brigadier

List of guns sucessfully converted to 10mm Auto

I am doing this for those of us who want to do 10mm conversions as an: "It can be done" reference.

Please help me populate this list by providing names of conversions and references to verify them.

A list of guns made in a caliber other then 10mm that have successfully been converted to 10mm.

Forum members who made the first known successful conversion are credited in the list. Please contact me if any information is false or inaccurate. Please provide hard evidence when contacting me with corrections.

A

AMT Backup First known successful conversion by: flyandscuba

AR-15

B

Beretta 96FS Brigadier Inox First known successful conversion by: Brigadier

C

D

E

F

G

Glock 21

H

Heckler and Koch USP 40

Heckler and Koch USC/UMP

I

J

K

Kimber Pro Carry

L

M

Mauser M-2 First known successful conversion by: panzermk2

M-1 Carbine

N

O

P

Para Ordnance P-16

Q

R

Ruger P-90

Ruger GP-100

Ruger Blackhawk

S

Sig Sauer P-220ST

S&W 646

STI .40 shadow 3 First known successful conversion by: zipdog

STI Eclipse Double Stack 3

T

U

UZI Submachine Gun

V

W

X

Y

Z

Edited by brigadier

DONT FORGETTHE OLYMPIC ARMS AR-15 AND UZI

Edited by hwonderdog

SIG/Mauser M2

Ruger Blackhawk

I'd take exception to the G21 being included on that list, with emphasis on the word, "successful"!!! :biggrin:

3rd Gen Glock 21 .45 ACP, successfully converted to 10 mm using:

- KKM .45 ACP : 10 mm Conversion Barrel

- Glock OEM 10 mm Magazines

- SS Guide Rod

- 22 lb. Recoil Spring

A little experimentation with ammo was required.

The last three range trips were 100% operational. :biggrin:

It likes Double Tap 135 grain Noslers--as do I! :thumbsup:

The rig has some 2000 10 mm rounds through it, and over 10,000 .45 ACP.

--Ray

P.S. Engineers used to say a bumblebee couldn't fly, but it could do one hell of an impression!

I saw the Ruger P90 on the list, has someone done this? I was curious how, if they used like a P91 upper on a P90 frame or what have you. just ream out the 40 barrel to 10 mm and use the standard P90 mags, maybe slightly tweeked?

I saw the Ruger P90 on the list, has someone done this? I was curious how, if they used like a P91 upper on a P90 frame or what have you. just ream out the 40 barrel to 10 mm and use the standard P90 mags, maybe slightly tweeked?

I knew someone in Florida who had one.

I held the gun in my hand and the slide DID look more like a smaller caliber slide, so what you suggest may be the case, but I couldn't tell you for sure. I CAN tell you that it had a double column 20 round protruding magazine, so it may have had the mag well enlarged.

I heard on this website that the P-90 was originally intended to fire 10mm auto. It is a possibility that he had a rare factory 10mm prototype, but I seam to recall him saying something about having hired someone to custom make the gun.

Edited by brigadier

How about a Ruger GP100.

GPGrips1.jpg

Bullman who did your conversion? I have 9 10MM guns and am contemplating a conversion of a revolver not on the current list to celebrate my 10th.

Thanks,

BoomerG20

Edited to add: GOD that is one georgous weapon!!!!!

Edited by BoomerG20

I'm with Boomer regarding that question. I traded my Witness just over a year ago for a G27, and have about 1000 pieces of 10mm Starline brass that are begging me to find something worthy of their quality to feed them through. I'm leaning for either a GP100 or 586/686 conversion.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back on this, I guess I am not getting e mail replies any more from here. Anyway, Dave Clements of Clement Custom Guns did the conversion. He won't do a 686 (I checked) but I had heard someone say that he did convert a Model 28 for them (more or less a 610, but blued). I have also heard recently that Dave has quit working on double actions to concentrate on his single action work. Might check with Hamilton Bowen.