AR15Armory.com

opticsplanet.com, anyone here ever buys from them?

carnie -

Glad to see they made it right and honored their original price for you. In this day and age, shatty customer service, in my mind, falls under the "fool me once" category amd I will just take my hard-earned cash somewhere where I can get a little bit of respect. I hope if you order from them in the future it doesn't get all F'ed up like this one did!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

carnie -

Glad to see they made it right and honored their original price for you. In this day and age, shatty customer service, in my mind, falls under the "fool me once" category amd I will just take my hard-earned cash somewhere where I can get a little bit of respect. I hope if you order from them in the future it doesn't get all F'ed up like this one did!

Hi, Devil ! I really think they are so busy they drop the ball communicating.

I will order from them in the future, but only after calling on the phone. I love

their prices and wide variety of product. The free shipping never applies to

Alaska, except Cabelas, who likes our business.

Thanks.

My 2 cents is I won't be ordering from them again. I ordered over a dozen items. All but one of those items showed "shiipped" on their order status page, the other "hold for inventory" so thought not big deal, they will ship that when it comes in. A week goes by and I am patient as I read their statements about how tracking numbers can take awhile and to be patient. Finally call them, they have NOT shipped my order.

It seems "shipped" to them means inventory is on hold just for you so it won't be sold to anyone else, not actually shipped, and they were waiting for the on hold item. When will it be available? JUNE. 2 freaking months from now!!!!

I guess it depends on what your definition of is is. Ugggh.

Use OpticsPlanet quite often and have never had a problem or complaint. I was concerned the first time around because there prices where so reasonable but quickly learned that they are a great provider. The are one of the few that I recommend to others.

• 2 weeks later...
If so, tell me your experience, both + and -, thanks guys. :)

I have not purchased weapons optics from them but I have purchased a very nice telescope from them. Initially they promised something that they couldn't deliver. They then tried to change the price on me to move to the next better unit. I canceled the order and the owner called me back to see what might be done to make it right. I told the owner that they could upgrade me to the next better scope free of charge. It was at my home in perfect shape within a few days. I've had no further dealings with them. So... I don't know if you qualify that as a bad or a good experience. In the end I got a better product than I paid for though it was a bit difficult getting the sale person to understand what bait and switch meant.

This is my first post here. The reply box was almost a bit overwhelming. Seemed like there were choices for this, that and everything all over the place. So, I hope this works. I'm glad to see I'm not the only girl here either.

I have ordered several items from Opticsplanet. Everything but 1 item was shipped promptly and packed well enough that even the apes at UPS could have played football or soccer with the packages (and they probably did!). The big thing to remember in dealing with them is that if something you want is on backorder and you're ordering it with another item, they will hold the entire order until the backorder is in. So, it's best to drop the backorder and wait unil it's in to buy it. Besides, most of their inventory qualifies for their free shipping. Oh, that's the other thing. They're not necessarily the cheapset place to get things but most other places charge shipping so by the time you add shipping charges a lot of times it swings in favor of OP. :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Nightforce scope from them, but I called them to make sure I got the exact model I wanted. The rep on the phone had the interpersonal skills of a wolverine, but the order was correct, the price was unmatched anywhere on the net, and the shipping was fast.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought 2 different scopes from them, both the cheapest anywhere on the net and shipped on time. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

When I bought my Burris XTR-14, I had SWFA price match them<---- this is what I'll do in the future as SWFA's CS is top notch; Brady is the man!

• 2 weeks later...