Sign in to follow this  
masterofg3

SIG ST 220 conversion to 10mm???

Guest Flork

Cool, I look forward to seeing your 10mm P229.

The Magazine well on the P226 and 229 is to short to accommodate the 10mm.

LOL. Honestly, I like it most in .40S&W. IMHO, it's the perfect .40S&W handgun though I have to admit that the only influence I have to ever own a .40S&W is ammo availability. However, if I ever get my hands on 2 of them, I will definitely take a shot at a 10mm conversion of one of them.

My P220ST is in hand, and will be shipped to Scott and Bruce Monday to begin its transformation into a 10mm!!

Edited by Norfolk1006

Guest Flork
Man, now I need to buy a Sig! It seems to be my mission in life to convert every gun possible to 10mm......

Maybe I shouldn't mention that we're in the "talking and pondering" phase of doing a H&K USP in 10mm.

Good times will be had by all when I'm finished with this project

Maybe I shouldn't mention that we're in the "talking and pondering" phase of doing a H&K USP in 10mm.

Scott, just purchased a 220ST (only railed SIG that I own) that I plan to eventually send in for the 10mm conversion. Have you ever thought about converting a Mauser M2? I've seen mention of it in threads but no solid information about a gunsmith. I'm not sure if you'll see as many hands up as the 220ST conversion, but there might be enough takers on an M2 10mm conversion to be interesting. I'm willing to supply a pistol to be the prototype. :bye1:

Well, you already have my Sig.

Should I send you a USP to help with your talking and pondering?

Friend of mine runs a threaded, compensated Accu-Match .400 Cor-Bon barrel in his 220. I've shot it a few times, and it does very well. Probably a lot less headache than trying to monkey with the breechface/extractor. The .400 Cor-Bon can be reamed out to .40 Super, which is hotter than either 10mm or .400 Cor-Bon. However, as is being discussed in another thread, there's no factory support or a good supply of brass for the .40 Super.