Sign in to follow this  
Longslide7

M-1 Carbine in 10mm Mag

I've had this idea for a while and would like someone to look at my thinking, to see if I'm full of @#$%^&*!

From CMP WEB site:

Carbine stripped barreled receivers. These barreled receivers will have one or more of the following defects: rusty or pitted interior or exterior on barrel and/or receiver, no rifling in barrel, worn finish, failure to headspace. Consists only of receiver and barrel - no other parts[/b]. Useing this as a start.

How about a 10mm Mag Carbine? (.40 Cal. Carbine)

1. Case length of .30 Cal Carbine 1.29 inch; 10mm Mag 1.25 inch.

2. I figure a 15 round mag will hold 12 rounds of 10m Mag. Not bad, a 1892 Winchester in .44-40 holds 11

3. 10mm Mag 200gr bullet out of a 8 3/8' barrel 1450 fps; out of a 18 inch carbine barrel??? (more)

4. Barrel and bolt would have to be worked a lot; but the rest of the carbine parts would remain the same, maybe(?)

5. Who could/would do the work?

Any thoughts on these questions or others would be helpful. Thanks, Longslide7

I've had this idea for a while and would like someone to look at my thinking, to see if I'm full of @#$%^&*!

From CMP WEB site:

Carbine stripped barreled receivers. These barreled receivers will have one or more of the following defects: rusty or pitted interior or exterior on barrel and/or receiver, no rifling in barrel, worn finish, failure to headspace. Consists only of receiver and barrel - no other parts[/b]. Useing this as a start.

How about a 10mm Mag Carbine? (.40 Cal. Carbine)

1. Case length of .30 Cal Carbine 1.29 inch; 10mm Mag 1.25 inch.

2. I figure a 15 round mag will hold 12 rounds of 10m Mag. Not bad, a 1892 Winchester in .44-40 holds 11

3. 10mm Mag 200gr bullet out of a 8 3/8' barrel 1450 fps; out of a 18 inch carbine barrel??? (more)

4. Barrel and bolt would have to be worked a lot; but the rest of the carbine parts would remain the same, maybe(?)

5. Who could/would do the work?

Any thoughts on these questions or others would be helpful. Thanks, Longslide7

As a fan of original US firearms... it seems to be a great way to devalue M1 carbine parts. Someone already make a 10mm semi-auto carbine.