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rampy said:

Shooting the macro Vs my Walther PPS M2 the Macro is easier to hold, minimal felt recoil and more natural point of aim/better feeling grip 

I played with a Hellcat at the same time as the Prodigy 5” that had a factory mounted red dot & liked both my PPS & Macro better than the Hellcat 

My biggest complaint is holster availability 

Holster availability on the Macro? I thought they touted it as fitting any normal 365 XL holster?

On 9/4/2022 at 5:48 PM, hkriflenut said:

Holster availability on the Macro? I thought they touted it as fitting any normal 365 XL holster?

From what I’ve read on Sig groups/forums it’s a crapshoot if they fit in a generic 365x holster Vs a Macro specific 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 1:36 PM, hkriflenut said:

Neen looking for the Macro & stumbled across a Walther PDP Compact 9mm Optics Ready Pistol with Three Mags (LE) for 540 + 25 shipping & 25 transfer & now I’m almost thinking about getting this pistol & dropping a Holosun on it :lol:

However, as the 365 Macro is not in Sig’s discount program it’s going for 799+25+25 the local price of 850  6% tax is reasonable  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rampy said:

Neen looking for the Macro & stumbled across a Walther PDP Compact 9mm Optics Ready Pistol with Three Mags (LE) for 540 + 25 shipping & 25 transfer & now I’m almost thinking about getting this pistol & dropping a Holosun on it :lol:

However, as the 365 Macro is not in Sig’s discount program it’s going for 799+25+25 the local price of 850  6% tax is reasonable  

That's a steal for a PDP - I paid MSRP for mine, which was the cheapest rate I found locally of the shops that actually had them. $650 for the gun - I paid cash, so my FFL paid the sales tax since I saved them CC processing fees. Mags were going for $45 each, IIRC and I picked up the two spares they had, so I have 2x 15 rounders and 2x 18 rounders. The PDP mags are compatable with the PPQ M2 mags, so if you find M2 advertised mags that fit your gun's capacity you might snag 'em, but make sure its M2 and not M1 (original, paddle release vs. thumb - the cut is different)

My local FFL's pricing their X-Macro for $899, so $850 is also a good price.

On 9/4/2022 at 8:48 PM, hkriflenut said:

That's a steal for a PDP - I paid MSRP for mine, which was the cheapest rate I found locally of the shops that actually had them. $650 for the gun - I paid cash, so my FFL paid the sales tax since I saved them CC processing fees. Mags were going for $45 each, IIRC and I picked up the two spares they had, so I have 2x 15 rounders and 2x 18 rounders. The PDP mags are compatable with the PPQ M2 mags, so if you find M2 advertised mags that fit your gun's capacity you might snag 'em, but make sure its M2 and not M1 (original, paddle release vs. thumb - the cut is different)

My local FFL's pricing their X-Macro for $899, so $850 is also a good price.

Really don’t know what I want, so many choices and so little money 

Found a 3” 44 mag at a killer price & always wanted one….my excuse is spending lots of time in bear country but…..

Sounds like the Macro has different trigger guard & frame dimensions causing other 365/xl holsters to not fit a macro 

also sounds like Henry holsters will have s couple mace holsters & they are excellent rigs..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rampy said:

Sounds like the Macro has different trigger guard & frame dimensions causing other 365/xl holsters to not fit a macro 

also sounds like Henry holsters will have s couple mace holsters & they are excellent rigs..

Well that makes sense, sort of. I'd think the only changes they would've made would've been to the grip area, not the rest of the frame, but that'd just make too much sense! Henry Holsters does make top notch stuff. I also bet Phlster, Werx, Tier One and and LAS come out with X-Macro holsters to give people options.