Sign in to follow this  
shrek9

So you want to buy an AR-15, huh?

If your in the market to buy an AR-15, but are lacking the practical knowledge to do it with confidience, you got to check this out.

http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=81462

MANY THANX to JWISE the author of this thread.

THIS HELPED ME ALOT, I HOPE IT DOES THE SAME FOR YOU. :thumb:

:thumb:

Interesting. Some of it is based on fact, and some of it is based upon his personal preferences, and his opinion. I think he's wrong on a few items, but whatever.

If your in the market to buy an AR-15, but are lacking the practical knowledge to do it with confidience, you got to check this out.

http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=81462

MANY THANX to JWISE the author of this thread.

THIS HELPED ME ALOT, I HOPE IT DOES THE SAME FOR YOU. :thumb:

:thumb:

This was GREAT info! Thanks. Anoter question: could you rank the following brands from best to least in terms of quality, resellability, etc...?

Bushmaster, Century Arms, Colt, Airlite, etc....

Thanks- TAS

This was GREAT info! Thanks. Anoter question: could you rank the following brands from best to least in terms of quality, resellability, etc...?

Bushmaster, Century Arms, Colt, Airlite, etc....

Thanks- TAS

Welcome tallandslimharleyrider

Here is a good pecking order for manufacturers.

DPMS

Charles Daly

RRA

Armalite

Colt

Bushy

Century Arms

Welcome tallandslimharleyrider

Here is a good pecking order for manufacturers.

DPMS

Charles Daly

RRA

Armalite

Colt

Bushy

Century Arms

WOW- thanks for the super quick reply. I have a Bushy and a Century Arms on "hold" till payday- should I just let the CA go? Any AR 15 is getting harder to find- seems there is a "rush" on them. I could keep it as an investment.... I will actually shoot the Bushy. I am sure the barrel is non-chromed. Thoughts?

WOW- thanks for the super quick reply. I have a Bushy and a Century Arms on "hold" till payday- should I just let the CA go? Any AR 15 is getting harder to find- seems there is a "rush" on them. I could keep it as an investment.... I will actually shoot the Bushy. I am sure the barrel is non-chromed. Thoughts?

If you are happy with your choices then I would get them both, if not or your hesitant with the decision I would definitely hold off on the purchase.

Chrome Lined barrel is not a must have, but it is handy especially if you go months without cleaning you rifle after shooting.

Tell us more what type of configuration did you put on lay away?

The only Bushmasters that doesn't have a chrome lined barrel are the match and varmint guns. The rest have chrome. I'd go with the Bushy over Century any day, but buy both if you want &/or can.

TS

:welcome:

If you are happy with your choices then I would get them both, if not or your hesitant with the decision I would definitely hold off on the purchase.

Chrome Lined barrel is not a must have, but it is handy especially if you go months without cleaning you rifle after shooting.

Tell us more what type of configuration did you put on lay away?

Ahhhh..... thanks- this helps me. I am fanatic about cleaning the gun after shooting. They are both a basic model- no bells or whistles.

TAS

The only Bushmasters that doesn't have a chrome lined barrel are the match and varmint guns. The rest have chrome. I'd go with the Bushy over Century any day, but buy both if you want &/or can.

TS

:welcome:

Cool- thanks!

TAS