Will M&P15

Anyone use the UTG Quad Rail carbine set up..?

I got a UTG Quad Rail system for my Carbine M&P 15. Seems like a well made handguard and the rails seem to be very well machined. has anyone else used one of these and do they hold up well under normal use..? the top part is kind of a wierd set up as it doent slip under the retaining cap it bolts over top of it. It was a christmas gift. Should I return it and get a yankee hill or is the UTG Quad GTG..?

Thanks for any input.

Most people dont like them because UTG makes alot of Airsoft crap.

With that being said I had one and it was rock solid. I bought a Daniel Defense rail last week, but it wasnt because the UTG one wasnt good, I just liked the DD look better.

Well I just ordered the UTG front quadrail and rear rail dust cover for my FN FAL. So I can't comment yet. I do know that some of the airsoft companies make parts for the FN P90 and they are just as good as the real parts for 1/4 the money. Guys with P90/PS90's buy the stuff allot. Also the aftermarket for the P90/PS90 is small so you have to take what you can get.

I have 2 UTG rails a carbine and a rifle. They are not made for airsoft they do make airsoft products but they also have an AR-15 product list. They are well made and you cannot beat the price :thumb: . My first one is on a Colt carbine it is a patrol rifle. The UTG is a little bit bigger around than others. So I did not need a riser for my Eotech to be a co-witness sight. The Eotech stays zeroed when removed and replaced. The light stays in place also I have had no problems with the rail or anything attached to it. The 2nd one the on a 20” Double-Star rifle that is just for fun. I hope this helps :flea:

Edited by burned54

I installed the 416 UTG quad rail system on my AR and I first noticed how much bigger around they were with the rail covers added on. maybe a set of ladder rails would make it more comfortable for me since it feels better with out the UTG rail covers on it. However it is kinda sharp with out some kinda rail covers.

Burned, How far forward on your rail do you have your EOtech mounted ..?

I installed the 416 UTG quad rail system on my AR and I first noticed how much bigger around they were with the rail covers added on. maybe a set of ladder rails would make it more comfortable for me since it feels better with out the UTG rail covers on it. However it is kinda sharp with out some kinda rail covers.

I hated the covers that it came with. Way too big and heavy. And the edges are def sharper on my UTG VS. the DD I just got. Get some lo profile ladder covers. They are the shat.

I am going to upgrade to better Rails as soon as I figure out what to buy. Everyone has a different thought when it comes to handguards with rails, then the Non free float or Free float I am not sure what benifit I would get from a set of free floats and I do not really want to cut off my delta ring.

If you don't want to cut your Delta ring, get a DD Omega rail...

TS

I placed my Eotech on the rail at the delta ring. My upper is a A2

Ok thanks Burned, I have a flat top and I have mine slide forward far enough that the front end of the 512 sits over the Delta ring and is seated on the UTG rail that has zero movement and is locked down solid.

Has anyone used the UTG quadrail with the free float extension? Looks pretty cool, But wondering if it fits correctly over all front sight towers out there.

Has anyone used the UTG quadrail with the free float extension? Looks pretty cool, But wondering if it fits correctly over all front sight towers out there.

bump

I would go with Midwest for a rail that doesn't cost a ton of money. You can get one from them that's on par with a lot of other "name" companies for a lot less money.

TS

Has anyone used the GG&G handguards? I was looking at getting a set , but as usual, I'm stuck in the "looking" phase. I like the idea of being able to place rails @ all clock positions. Then again, DD MI etc. all make good stuff. Just looking for a rock solid setup.