AR15Armory.com

AR15 Ownership in the Philippines

LanceRiley

In the Philippines AR15/ Springfield M1 (m14 type and it's variants) / AK47 and it's avariants are considered as "high powered rifle"

These Firearms are NOT to be sold to Civilians.

which brings to the question.... how in the world did we get our ARs???

* Moderators please let me know if Im breaking any rules when I discuss these. What I am about to discuss would be considered "illegal" but it's the facts of life here

1.) We don't have AR15s here. We have m16a1 / m16a2 / m4a1. Yes the are all military contract rifles. Yes they have full auto capabilities. If you own an AR type rifle that doesn't have the full auto... you're queer! (in the phils)

2.) We never use the word AR. coz they have always been m16 rifles. so when you invite your friends to the range to shoot ar. you say. "bring your m16 this sunday for a 3 gun match"

3.) Yes, All our m16s in one time or another was obtained illegally. We were able to legalize it during the 90s and 2000+ when the government had an amnesty program for loose FAs

4.) Nowadays you can get bnew parts for Ar rifles. gun laws have become less strict. bnew is from m4a1 but who wants to strip an m4a1??? of course there are still some Bushmaster / LMT comming in. yes they came into the country illegally (i don't know if the forum allows me to discuss how) but still... they are full auto variants.

5.) We don't have the "SBR" papers, or "must be 16in barrel". No restrictions. You can even have an "infant" 7.5in barrel. no restrictions on magazines (everybody has a 30 round mag) and for those who have the money Cmags.

List actually goes on and on.... how bout you guys ask and I answer?

I have a few questions

1. If a non-resident moves to the Phillippines and they own many weapons, would the government allow them to bring their weapons with them and would they be legal?

2. Is it easy to obtain full auto in your Country, can you order newly manufactured full auto weapons?

3. How hard is it to order and obtain parts for your M16's?

I have a few questions

1. If a non-resident moves to the Phillippines and they own many weapons, would the government allow them to bring their weapons with them and would they be legal?

2. Is it easy to obtain full auto in your Country, can you order newly manufactured full auto weapons?

3. How hard is it to order and obtain parts for your M16's?

1.) The law states that only those who are Filipino Citizens can own guns. If you go to some ranges, You'll see Japanese, Koreans and Americans shooting guns. All of thier guns are registered under thier wives names. You probably can't bring in your guns and have it in your name.

2.) In the Legal sense no. But there are black market full auto weapons in the country. somebody who has the connections can get it registered. Full auto weapons can be. ak47 variants / HK Rifles / m4a1 / steyr aug / Mp5 all variants including silenced / g36 yes we have them but rare. there are some old classics like tommy gun / uzi / mac10 / mac 11 / sterling (friend owns one). a lot of different kinds of rifles you can think of. but there's the catch. it's very costly. how much? g36 is running at 9000$. MP5 variants 7000$. toys for the rich boys. No I can't afford those guys hehehehe. Most common is the m16. m16 complete lower is just 500$ but it's used. a military surplus.

I woudn't say easy. you just have to know the right people. join the gun clubs and you'll know these people soon enough.

3.) Parts? if we're talking about upper reciever parts It's an over the counter sale. bout 2x the price you have there in the U.s. Acog and aimpoints very popular but 2x the price. In the Philippines barrel or reciever constitutes a gun. barrel is harder to find but if you can wait 2-3months. they can supply.

Philippine constitution is patterned after the U.S. constitution. It's almost Identical. But we don't have your 2nd amendment. Gun ownership is a privelege here and not a right.

Philippine constitution is patterned after the U.S. constitution. It's almost Identical. But we don't have your 2nd amendment. Gun ownership is a privelege here and not a right.

This is the problem we are facing here, by the 2nd Amendment it is our right to own firearms, but many people are trying to take away our right and stop us from owning firearms. Some will say no they are only trying to restrict ownership of a certain few firearms, but the old saying "give them an inch they will take a mile" fits right into their twisted agenda.

