Sign in to follow this  
Guest JAYTEAM

10mm SBR

Updated info on this!

Looks like Ameetec Arms has stepped up to the plate to manufacture the AR45 lower.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=150&t=154182

Now if I can get one marked "AR45/10" I'll be REALLY happy.

I was planning on getting a 10% lower and complete it, but there aren't any available for sale right now. With the new 100% AR45 lowers coming out, the time I'm going to have to wait between the 10% and 100% is the same, so I'm just saving myself some machining time and getting the 100% when it's available.

I picked up seven GG mags at the last gunshow for between $15-20 each and passed on two more for $25 and $35 each. I'm stocked up for now, but I'll keep looking for more good deals on M3 mags in anticipation for my new lower.

My friend who completed the AR45 lower has not been around for a while. He works out of state most of the time, but he's coming home this weekend with the AR45 and his AR10 that he machined the lower himself out of a billit of aluminum. We'll be test firing both this weekend and I'll post pics and a review when we're done.

I'm impressed with his work. An AR10 .308 lower from scratch. Not bad.

I got to handle an Ar built with a Cav Arms lower this weekend at the Salem VA gun show. felt pretty good to me too. I was thinking it wouldn't be too bad to build a .45 and a 10mm, maybe you could even use the same lower and just have seperate uppers. All I know is I don't have near enough money to do the things I would like :biggrin:

Forget about Ameetec. Their ads have been pulled from AR15.com due to an ongoing theft investigation. The AR45 will NOT be produced by them.

But, there's a simple solution. Justin at CNC Gunsmithing (CNCGuns.com) is producing his 10% lowers and Khalan Manufacturing is bringing them to 100% for an extremely reasonable fee (I decided to have mine done by them instead of machinging it myself due to the LOW cost) and also offering Type III anodizing, installed DPMS LPK's, and other options if you wish. Check out Justin's AR45 forum at CNCGuns.com for more info.

The commercially available AR45 is now a reality! I should have my completed AR45 lower within two weeks. I'll post pics and a review as soon as I get it!

Edited by Hawgleg44

If you go here, http://www.professional-arms.com/ you will discover what will be availble in about a year as an SBR for about $1200.00! I was told this by the man that owns the company!

Enjoy!

Scott :thumbsup: :popcorn:

I just talked to oly arms a week ago.

They said, "the commercial Uzi mags that we were using with these have finally dried up at the wholesale level, and we currently have no mags left at all; we have been exploring other options, and are trying to get a substitute mag made"

I wish they could get a glock to work like they have with other calibers. We will see!

I just talked to oly arms a week ago.

They said, "the commercial Uzi mags that we were using with these have finally dried up at the wholesale level, and we currently have no mags left at all; we have been exploring other options, and are trying to get a substitute mag made"

I wish they could get a glock to work like they have with other calibers. We will see!

Well, since they seem to be the best source for pistol caliber uppers, maybe they should also look into being a good source for a dedicated pistol caliber LOWER too. I figure they probably outsouce their lowers like most everyone else does so finding someone to make a few pistol cal lowers might be a problem, I don't know how much Pistol caliber upper business they do, but I figure it is enough to make them want to keep doing it.

Just remember for the same price as a Olympic pistol upper,a Uzi can be converted to the following calibers. 9mm,40 s&w,357Sig,10mm,45acp and .22lr. The average caliber conversion only takes about 2 minutes with a simple barrel and/or bolt swap.

Just remember for the same price as a Olympic pistol upper,a Uzi can be converted to the following calibers. 9mm,40 s&w,357Sig,10mm,45acp and .22lr. The average caliber conversion only takes about 2 minutes with a simple barrel and/or bolt swap.

And you can convert Grease gun mags to work in an UZI?

Actually,you buy a Uzi lower that has been converted to use a grease gun magwell. It costs $300 and takes unmodified grease gun magazines. 45Acp and 10mm use the standard magazines. 40 S&W and 357 Sig use the same magazines but with a shortened follower. 30 round magazines can fit 37 rounds of 10mm,40 s&w or 357 sig. You can find the best ones at revelationarms.com. Vector arms makes one but they have issues with hole positioning.

Edited by hwonderdog

Can you be more specific on the conversion/prices and maybe some pics of this 10mm uzi?

Unfortunately,I dropped my digital camera and broke it. But I am a member of Uzitalk.com and there is tons of info there as well. What you need for a 10mm conversion is a 45acp uzi or just buy the bolt and convert it. The full size all use the same firing pin and recoil spring. You can buy one in 45 acp from Atlantic firearms or vector forearms. You then repalce the 45acp extractor with a 9mm ejector in order to hold the 10mm case. Again this takes about 1 minute. last,you need a 10mm barrel. These are available brand new from Barrelxchange.com for about $165. And that is it. I fortunately already had a 45cp Uzi so all I had to buy was the barrel and change the extractor. This conversion also works for the 357 sig and 40s&w or 9x25 dillon. It is a very worthwhile purchase. Combine that with a red dot sight mounted on the topcover and 100-150 yard shots are within your grasp.

Edited by hwonderdog

Unfortunately,I dropped my digital camera and broke it. But I am a member of Uzitalk.com and there is tons of info there as well. What you need for a 10mm conversion is a 45acp uzi or just buy the bolt and convert it. The full size all use the same firing pin and recoil spring. You can buy one in 45 acp from Atlantic firearms or vector forearms. You then repalce the 45acp extractor with a 9mm ejector in order to hold the 10mm case. Again this takes about 1 minute. last,you need a 10mm barrel. These are available brand new from Barrelxchange.com for about $165. And that is it. I fortunately already had a 45cp Uzi so all I had to buy was the barrel and change the extractor. This conversion also works for the 357 sig and 40s&w or 9x25 dillon. It is a very worthwhile purchase. Combine that with a red dot sight mounted on the topcover and 100-150 yard shots are within your grasp.

Did you mean ejector, or extractor?

I had it right,you have to remove the extractor. It is held in the Uzi bolt by one retaining pin. It removes ever so easily. Dont forget that the longer barrel adds much more velocity. With my Michigan mandated 16" barrel,you can expect a 135gr 10mm to hit about 2100 fps(+/-50 fps). I think a 155gr at about 1900fps sounds wicked. Although I do hace concerns about the hollow point fragmenting. By the way,the Uzi ejector is riveted to the frame and is very rarely replaced.