Sign in to follow this  
Firemanwas11b

Sweet

We were just informed that we got an AFG grant for all new turnout gear. Which will be great because the hand me down stuff I have now the legs are short and the waist is huge. Plus the grant also covers new pagers and radios...life will be nice

That is great to hear, we have an equipment Grant in works also. It is always a moral booster to get new equipment...especially one that can make the job easier or help keep you safe.

Congratulations!

This is the second grant for us. Last year we got one for all new SCBA and compressor. Our 4500 lb bottles are so much nicer, we no longer have to swap bottles after 10-15 min.

Did you have someone take a class on writing the grants? We did and it seems to have helped greatly

This is the second grant for us. Last year we got one for all new SCBA and compressor. Our 4500 lb bottles are so much nicer, we no longer have to swap bottles after 10-15 min.

Did you have someone take a class on writing the grants? We did and it seems to have helped greatly

Yes, but he passed last month, good friend of mine. We now have a grant writer do the majority of the work, until we can get someone competent enough to take over. I'm getting ready to try for a communications grant for new radios...hope it works out.

If you have any say in this at all try and get the g-xtreme gear. We have had it for about a year and it is awesome. Our old gear didn't even come close to letting you move the way the g-xtreme does, Everyone loves it.

--mdaugherty49, firefighter/medic Denison, TX

From what I understand they have already decieded what we are getting. I have not heard what kind we are getting yet, though from what I have heard we are getting a different style helmet. Instead of the Carnes that we have now we are getting a heavier helmet with a longer tail and place on it for the shield. Which will look nice but I would prefer what we have now, the longer bills with me hit the SCBA and you already wear a crap load of gear why add more weight to it,

I wish I could get new equipment :sad: Still using Vietnam era stuff :unsure:

I wish I could get new equipment Still using Vietnam era stuff

what are you in need of ?