This is the problem we are facing here, by the 2nd Amendment it is our right to own firearms, but many people are trying to take away our right and stop us from owning firearms. Some will say no they are only trying to restrict ownership of a certain few firearms, but the old saying "give them an inch they will take a mile" fits right into their twisted agenda.

well I guess there should be a balance. I mean in our case, you could build a private army if you had the cash and arm them. some political figures have a private army. Of course if you ask them they would deny this.

Doesn't really sound like the full auto prices are any different there than here except for the M16s which are some of the most expensive here. Biggest difference is y'all can get them registered and we can't. 10 years minimum of daily anal rapings courtesy of uncle sam if you get busted with a happy switch without a tax stamp.

Doesn't really sound like the full auto prices are any different there than here except for the M16s which are some of the most expensive here. Biggest difference is y'all can get them registered and we can't. 10 years minimum of daily anal rapings courtesy of uncle sam if you get busted with a happy switch without a tax stamp.

the 500$ is black market of course. and somehow the can get it registered for you for another 300$ from there... after registering... problem is $$$ to buy the furniture and barrel.

in the Philippines it's 20 years of anal raping. if you get caught with illegal firearms. but once you join a gun club, police never bother checking on you specially if you're very active. unless you really have a cache of arms and you're flaunting it left and right. somebody gets jealous of your toys and calls the authority on you. but nowadays unless you have 30 units of rifles. that's not gona happen.

• 3 months later...
the 500$ is black market of course. and somehow the can get it registered for you for another 300$ from there... after registering... problem is $$$ to buy the furniture and barrel.

in the Philippines it's 20 years of anal raping. if you get caught with illegal firearms. but once you join a gun club, police never bother checking on you specially if you're very active. unless you really have a cache of arms and you're flaunting it left and right. somebody gets jealous of your toys and calls the authority on you. but nowadays unless you have 30 units of rifles. that's not gona happen.

Do you mind if I ask where in the Philippines you live?

My wife is Filipina, and I've spent quite a bit of time over there myself.

It seems to me that what laws get enforced by the police depend entirely on what province you live in.

In Manila, obviously things are much stricter, but out in the provinces police often don't bother you unless you are a serious criminal.

Now I must admit I've never tried bringing a weapon into the country, but just based on what I've seen of enforcement of other laws in my in-law's province, I feel I'd probably be OK.

Do you mind if I ask where in the Philippines you live?

My wife is Filipina, and I've spent quite a bit of time over there myself.

It seems to me that what laws get enforced by the police depend entirely on what province you live in.

In Manila, obviously things are much stricter, but out in the provinces police often don't bother you unless you are a serious criminal.

Now I must admit I've never tried bringing a weapon into the country, but just based on what I've seen of enforcement of other laws in my in-law's province, I feel I'd probably be OK.

If everyone has a M16 fullauto and I guess they shoot a lot of fullauto. What does Ammo. for the .223 cost there?

well that depends on the range you're in, most don't allow full auto fire. exceptions are military range (but you gotta be friendly with soldiers there) and far flung areas with minimal or no police/military visibility at all (as long as it is not an NPA (New People's Army - communist rebels) territory.

.223 and 5.56 ammo here is at around USD .50 a round

well that depends on the range you're in, most don't allow full auto fire. exceptions are military range (but you gotta be friendly with soldiers there) and far flung areas with minimal or no police/military visibility at all (as long as it is not an NPA (New People's Army - communist rebels) territory.

.223 and 5.56 ammo here is at around USD .50 a round

That's about what we pay here...

TS

That's about what we pay here...

TS

TS,

I wasn't able to elaborate. That is the cost for locally manufactured (Armscor) ammo and military supplied ammo (sometimes we chance upon those). The branded options you have there are scarce here and would most likely be in the vicinity of at least USD 1/round if and when available.

i only know of 1 IPSC shooter who reloads, case prep is really time consuming! i hope to learn it one day though :rolleyes: