Evil Spock

1911 picture thread

16 hours ago, WhiteGTDropTop said:

Love the custom grips!

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Sean!  I appreciate the up-vote.  Here's one-more:  a detailed snap with my Al Mar SERE folder.  Purchased these from a guy in Missouri who runs a one-man shop, who does great work at an inexpensive price.  These are done in rosewood. 

VQmHdfi.jpg

Edited by Zephyr One/Zero

Some new grips landed for my Kimber Gold Match today.  Where walks the spider?

JqJ6A1vh.jpg

QVwJHmJh.jpg

• Like 1

This is my carry 45, it is a Para Ord LDA stainless with Novak front and rear sights, match barrel with matching bushing, two piece operating rod, engine turned chamber hood, S&A main spring housing with exterior of the mag well narrowed to match the gun’s exterior. The grips are Vietnam water buffalo bone engraved with the 101st patch, senior parachute wings and the 101st Recondo patch.

F6-C885-C9-C888-4-E0-D-AFA3-44-E8-DC198-

• Like 3

large.94f6cc2027386b7f6bb4316ff978c91d.jpg.e76a63369f0daa4f7b3fd1e8b2c8429a.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gshayd said:

large.94f6cc2027386b7f6bb4316ff978c91d.jpg.e76a63369f0daa4f7b3fd1e8b2c8429a.jpg

Very nice.  Not often you see an actual 1911 and not an A1.  I want one of these one day,  just for the historical value.

I'd like one of the original style 1911's for History too.

At the time, putting that many well powered rounds that could be easily refreshed into a sidearm for the fighting man was quite an accomplishment.  I wish we could know how many lives of Military men were saved because they had this powerful gun of the hand at their fingertips. 

I just picked up this SIG SAUER 1911R-45 Emperor Scorpion on a trade today. It is the only SIG 1911 I have owned. It is a beauty and has really good reviews. It is one of fourteen SIGs I now own.

78ZueHl.jpg

37 minutes ago, TackleberryMCS said:

I just picked up this SIG SAUER 1911R-45 Emperor Scorpion on a trade today. It is the only SIG 1911 I have owned. It is a beauty and has really good reviews. It is one of fourteen SIGs I now own.

78ZueHl.jpg

Ooooh!  I've looked at that one for a while now with drool hanging from my mouth.

I gotta admit, that picture makes my sticker peck out a bit.

30 minutes ago, meh77gmc said:

Ooooh!  I've looked at that one for a while now with drool hanging from my mouth.

I gotta admit, that picture makes my sticker peck out a bit.

I really did not want to get another 1911, but this Emperor Scorpion was speaking to me. I already have one of the P238 Scorpion pistols and I want one of the SIG P320 AXG Scorpion pistols.

78ZueHl.jpg

That is a beauty! My cousin has a really nice Sig 1911. Same color as yours but it has a distressed finish and a helmet on the grip. Really cool looking and felt great in the hand. Hope you enjoy it!

Sean

25 minutes ago, WhiteGTDropTop said:

That is a beauty! My cousin has a really nice Sig 1911. Same color as yours but it has a distressed finish and a helmet on the grip. Really cool looking and felt great in the hand. Hope you enjoy it!

Sean

Sounds like he has the Spartan model. 

See the source image