AR15Armory.com

Yummmmm Bug Burger

Rampy

I keep hearing about bugs but I have yet to see a single commercial bug farm. Seems like a couple of years ago when the locusts were plaguing Africa someone missed an ideal opportunity to lay in a massive supply of protein for essentially no cost.

freaking whackadoodles will be protesting the industrial bug farming industry next.

You want to talk about some livestock that can overgraze pasture in a hurry. Grasshoppers can do it.

6 hours ago, MontanaLon said:

I keep hearing about bugs but I have yet to see a single commercial bug farm. Seems like a couple of years ago when the locusts were plaguing Africa someone missed an ideal opportunity to lay in a massive supply of protein for essentially no cost.

freaking whackadoodles will be protesting the industrial bug farming industry next.

You want to talk about some livestock that can overgraze pasture in a hurry. Grasshoppers can do it.

C'mon down here, I'll show you a guy who started an insect business and is now the largest producer of all kinds of insects in the world. A great Southern Illinois success story. This guy is a multi million aire and employees thousand of people producing all kinds of live foods for zoos, extinction prevention projects, and the multi billion dollar pet food trade.   The place is called Timberline, and I buy all my crickets there. My frogs love their high quality.  I have no doubt that Timberline would be willing to cash in on the human trade, but they actually are running full out just to keep up with the demand from zoos and pet owners. 

No people eat these disgusting things, they feed them to their pet animals, just like the zoos and laboratories do. 

John

When I was five years old, we lived in Columbus Ohio a short time as my father took a construction job there.  Having been raised up to that point on a farm and never been anywhere, my brother and I were fascinated by the escalator at Lazarus Department store.  On the Mezzanine, they had this Japanese free samples of fried grasshoppers and chocolate covered ants.  Being farm kids, we were not grossed out so chowed down.  It really wasn't bad. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 5:08 AM, TomJefferson said:

When I was five years old, we lived in Columbus Ohio a short time as my father took a construction job there.  Having been raised up to that point on a farm and never been anywhere, my brother and I were fascinated by the escalator at Lazarus Department store.  On the Mezzanine, they had this Japanese free samples of fried grasshoppers and chocolate covered ants.  Being farm kids, we were not grossed out so chowed down.  It really wasn't bad. 

You can have my portion.

Terry