AR15Armory.com

B17 crash in Dallas due to mid air collision

MontanaLon

2 hours ago, BushXM15 said:

I openly admit and owe You and Rampy an apology . So Lon , Rampy I sincerely apologize :ohmy:

I've Never heard outside Military jargon  the term Airboss . In 55 years of flying  you would have expected ME to run across that term somewhere ,especially given where I learned to fly . As I flew 35 years out of  CRQ which is surrounded by  MCAS Miramar  SAN and MCASCP   along with a whole slew of smaller airports .

For the record  I know the persons as FOO or AOO  which are credentialed , Flight operations officer ,Airfield Operation officer  respectively . I've been to numerous airshows as well as Reno air races  over nearly 45 years and NEVER once heard anyone referred too as airboss . I Never actually have flown  in an air show but have flown into them prior and after the airshow

However  airboss is an UN-credentialed position not pertaining to any FAA regulation or operation .

According to Dallas News  they referred to that ground person ( airboss )  as the show promoter . channel 10 CBS Dallas as well as there ABC affiliate as I read their transcripts from the reporters   .

So the Pilot of the P-63 is still at fault  and that WON'T change no matter What or WHO said what . The pilot is ALWAYS responsible for his aircraft and regardless of commands from the ground ,even ATC  ultimately fall back onto the pilot for his or her actions . In controlled or uncontrolled airspace .

This is the Best video and commentary on the crash 

no harm no foul 

• Like 2

On 11/25/2022 at 11:48 AM, HAZMAT said:

Well the good ol' days may not return. And the rocks may melt and the sea may burn.

I'm learning to fly but I ain't got wings. Coming down is the hardest thing................Tom Petty

Matt

The most difficult thing is discerning  aka understanding ATC in a congested controlled airspace . 

LimaTango advise climb 6500  maintain heading  310 ;  outbound JAL 4 nautical  incoming on heading and it never ends .

FYI : Operating the plane is a piece of cake ,  second nature like driving a vehicle  only in a three dimensional context .

MAJOR concerns ;  Fire  ,Fuel , maintaining  altitude for glide slope ratio  just in case  . All the while watching out for cross town traffic and those Monster Semi's  , which flash like star burst against a matt blue background .

In reality 97% of private pilots  are Never in the same vicinity as 20-26K ft, separate them from the Monsters .

High performance pilots NOT the case  maybe 5-15K ft. or same altitude depending on destination .

When you do notice them is upon arrival or departure . Leaving the runway at 160+knots or slicing through the sky at 525 Kts . .  Did I mention turbulence ?, landing and departure OH My can they ever disrupt air flow .

However as with driving ,it all depends upon Country or City  and traffic conditions  .

Coming down is the EASIEST thing ,the very most important thing  is ; Setting down without incident regardless where that might be .

Private pilot's licenses come in several flavors  with endorsements high performance high altitude and complexity of aircraft . Single ,multi engine, commercial , then you're up into the Semi's  as hopefully an  Airline transport pilot  .

Ole Bush's Ticket expires in January  .  PPC Multi, HP ,HA,C  So I could fly My   Lancair . That now being sold I've no longer any need for it.  So as of January 12 Th. 2023 , MY  Logs close with #55 years :whining:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, BushXM15 said:

The most difficult thing is discerning  aka understanding ATC in a congested controlled airspace . 

LimaTango advise climb 6500  maintain heading  310 ;  outbound JAL 4 nautical  incoming on heading and it never ends .

FYI : Operating the plane is a piece of cake ,  second nature like driving a vehicle  only in a three dimensional context .

MAJOR concerns ;  Fire  ,Fuel , maintaining  altitude for glide slope ratio  just in case  . All the while watching out for cross town traffic and those Monster Semi's  , which flash like star burst against a matt blue background .

In reality 97% of private pilots  are Never in the same vicinity as 20-26K ft, separate them from the Monsters .

High performance pilots NOT the case  maybe 5-15K ft. or same altitude depending on destination .

When you do notice them is upon arrival or departure . Leaving the runway at 160+knots or slicing through the sky at 525 Kts . .  Did I mention turbulence ?, landing and departure OH My can they ever disrupt air flow .

However as with driving ,it all depends upon Country or City  and traffic conditions  .

Coming down is the EASIEST thing ,the very most important thing  is ; Setting down without incident regardless where that might be .

Private pilot's licenses come in several flavors  with endorsements high performance high altitude and complexity of aircraft . Single ,multi engine, commercial , then you're up into the Semi's  as hopefully an  Airline transport pilot  .

Ole Bush's Ticket expires in January  .  PPC Multi, HP ,HA,C  So I could fly My   Lancair . That now being sold I've no longer any need for it.  So as of January 12 Th. 2023 , MY  Logs close with #55 years :whining:

Remind us on the 12 Jan 23, if you wish, provide a time,

and we shall drink a toast.

Having the logbook aflame at the time of the toast, is,

of course, totally at your discretion. 

John

On 11/26/2022 at 3:35 AM, Retcop said:

Remind us on the 12 Jan 23, if you wish, provide a time,

and we shall drink a toast.

Having the logbook aflame at the time of the toast, is,

of course, totally at your discretion. 

John

Doubt I'd burn the logs but a toast  ABSOLUTELY :thumb: I'm gonna frame them along with several plane and flight photos .

The one thing I'm most upset about and can't forgive , is MY stupidity pertaining to losing a hard drive and perhaps #35 years of photos !. Now some I'll absolutely be able to recover  from 35mm slides ,however over half MY electronic photos are HISTORY and CAN'T be recovered or duplicated :cussing: and ONLY have myself to blame :ack: .

What's unforgivable in MY case ,I was backing them up but DIDN'T place them on a thumb drive or disc before I started :bignono: . Then there's all those photos your friends took  ,like  holding your license for a photo opt and going under the hood for IFR   , Friends  work colleagues projects ( of what little I could show ) all GONE :thumbdown:

Yet thankful for MANY MANY things  Like , MY Wife ,MY Health , Friends ,opportunities , employment ,experiences and thus far surviving LIFE .  ALL of us know too well the fate others have met !!. So Bush isn't b itching to loudly :doh:   

• Like 3

On 11/25/2022 at 6:35 PM, BushXM15 said:

Congrats on an incredible flying history.  Sorry to hear all those images are no longer available to you.  Maybe your close friends can fill in a few of the holes.  It’s worth the ask…

On 11/27/2022 at 6:25 AM, ewallover said:

Congrats on an incredible flying history.  Sorry to hear all those images are no longer available to you.  Maybe your close friends can fill in a few of the holes.  It’s worth the ask…

T :

IF only I could ,sadly many have passed on . However those that haven't ,have indeed sent copies of what they kept or had . Unfortunately it's not the same nor extent of what I had taken . Work photos were near a death penalty ,as we ALL were severely restricted working inside the bubble . Special project occasions  and limited approved  photos were and are precious . Unfortunately being as such , much of it doesn't exist !!.

I'm the Knothead  with 22K 35mm slides dating back into late 50's . My Uncle who worked for the Navy and held #22 co- patents  on radar development ,was Big into photography and got ME started early on .

Used to say ; K some day you'll be very thankful you recorded a little history and have memories as you look upon those photos . Now whether there Good or Bad memories depends upon your subject matter  and how proficient a photographer you become . So remember limit those Girlie photos ,because NO matter what they looked like then ,they WON"T ever look like that again and they simply remind you of your age . The Older you become you'll understand that .

I had No real concept of what he was saying back then but sure do NOW :tap:

• Sad 1