AR15Armory.com

Trouble getting finger printed for CCW renewal

zoomy

I needed to get fingerprinted for a out of state CCW renewal. Last time I just went to the 

PD of my mailing address. They asked me what it’s for and when I told the lady at the desk I was told that they would not do it. I asked why and was told it’s the policy.

next door municipal PD I got the same response. Went to another and got the same. Finally went to the Sheriffs Police and the finally did my prints. Seems like the is a new unwritten policy in Illinois since the Highland Park Illinois 4th of July shooting. 

Here the Sheriff’s department does fingerprints on the old fashioned fingerprint cards

Needed a FBI background check & went to a shop that had a fingerprint kiosk & did it electronically & had my FBI clearance less than 20 min 

On 9/2/2022 at 8:45 PM, zoomy said:

Seems like the is a new unwritten policy in Illinois since the Highland Park Illinois 4th of July shooting. 

It is the state making things more difficult for gun owners, the Sheriff's office was willing because they are an elected office and in most parts of Illinois they are pro-gun because they understand it isn't the person getting fingerprinted for a concealed carry license that is the problem. Police departments are unelected appointees and so answer only to the city board or the mayor but mostly the board. The politicians have told them to stop and they have, what it really means is you need new politicians because they have become comfortable abusing the Rights of the People. The police chief knows his position is at the whim of the politicians so he won't be rocking the boat. So, you have to rock the boat on the politicians and toss them overboard or it will just get worse.

• Like 1