AR15Armory.com

Carles Daly Questions

badz06

I am thinking about a Charles Daly Defense rifle and I'm needing some questions answered from you knowledgeable folks. First off what is the thoughts on this line of rifles?I am left handed but from reading some threads from other left handers it appears a right handed rifle is not a big concern. Can the safety be flipped on the Daly rifle easily? Is the M4LE worth spending the extra 200 over the M4?. Also do all models accept sights,scopes,etc. easily?I am basically looking for a rifle to take to the range and enjoy. Thanks in advance for all replies.

I am thinking about a Charles Daly Defense rifle and I'm needing some questions answered from you knowledgeable folks. First off what is the thoughts on this line of rifles?I am left handed but from reading some threads from other left handers it appears a right handed rifle is not a big concern. Can the safety be flipped on the Daly rifle easily? Is the M4LE worth spending the extra 200 over the M4?. Also do all models accept sights,scopes,etc. easily?I am basically looking for a rifle to take to the range and enjoy. Thanks in advance for all replies.

you can't just flip a safety, the best option is an ambidextrous safety for any AR. Dalys are well-respected by all who have em. Any AR will accept mods easily.

you can't just flip a safety, the best option is an ambidextrous safety for any AR. Dalys are well-respected by all who have em. Any AR will accept mods easily.

Thanks Warlike. I learned the hard way on my H&K. I bought a handgun and was told the safety could be replaced. I later found out it was a varient and could not.

:welcome: Hopefully I can answer all your questions. I consider the Charles Daly line of rifles to be the equal of any of the "standard" AR15's. DPMS, RRA, Stag, Bushmaster, and Colt. I tested the D-M4 and it had four ammuntion related stoppages in 2000 plus rounds without cleaning. I made sure that the stoppages were ammo related by switching ammuntion immediately after the stoppage(s).

As for the selector, every rifle should have an ambidextrous safety especially a right handed rifle being used by a left hander. You can attach any of the Picatinny/M1913 spec rail attachable accessories to a CDD M-4-style weapon.

D-M4 vs. D-M4LE depends on how you are going to use it and how much you are going to use it. You can read my review of the regular D-M4 in the link in my signature or just click here. The D-M4LE will allow you to shoot heavier bullets, and withstand heat over a longer period of time. Unless you are a three gun competitor or an "operator" the D-M4 should work. Some people pick the D-M4LE over the D-M4 for "insurance".

TS

:welcome: Hopefully I can answer all your questions. I consider the Charles Daly line of rifles to be the equal of any of the "standard" AR15's. DPMS, RRA, Stag, Bushmaster, and Colt. I tested the D-M4 and it had four ammuntion related stoppages in 2000 plus rounds without cleaning. I made sure that the stoppages were ammo related by switching ammuntion immediately after the stoppage(s).

As for the selector, every rifle should have an ambidextrous safety especially a right handed rifle being used by a left hander. You can attach any of the Picatinny/M1913 spec rail attachable accessories to a CDD M-4-style weapon.

D-M4 vs. D-M4LE depends on how you are going to use it and how much you are going to use it. You can read my review of the regular D-M4 in the link in my signature or just click here. The D-M4LE will allow you to shoot heavier bullets, and withstand heat over a longer period of time. Unless you are a three gun competitor or an "operator" the D-M4 should work. Some people pick the D-M4LE over the D-M4 for "insurance".

TS

Thanks. I read your review yesterday and it was very helpful in my decision for this rifle.

* I edited your comment out of your quote of me. Feel free to change anything - TS

Edited by TigerStripe

I have a Charles Daly M4LE. Please be aware that this is my first AR type weapon having only ever fired some of these in the USAF a very long time ago. Having said this, TigerStripe's review was an excellent read for me as was Stickman's M4LE review. I have less than 1k rounds down range (but it's close :) ) and grow more fond of this weapon every time I use it (or even just admire it!). I can't tell you how good it is because I've nothing to compare it to but if I had it to do all over again, I'd do exactly the same thing along with more pmags :nt:. I saw the winds (election) blowing and bought mine before the rush. What a savings! My inexperienced experience says that I did the right thing. I'm thoroughly enjoying mine (when I can find ammo). For what it's worth (your cost), I have to give it a thumbs up.

Edited by MMG

I have the M4 LE Model and soon to have two. The Charles Daly is superb construction and Mil spec just like advertised, these are excellent weapons in all instances I have checked or compared toward other manufacturers.

And Yes the $200 extra for the M4 model is worth every cent.