Sign in to follow this  
akman

Factory Glock Slides

I posted this elsewhere, but you guys would probably know. Any ideas on where to get factory (bare, no internal parts) Glock 23 slide? And I don't want to buy another one or spend an equivilent amount. I know it's a long shot, but would be worth some effort (and cash) to me.

Thanks!

AKMAN

I posted this elsewhere, but you guys would probably know. Any ideas on where to get factory (bare, no internal parts) Glock 23 slide? And I don't want to buy another one or spend an equivilent amount. I know it's a long shot, but would be worth some effort (and cash) to me.

Thanks!

AKMAN

Lonewolfe glockmeister or gunbroker would be my suggestions.

Lone Wolf does sell slides but that might be more than what you're wanting to spend for what ever the project is you are trying to do.

Short of finding an individual or some one on one of the auction sites selling one off you may have to see what Glock at Smyrna, GA has to offer.

Good luck to ya! :thumbsup:

I have a G23C, and I thought it would be cool to have a non-C model. It is appearing that lone wolf will be the only way to go, but I really liked the concept of a factory slide. I havn't contacted Glock yet, but I'm not feeling optimistic. I figure someone somewhere has something sitting around. We'll see. I'd spend up to about three hundo, then I might as well just buy a new one.

AKMAN

JHC!!! Just drop a factory non-ported barrel into your 23C slide. Did this not occur to you?? :unsure: :unsure:

As a matter of fact, I recognize the handgun would technically be "unported". There would still be two gaping holes in the top of the slide. I ordered a lone wolf slide and internals to stuff it with. Gotta wait to have 'em finish it. Seemed pretty unlikley to find just a slide anyway. Just couldn't bring myself buy another new G23.

AKMAN

There would still be two gaping holes in the top of the slide

And the problem with that is what? One of the advantages of buying a ported Glock is that you can just drop in a factory Glock unported barrel when you don't want to shoot ported.

Postquam, you could use a little work on your delivery; a rude reply to an honest question.

Edited by R.J.

Postquam, you could use a little work on your delivery; a rude reply to an honest question.

I'm just dumbstruck! Trying to understand how the OP's mental processing works. Sorry, if I came off as abrupt/acerbic; that wasn't my intention.

For those of us who've shot eleventy-zillion rounds through Glocks, it's a pretty common practice to buy a "c" model Glock, along with a standard barrel to go with the "c" slide. 17Ls have large cuts in their slides, but the barrels are not ported. As far as I know, there's no downside to putting a non-ported barrel into a ported slide. Am I missing something??

Good grief Guam, I understand there is no downside to running a non-ported barrel in a "C" model. The point is, I don't have to. And I don't want to. Is it just cause I don't like the way it looks? Yes. The reason you have a problem with that? I don't know. Not trying to make waves. Been out of town working and logged in for the first time in a few weeks to find this kind of flack. Thanks for your help with my question.

Good grief Guam, I understand there is no downside to running a non-ported barrel in a "C" model. The point is, I don't have to. And I don't want to. Is it just cause I don't like the way it looks? Yes. The reason you have a problem with that? I don't know. Not trying to make waves. Been out of town working and logged in for the first time in a few weeks to find this kind of flack. Thanks for your help with my question.

I was just trying to understand your motivation. Thought I might be missing something. "just cause I don't like the way it looks" pretty much tells me everything I need to know. :wink: Please edify this ignorant proletarian: How does a ported Glock with a non-ported barrel "look" any different than the same Glock with the ported barrel? Just sounds like sophomoric silliness to me. :sad:

Hey thanks Ivanko,

Already got a lone wolf for it. But I do appreciate the heads up.

AKMAN

Do the c models lack the reliability of the non compensated models due to the porting? Any feed back will help?

No, I can't see a bit of differance. I'm on my 5th glock, and they all run the same. It's why I buy them. People have said it blackens the front sight, but I have not had that problem at all. I uses VV and 231 for most of my handloads in my "C" model, and have shot a fair mix of factory stuff when looking for carry ammo. Maybe too slow a powder would, though.