Sign in to follow this  
RedRaider

Stop Loss

To start off, I'm a newbie to this site and black arms. Got a Stag 2 and eotech 512 on Halloween of this year. Shoots great and beginning to have fun. Got bored this weekend and watched the movie Stop Loss. I've always been one to support our troops and up until now support our military; but now I'll just support our troops.

Anyone else see this movie? What are your thoughts if you have any. Thanks and long live our Republic!

Edited by RedRaider

To start off, I'm a newbie to this site and black arms. Got a Stag 2 and eotech 512 on Halloween of this year. Shoots great and beginning to have fun. Got bored this weekend and watched the movie Stop Loss. I've always been one to support our troops and up until now support our military; but now I'll just support our troops.

Anyone else see this movie? What are your thoughts if you have any. Thanks and long live our Republic!

Never heard of the movie, but i lived through "Stop Loss" when I tried separating the military during Kosovo. Long story short they did not give me a time line on when I could separate so after a few months of no news and my first semester of college well under way without me I wound up reenlisting. Unfortunately for me they lifted stop loss a couple of months later.

My son was informed of stop loss by the recruiter when he joined up,,, I was there. I haven’t seen the movie but my son was aware of it then as he is now with only a few months left.

I have seen it and I have seen better. There is some good story line there but the movie puts out a definate flat out lie about military service in the National Guard. Basicly what happens is a guy in the NG gets home from Iraq and they have him going back the very next week. Units do not rotate like that and at the time the movie was made federal law required a minimum of 12 moths statsside for guardsmen. It is a anitwar movie that tries to put a pro military spin on it.

i agree there are some good parts to the movie and some funny points to it to. It also shows that people are running to Canada to not have to get deployed, but the whole thing was hollywoodized. And if you take it for what it is, a movie, its not a bad movie.