AR15Armory.com

10mm SBR

Guest JAYTEAM

I have a 16" 10mm Oly upper on a Cav Arms lower with the Hahn block and the Grease gun mags, works fine for me and accuracy is good enough to hit a 12"X12" steel plate offhand at 100yrds 99% of the time with either the irons or the aimpoint. As for velocities I have cronographed 165gr Doubletaps at 1700fps and 180gr Double Taps at 1550fps. Its a nice light compact carbine and I like it alot. I do think the 10mm would make a great SBR with a 10-12" barrel, I think that length would give a great compromise between performance and compactness...

T

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 16" 10mm Oly upper on a Cav Arms lower with the Hahn block and the Grease gun mags, works fine for me and accuracy is good enough to hit a 12"X12" steel plate offhand at 100yrds 99% of the time with either the irons or the aimpoint. As for velocities I have cronographed 165gr Doubletaps at 1700fps and 180gr Double Taps at 1550fps. Its a nice light compact carbine and I like it alot. I do think the 10mm would make a great SBR with a 10-12" barrel, I think that length would give a great compromise between performance and compactness...

T

I've been looking at having a 10mm upper, or 10mm Encore rifle barrel made. Until now, I've found no one who's got chrony info on 10mm through a rifle barrel.

Bfett (or anyone else), do you have any more chrony readings on any other ammo? Or readings from an 18" barrel? And just checking...about how far from muzzle was your chrony? 10ft or so?

I've been considering having a gas-op 10mm upper built... 16 or 18" barrel (if I could figure out the optimum length). Possible use would be a swamp deer gun. (I've already got a Grendel for distance....and right now, 458 S and 50 B seem like more abuse than I want for a 100 yard brush gun.) Once I have a better idea of the numbers, I'll decide if I'm going this route...or going to s-can the whole project.