AR15Armory.com

So, who RUNS & GUNS with their 10mm?????

ShakenNotStirred

• 11 months later...

I'm new on the forum and I'm glad to have found some others who use the 10mm in IPSC matches. I've been shooting my Delta Gold Cup off and on since 1994 or so with 180TC bullets and Power Pistol powder that hit a power factor of 185 or so. I love it ! ! ! There is no question about the steel going down if you hit it. It is healthy and makes the others sound sort of mousey. Anyway, it's fun to watch some of the 38 super or 45 shooters try to rack the slide with the 24# recoil spring if I let them shoot it. I did have a Springfield Loaded 45 on order last fall because of the brass disappearing but, I ran across a Delta Elite that had been tricked out nicely and I can still shoot it in Limited, Limited 10, or Single Stack like the Gold Cup and it had less than 200 rounds through it. I canceled the 45 and now have two 10's. Can you have too many? Someone mentioned the fireball earlier. I shot the "dark house" for the first time last fall. Man, it got bright in there when I pulled the trigger. Sorry if I've rambled too much but, I do love the 10.

Bob

• 5 months later...

I just finished a 9 stage IDPA match with my G20SF using 180g. Montana Gold 180g. HP's at 1225fps. What a hoot!! I would have been much more competitive with my Baer TRS but I am not complaning. The grin factor by me and my squad made it more than worthwile. The cool part is I had help from the squad members in hunting down the brass. I got 80% of them back!! I It was so much fun I think I am going to bring it for the USPSA match next month.

• 2 years later...
Ive shot my 20 at an IDPA match. Pretty cool with electronic muffs to hear someone awe struck say..."..and he aint shooting no wussy loads either!" :laugh:

The past month or so I've been shooting my 10mm Kimber Eclipse in IDPA for fun. Definitely a little slower than with the 9mm in ESP but have loved some of the reactions. I've tried to be considerate and warn the SO about how aggressively it throws the brass but at least one has gotten a few pieces thrown right at him! To help wake the range gods from their winter slumber here in Ohio I've been shooting 165gr bullets with 9.8gr of Power Pistol. Very authoritative sounding! A few people waiting their turn have commented on it! At a local club that has weekly IDPA practice sessions it's usually been an 180gr bullet and 10.7gr of Blue Dot. Side benefit is when I shoot my .45 it feels like nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the 10mm Eclipse with me yesterday at the IDPA match at PCSI in Circleville, OH. As always had a great time! Friend was there and put together a great video. About a minute in you can see the SO have to check out how far it throws brass!

Had the 10mm Eclipse with me yesterday at the IDPA match at PCSI in Circleville, OH. As always had a great time! Friend was there and put together a great video. About a minute in you can see the SO have to check out how far it throws brass!

Had both of my 10 mills back in the mid 90's when I shot IPSC and never did use them, shot my 45 instead (was cheaper). Looking back on it wish that I did shoot at least one of the 10's, would have been nice to hear people gasp as the power.

Had both of my 10 mills back in the mid 90's when I shot IPSC and never did use them, shot my 45 instead (was cheaper). Looking back on it wish that I did shoot at least one of the 10's, would have been nice to hear people gasp as the power.

Don't think anyone gasped at the power. It was more a WTF which the noise and especially how far back it threw the brass. At about 1:00 into the video you can see the SO have to check it out! I did warn him at the start about how it threw the brass back and that they were 9rd magazines. He had to ask if I was shooting a 10mm out of choice? Told him it was just a fun gun to shoot!