redbarron06

The Memphis Commercial-Appeal has published a searchable database of Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit holders

From one of the members of TFA.

The Memphis Commercial-Appeal has published a searchable database of Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit holders. They cite as the source the TN Department of Safety.

Here's a Link: http://www.commercialappeal.com/data/gunpermits/

This invasion of privacy is why we need to get bills such as SB 0172 / HB 0221 passed!!! This bill will protect the Confidentiality of handgun carry permit applications. Makes confidential information pertaining to handgun carry permits relative to public inspection or publication. Authorizes law enforcement agencies to access such information for investigating or prosecuting purposes. Specifies that publication of such information by anyone other than the permit holder is a Class A misdemeanor punishable by fine only. (S: Ketron; H: Bass)

The reason this isnt' already on the books is Jimmy Naifeh! (Look him up, by the way...)

Contact your legislators about this! Contact the Commercial-Appeal & complain, too. When the Nashville Tennesseean pulled the same stunt a few years ago, the site was pulled due to the volume of complaints received. Let's make it happen again!

This is not just an issue for Memphis--it affects every permit holder in Tennessee, no matter where you are. Information about you is available on the internet, to anyone wishing to obtain it.

Now if I know your last name and the city you live in I can target your house for break in to steal your gun not to mention targeting you for other things.

Few years back some newspapers/liberal media asked for and got a list of everybody in Colorado who had concealed weapons permits and some papers printed the entire list in the newspapers........

I would ensure any media outlet that does this never received a penny of my business.

If they had free papers I would ensure they were used to start my fire each night.

i dont know if you actually went into the database or not but I did. I could simply enter my zip code and it pulled up 146 folks in my zip (including me) that had carry permits. From there a crook would only have to print and ride around and look for names on mailboxes. This is jacked up.

Emails will be inbound.

I did play around with it and it does not include renewals or new licenses in the later half of the last year which leads me to believe this information was let out right in the middle of last Mays "New Rules" that were designed to attack the entire system by making it almost impossible to renew. That was a rule change to include a second background check for renewal as well as a second proof of citizenship which of course they told none of us about but after the fact.

Same person who got fired over that mess probably had a hand in this one.

My name is not on that list and for my small town there's 17 pages of CCW permit holders which would be a good majority of the folks who live here. I have no doubt that many people own guns here do, everyone about does, but actually taking the time to get a permit?

Has anyone else confirmed if their name is on the list?

This will help me in what tact I take with the state. Thanks. (I don't need your detail just confirmation you found yourself.)

TJ

Emails will be inbound.

I did play around with it and it does not include renewals or new licenses in the later half of the last year which leads me to believe this information was let out right in the middle of last Mays "New Rules" that were designed to attack the entire system by making it almost impossible to renew. That was a rule change to include a second background check for renewal as well as a second proof of citizenship which of course they told none of us about but after the fact.

Same person who got fired over that mess probably had a hand in this one.

My name is not on that list and for my small town there's 17 pages of CCW permit holders which would be a good majority of the folks who live here. I have no doubt that many people own guns here do, everyone about does, but actually taking the time to get a permit?

Has anyone else confirmed if their name is on the list?

This will help me in what tact I take with the state. Thanks. (I don't need your detail just confirmation you found yourself.)

TJ

I got my permit late last year and my name is on the list.

I got my permit late last year and my name is on the list.

It wouldn't be. Looks like the cut off is May of 2007.

What we need is confirmation someone is on the list and this is not a fake just to stir crap up.

Thanks,

Tj

BTW, They've done the fake lists before. The idea being stir enough shat up the state will not want to deal with it so outlaw CCW.

I just ran one of my pilots and he told me he had one and his came up.

I left a voice mail with the paper. How many folks have to call to shut the phone system down. Ohh by thge way the phone number for the station is 800-444-6397 use the 800 number because it will cost the paper to get calls on that system. I would like to see the faces of them when they are getting calls from Alaska and Hawii because of this. The name is Byran Robinson. You may contact him by email through the following site http://www.commercialappeal.com/staff/brya...binson/contact/

Message sent to Bryan Robinson, Joe Pepe (president) and ababout 10 other folks at the paper that are in areas of sales and marketing.

Mr. Robinson,

Please remove the searchable data base for handgun permit holders from your web site. This action places the folks that have handgun permits in danger of crime because now criminals looking for guns can target a location by simply pulling up a zip code and riding around looking at names on mailboxes and breaking into houses that nobody is home. This was very irresponsible of the paper to post such information. Do you have a link to search all the folks that have learners permits? How about hunting licenses? This clearly demostrates the intention of the paper to infringe upon the public's Second Amendment rights by using your freedom of the press and freedom of speech.

The actions of your web site have endangered citizens of the state of Tennessee. I will use every means available to me to spread this information around to any potential clients both subscribers and advertisers.

come on guys lets shut the the email servers and phone switches down for every body in the company.

They are a part of

http://www.scripps.com/

Corporate Headquarters:

312 Walnut Street

2800 Scripps Center

Cincinnati, OH 45202

Phone: 513-977-3000

Fax: 513-977-3721

E-mail Contacts:

Corporate Communications: corpcomm@scripps.com

Human Resources: askHR@scripps.com

Edited by superman07

E-mail corpcomm@scripps.com also. make the parent company call them to slap them up a bit.

E-mail corpcomm@scripps.com also. make the parent company call them to slap them up a bit.

Done

Those on the list, don't forget to mention a guaranteed litigation if your home is targeted for crime.

Money talks.