AR15Armory.com

3” Colt Python

Rampy

Just saw this article posted on the Facebook page of the leathersmith in the article (and who made my King Cobra holster) 

Between this article and @Shadow106 superb review I really see a 3”Python joining the collection before the years end…..

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/perfecting-the-colt-python/?fbclid=IwAR3I3MweyU86ku5b7y_06GiZcGrhlTtJXcOWv0SyNqxWAsnMcCBIISvAuBU

Edited by Rampy

Be careful not to get one of the early issues Rampy.  I think that the latest one's will be less llikely to have the "newbie" issues.  The PY30____ serial #s are from last month.  I can refer you to the vendor if you email me.  They are TTTTerrific!  and $100 under MSRP

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shadow106 said:

Be careful not to get one of the early issues Rampy.  I think that the latest one's will be less llikely to have the "newbie" issues.  The PY30____ serial #s are from last month.  I can refer you to the vendor if you email me.  They are TTTTerrific!  and $100 under MSRP

Im not going to be able to afford one for a few months, I’m getting a Cylinder & Slide Bespoke lightweight 1911 and that emptied the piggy bank 

3 hours ago, Shadow106 said:

Yeah but I bet thats worth waiting for too.  I'm from Fremont originally.  Like in another lifetime.  LOL

From Fremont eh…..small world it is. Always said I was Nebraska challenged, from Iowa & my first base was Offutt (put in for world wide remote) and my last base was  F E Warren in Wyoming :laugh:

Cylinder & Slide is closing as Bill L is retiring and I managed to snag one of his last custom built 1911’s……only problem is I’ll be afraid to carry it

Just found out BP has a museum in El Paso, going to have to swing in and check it out when we are in town 

1 hour ago, Shadow106 said:

Where In Iowa?  The other half of my family is from Ames.

I painted new construction houses in Ames in 79 & 80….

Marshalltown, 40 miles due East home of the maidrite :drool5:

Last time we went home we stayed in Ames

• 2 weeks later...

Yep.  Thats MSRP.  Call Devan at Custom Shoo Inc. in Hamilton Montana.  He's a terrific customer service manager.  Tell him I referred you.  He has the newer serial number Python's and if you can work with a LGS to receive, you will be pleased I think.  They are the outfit that does the "Gunfather" show on TV.  Took me some horse trading, some selling, and some patience to get to mine as I've said.  But it was worth it.  

3 hours ago, Shadow106 said:

Yep.  Thats MSRP.  Call Devan at Custom Shoo Inc. in Hamilton Montana.  He's a terrific customer service manager.  Tell him I referred you.  He has the newer serial number Python's and if you can work with a LGS to receive, you will be pleased I think.  They are the outfit that does the "Gunfather" show on TV.  Took me some horse trading, some selling, and some patience to get to mine as I've said.  But it was worth it.  

Been thru Hamilton a few times.

I’m betting that since the gunshop has one they won’t be happy about my ordering one instead of buying theirs. However, by the time I can afford it who knows 

Never heard of that show, will have to track it down 

Edited by Rampy

On 1/25/2023 at 11:27 AM, Rampy said:

Local gunshop has one in stock but ouch it’s pricey 

uhVSvFx.jpg

That’s sharp looking. 

I have been lusting after a SAA lately but am just too busy spending money on the house and horses to get interested in gun buying.  

Your right Rampy.  But THEY can order it for you and Devan will give them a dealer price.  If you order it, its $1399.  If they order it, they'll get a price, but your should stay at $1399.  At least thats what happened with mine.  He will also offer a credit card price, or a money order price.  He's a good guy to work with.

From what I understand only 100 of em are in the first run & not sure a 2nd run will happed & sounds like most of em have been spoken for 

ugh it’s a beautiful pistol 

XuH1sO7.jpg