Dirty Hairy

Anti Confiscation Law in Mississippi

Has anybody heard anything about a recent law being passed in Mississippi that would disallow government confiscation of firearms in the event of martial law being declared. If that is true, I'd like to see similar legislation in Tennessee. With our newly annointed savior destroying our freedoms, martial law may be just around the corner. If that were to happen, our guns would be more precious than ever. :flea: :flea: :flea:

Honestly, what difference would it make?

If they ignore the US Constitution what's stopping them from ignoring a state law?

The right to keep and bare arms is part of the TN State Constitution with no mention of militia.

Tj

Firearms and Ammunition - As introduced, prohibits governor from commandeering firearms or suspending sale of ammunition during state of emergency; prohibits state, public officials, and local governments from imposing additional restrictions on firearms and ammunition during state of emergency or disaster. - Amends TCA Title 58, Chapter 2, Part 1.

Call your critter and let him know to support HB0766.

poke here

Edited by redbarron06

Call your critter and let him know to support HB0766.

poke here

Emailed him this morning in support of this and HB0221,0959,0960,0961&0962. Going to call Eddie this weekend, he's an old buddy of mine even though he's a demorat, I vote for him every election due to his pro-gun stance. He was sherriff here for several years, overall good guy. My son, his brother in law and I sight in our deer rifles close to his house, he always wants to know what the hell we're shootin up there. Our 7mmMags rattle his windows but it's cool with him. :thumb:

Emailed him this morning in support of this and HB0221,0959,0960,0961&0962. Going to call Eddie this weekend, he's an old buddy of mine even though he's a demorat, I vote for him every election due to his pro-gun stance. He was sherriff here for several years, overall good guy. My son, his brother in law and I sight in our deer rifles close to his house, he always wants to know what the hell we're shootin up there. Our 7mmMags rattle his windows but it's cool with him. :thumb:

He seemed like a likable guy especailly for a democrat. reminds me of what we call Southern democrats down here. Nothing like the western or northern democrats and he is by no means liberal.