Sign in to follow this  
XHairs

Border patrol agent held at gunpoint

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A U.S. Border Patrol agent was held at gunpoint Sunday night by members of the Mexican military who had crossed the border into Arizona, but the soldiers returned to Mexico without incident when backup agents responded to assist.

Agents assigned to the Border Patrol station at Ajo, Ariz., said the Mexican soldiers crossed the international border in an isolated area about 100 miles southwest of Tucson and pointed rifles at the agent, who was not identified.

It was unclear what the soldiers were doing in the United States, but U.S. law enforcement authorities have long said that current and former Mexican military personnel have been hired to protect drug and migrant smugglers.

"Unfortunately, this sort of behavior by Mexican military personnel has been going on for years," union Local 2544 of the National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) said on its Web page. "They are never held accountable, and the United States government will undoubtedly brush this off as another case of 'Oh well, they didn't know they were in the United States.'

"It is fortunate that this incident didn't end in a very ugly gunfight," said the local's posting.

The NBPC represents all nonsupervisory personnel among the agency's 16,000 agents.

MORE HERE.

Edited by XHairs

This is BS. This is an invasion of our borders by another military force and we should respond with the amount of force nessassary to secure our borders. If we had shot them dead in the sand I bet the next group would have thought twice about coming over.

This represents an invasion and should be delt with appropriatly. :flea: :gun2:

This is BS. This is an invasion of our borders by another military force and we should respond with the amount of force nessassary to secure our borders. If we had shot them dead in the sand I bet the next group would have thought twice about coming over.

This represents an invasion and should be delt with appropriatly. :flea: :gun2:

Yup. This is a job for the Army.

I have been reading alot about this and other incidents. Your right something bad is going to happen as long as higher ups keep downplaying these incidents. Any armed military on US is a armed invasion and should be treated as such. I just wonder how Border Patrol agents are gonna die before our nation responds accordingly. Here is another good site with info.

http://www.local2544.org/

If you follow the link and read the entire story it will make you even more enraged. Firing at our agents and police from our surplus HMMWVs with .50 cal machine guns.

I cant say I blame the agents much for running for thier life. This is not a border patrol issue this is a military issue and we should treat it as such.

Here's a local writeup. They're writing it off as a misunderstanding of where the border lies. We all know that some of these guys also assist smugglers. Just more BS.

TUCSON, Ariz. -- Federal authorities said four Mexican soldiers crossed into Arizona and briefly held a U.S. Border Patrol agent at gunpoint before realizing where they were and returning to Mexico.

Border Patrol spokeswoman Dove Crawford said the incident early Sunday on the Tohono O'odham Indian Reservation, about 85 miles southwest of Tucson, was in an area likely fenced only with barbed wire.

She said the soldiers lowered their weapons after about four minutes when the agent convinced them who he was and where they were, then retreated into Mexico.

Crawford said there have been about 40 similar incursions along the entire border this fiscal year.

State Department spokesman Gonzalo Gallegos in Washington said the encounter "stemmed from a momentary misunderstanding as to the exact location of the U.S.-Mexican border."

source

Edited by XHairs

I guess our foreign aid to Mexico should include a couple of Garmins.

Shoot first and and ask questions later. :flea:

:thumb:

Just send Dog the bounty hunter down there.

t2712.gif

That sounds good to me.

This latest incident just gives more credibility to the concept of the economic utopia called "The North American Union." Yes...the next decade will be interesting.

Maybe some land mines would make them triple-check their positions.