AR15Armory.com

UPDATE: Lawsuits Against ATF's Frame/Receiver/Registry Rule

specops56

On 8/22/2022 at 7:37 AM, Flesh Wound said:

Can we just get a synopsis? 

Our side is seeking an injunction. The judge just gave the ATF more time to state their case. If we don’t get the injunction then on Wednesday a whole lot of law abiding gun owners will be instant felons and a whole lot of dogs will start getting killed.

Terry

7 hours ago, Flesh Wound said:

Can we just get a synopsis? 

1) ATF Rule  becomes " law"  on  08/25/22 making  "ghost guns" etc. illegal.

2) Judge gave AG McFarland until 08/29/22 to respond to request for injunction to stop law from 

going into effect.  So McFarland can still let law can go into effect, and he is still following order of the Court as long as he responds by 08/29/22. 

Edited by Retcop

1 hour ago, Retcop said:

1) Legislation  becomes  law  on  08/25/22 making  "ghost guns" etc. illegal.

2) Judge gave AG McFarland until 08/29/22 to respond to request for injunction to stop law from 

going into effect.  So McFarland can still let law can go into effect, and he is still following order of the Court as long as he responds by 08/29/22. 

I'm new to all of this and I'm definitely not a lawyer but didnt the legislation also say that any unmarked/unregistered lower would be grandfathered in?

I just planned on saving receipts in case anyone ever decides to knock on my door.

18 minutes ago, maddnotez said:

I'm new to all of this and I'm definitely not a lawyer but didnt the legislation also say that any unmarked/unregistered lower would be grandfathered in?

I just planned on saving receipts in case anyone ever decides to knock on my door.

I am sorry I can't answer the grandfather question.  

Try that guns and Gadget website or the above video. 

Or check NRA-ILA or GOA with House and Senate bill #'s.

I have a feeling some of our other guys know...

Welcome aboard ! We really have a great group of (mostly) guys here who are willing and able to answer any questions you may have.

Come on in and make yourself at home.

Edited by Retcop
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Retcop said:

I am sorry I can't answer the grandfather question.  

Try that guns and Gadget website or the above video. 

Or check NRA-ILA or GOA with House and Senate bill #'s.

I have a feeling some of our other guys know...

I will be looking more into it. I actually meant to quote the other guy.

" If we don’t get the injunction then on Wednesday a whole lot of law abiding gun owners will be instant felons and a whole lot of dogs will start getting killed."

1 minute ago, maddnotez said:

I will be looking more into it. I actually meant to quote the other guy.

" If we don’t get the injunction then on Wednesday a whole lot of law abiding gun owners will be instant felons and a whole lot of dogs will start getting killed."

I was going to add, that like "bumpstock" I'm not sure how you grandfather an item that has zero manufacturing numbers on it...Anyone with a kit could keep making these "dangerous guns"  So much B.S. 

If you don't already, please become a member of a guns rights group, and donate to NRA-ILA, GOA, or whatever group floats your boat.  That statement you provided seems to rule out grandfathering...just like bumpstocks with no way to verify date of manufacture. 

On 8/22/2022 at 5:49 PM, Qweevox said:

As far as I can tell this new interpretation of the regulation will not affect homemade firearms.  Americans have been making homemade firearms since before there was a United States.  That isn't going to change now.  The ATF cannot stop you from making your own personal firearm.  

Until they change their minds again.

Terry

• Like 2