10MMGary

AR15 upper in 10MM Auto cartridge

Does anyone have or know of anyone making a upper in 10MM auto, I would love to have one in a very short barreled rifle.

Does anyone have or know of anyone making a upper in 10MM auto, I would love to have one in a very short barreled rifle.

I think Olympic Arms makes one

Who else makes a AR 10mm barr :anim_wave: el

Alan 'Doc'

Alan 'Doc'

As stated above I know Olympic makes an uppr because I have one with an odd style AK flash hider on it. Great uppers BUT I do not like the mag set up. you ahve to buy mags for Olympic IF they have any or get Desert Eagle (IMI) 41 AE mags and send them to olympic to convert at the cost of $35 per mag plus what ever you paide for the DE mags!

Alan 'Doc'

If you go to BazookaBrothers.com,They have a new partner that is making AR-15 uppers in various calibers, including 10mm.

A little machining of the magwell and some epoxy and g20 mags will work with an Oly upper...turns the lower into a dedicated 10mm though....if positioned right you can notch the g20 mag to catch the AR mag catch....have shot hundreds of rounds with several different mags with no problems.....even have a Kriss extension on one mag and it works beautifully...

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m530/W...uredownload.jpg

Anyone cut down an oly upper to use for a pistol or is anyone making a pistol upper that doesn't need the baz45 lower?

I am currently developing a 10mm AR upper (gas op locked breech) and the major hold up is the mag issue. I have designed a magwell adaptor that feeds .45 flawlessly into one of my AR45 Gas op uppers and am working to use it with a 10mm upper fed from .45 mags......I have had no luck with modified GG mags in either a AR45 lower or a Cav Arms with hahn magblock.....half arse works but I wouldn't bet my life on it. If I can get it to run reliably with the magwell adaptor.....then I'll know how to profile feed lips and where to locate them as it is pretty easy to alter the location front to rear with my setup.

If anyone has a .41 AE uzi mag they'd part with it could speed up development.

Once I can get it running reliably.....I will probably have some cool toys ready for production in the near future..... :thumb:

someone on colorado ar-15 forums is selling a 10mm upper....

I am currently developing a 10mm AR upper (gas op locked breech) and the major hold up is the mag issue. I have designed a magwell adaptor that feeds .45 flawlessly into one of my AR45 Gas op uppers and am working to use it with a 10mm upper fed from .45 mags......I have had no luck with modified GG mags in either a AR45 lower or a Cav Arms with hahn magblock.....half arse works but I wouldn't bet my life on it. If I can get it to run reliably with the magwell adaptor.....then I'll know how to profile feed lips and where to locate them as it is pretty easy to alter the location front to rear with my setup.

If anyone has a .41 AE uzi mag they'd part with it could speed up development.

Once I can get it running reliably.....I will probably have some cool toys ready for production in the near future..... :thumb:

Have you used or considered using the new magazines from Olympic arms?They have some new polymer ones in 9mm, 10mm/ 40 S&W and 45 acp. the 10mm holds 20 rounds, the 45 acp holds eighteen rounds, and so forth and so on.They might be a viable alternative to Grease gun and expensive Uzi magazines.

pro mag is making new 45 acp uzi mags, these are the same as the 41ae mags. They are only 10rnds. I have not tried them yet but have heard from a few people with converted uzi's that claim they work well. I have also heard that the pps 43 mags work with 10mm. I am in the process of building a 10m upper, i ordered a pps mag and am going to try it out. If it does not work, i am going to try the UZI mag. There are adapters available for both mags. I am also considering making an adapter so that I can use 1911 mags, but that will probably be for another project, have too many going now.

pro mag is making new 45 acp uzi mags, these are the same as the 41ae mags. They are only 10rnds. I have not tried them yet but have heard from a few people with converted uzi's that claim they work well. I have also heard that the pps 43 mags work with 10mm. I am in the process of building a 10m upper, i ordered a pps mag and am going to try it out. If it does not work, i am going to try the UZI mag. There are adapters available for both mags. I am also considering making an adapter so that I can use 1911 mags, but that will probably be for another project, have too many going now.

Been a while.........but with everything I have had going on I finally got the 40 S&W running to my satisfaction with modified Promag .45 uzi mags.....10mm barrel is made and will feed fine from the same mag block and mags as the .40.....just have to get the time to profile it and make a gas block and tube.......Here is a quick proof of life video

th_100_0930.jpg

Edited by Mad Machinist

I've got a DI AR upper from Ronald Williams on the ar15.com site. Link to his basic little website

So far I only have a Grease Gun lower, and modifying the .45 mags to work is a bit unreliable for me. I've got a DDLES large frame Glock AR lower on order, but haven't recieved it yet.

CIMG0451.jpg