Sign in to follow this  
jarhead1833

where is a good range in okla

pay ranges are about 25.00 an hr and there ammo and there rules

H+H on 40 south of you but with in 10 miles

Gun world this is a review of them dont go there you'll get screwed

free ranges Ok. wildlife areas the closest one to you is lex. two 100 yard ranges you take your targets and you pick up your trash, and each person shooting needs a Ok. hunting licence unless exempt (ck the web site for exemptions)

but the cool thing about lex. is you can shoot any thing you can hall in (except glass and thick steel, we have to walk down there) its about a hr drive from you but in the spring and summer its real fun and a good place to teach your kids and and new shooters, during dear season you'll have to contend with the hunters siting in there rifles so its best avoided just befor and during dear season.

drop me a note if you need directions or any other help

Crash

Edited by savage_crash

I always go to H&H in OKC, and i live over around 100 miles away!, Whenever were in the city, we usually go shoot and i just recently bought an AR there too. My dad has bought all of his kimbers there and i also got my glock there. There prices arent too bad, but they arent cheap either. I usually go there because they really will help you out. If you shoot on the range with a pistol, usually you can shoot what you want, as i usually take my 45 reloads, but if you take a rifle or anything like that they usually will run a magnet over them. If you have to buy ammo there, its fricken high/

Edited by RyanPowell167

NRA ha a website to find ranges. Worked pretty good for the states I checked.

i was just wondering where there are some good ranges in okla.

My back yard! 3/8 mile wide and 1/2 mile long. Regularily shoot gongs at 100 to 200 with open sights and run the scoped bolt rigs to 500 at times. Usually just before coyote calling time begins.

Banner Road range, halfway between Yukon and El Reno is probably the cheapest by far. It's a covered outdoor range. No rapid fire (seriously, you will get your ass chewed big time :old1: , count slowly to two in between shots), no shotguns, and no full autos, even if they're registered. I heard on ARFCOM that he's okay with cans and SBRs, though.

There are target hangers at 100, 75, 50, and then a up close pistol range. No rifles on the pistol range. You pretty much have to bring your own ammo (he sells some, but sometimes he's not even there and you have to use the pay box), and you can shoot all the steel you want.

Be very careful when going downrange to hang a target; there's no range officer and I constantly see people handling loaded weapons while others are downrange.

Day pass is 10 dollars, no time limit. Range closes at dusk, which is when the owner decides it is. Weekends are usually busy, and there are no lane assignments, so get there early to claim your target hanger and bench rest.

Banner road was the nastiest range I ever shot on while living in Norman.

But it's cheap.

Banner road was the nastiest range I ever shot on while living in Norman.

But it's cheap.

Just hold your breath if you have to go to the bathroom :horror020:

I see some people just go use the back 40. If it's a sit down job, then I would just leave. Nastiest bathroom outside of Tijuana. And don't bring your SO unless she's a real trooper or you'll pay for it. Oh, how you will pay for it...

Just hold your breath if you have to go to the bathroom :horror020:

I see some people just go use the back 40. If it's a sit down job, then I would just leave. Nastiest bathroom outside of Tijuana. And don't bring your SO unless she's a real trooper or you'll pay for it. Oh, how you will pay for it...

Oh, yea. I forgot that part..... Ugh.

I usually shoot on privare land, but i was really impressed with Wilshires in Edmond. The new range in Mustang is nice to.

I hope he found his answer sometime in the 6 years since he posted the question lol

well it is nice to keep it updated for the rest of us okies

well it is nice to keep it updated for the rest of us okies

Do you have a membership at wilshire? I went to safety first in Edmond a couple weeks ago and liked it. The staff is nice and it's right by my house.

Do you have a membership at wilshire? I went to safety first in Edmond a couple weeks ago and liked it. The staff is nice and it's right by my house.

i went to their grand opening and shot, i didnt think it required a membership, but it was very high tech. My budy told me their indoor 100yrd range was cool too.