pdog1517

AR15ARMORY LOAD DATA THREAD

b3iwUL5.jpg

Greg

Very cool. What primers and brass?
  • Like 1

Very cool. What primers and brass?

Lucky for you I had a sip of coffee before I read this. I had to dig out my spreadsheets to find the pertinent data. Once again proof in the pudding that records do matter for us.

The 22 Nosler was new Nosler brass (1st run) using 450's. All others use 7 1/2 Remingtons

22X6.8 brass was 2X Federal

18" 556 loads were 1X Remington

24" 556 were 2X Winchester

I use nothing but 450/7 1/2 in my 6.8 derivatives and when I am going for top end loadings in the 223/556. The Winchester SR primers are an alternative but not quite as good for pressure as the other two IMHO. I load 6/1/2's in my more pedestrian 556 stuff.

Greg

Lucky for you I had a sip of coffee before I read this. I had to dig out my spreadsheets to find the pertinent data. Once again proof in the pudding that records do matter for us.

The 22 Nosler was new Nosler brass (1st run) using 450's. All others use 7 1/2 Remingtons

22X6.8 brass was 2X Federal

18" 556 loads were 1X Remington

24" 556 were 2X Winchester

I use nothing but 450/7 1/2 in my 6.8 derivatives and when I am going for top end loadings in the 223/556. The Winchester SR primers are an alternative but not quite as good for pressure as the other two IMHO. I load 6/1/2's in my more pedestrian 556 stuff.

Greg

Thanks! Thought it would be pertinent to the post. :thumb: