AR15Armory.com

Pastor beaten and tazed by border ghestoppo

Oedipus Rex

You stand up for your rights in court, not with the police.

Many forget this simple fact.

Sorry, but if I do not want to talk to an officer, I don't have to. It's his job to know where my rights stand and what lines he cannot cross. If I have to inform him of those lines, then so be it. I'm not going to get my ass tazed and then tell the COURTS what my rights are. That's ridiculous.

If a cop comes to your door and asks to search your house for a grow-op because he smelled pot...Do you open up and let him arrest you for no reason and then tell him your rights? Or do you say "Sorry, I do not open my door for Police. Get a warrant. If you have a warrant, have fun kicking down the door."?

The latter is the correct choice.

That said, this guy was pushing it from the sounds of it. The cops had to break his windows which means he rolled his windows up on them, which is non-compliance, which most cops these days will respond with tazing you for. Not that they should, but that is what they do.

He got impatient. He should have gotten out of the car (if an officer asks you to get out of your car, I believe you have to) and evoked his 4th and 5th. The officers would have hassled him, lied about a dog smelling drugs (they always do that), and then eventually just sent the guy on his way.

Sounds to me like the guy got sick of waiting for them to let him go so he decided to make a wrong move.

Not saying he deserved it, but I can see why it happened at least.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but if I do not want to talk to an officer, I don't have to.

True, but if an oficer wants to talk to you, then you DO have to provide certain info, like name or possibly D.L. and registration if you are driving.

One way or another, you WILL answer those simple question or you WILL go to jail, after the beating that is.

It's his job to know where my rights stand and what lines he cannot cross.

Trust me, most do. That is why they ask questions like "Have you had anything to drink or smoke or did you kill anyone?"

Surprisingly, most people incriminate themselves VERY early on.

If I have to inform him of those lines, then so be it. I'm not going to get my ass tazed and then tell the COURTS what my rights are. That's ridiculous.

I have informed a cop of my rights and STILL treated them with respect at the same time. It really aint that hard. But if you act like an ass and refuse to cooperate in ANY way then you will get tazed Bro!

And you will deserved all 50,000 volts of it.

If a cop comes to your door and asks to search your house for a grow-op because he smelled pot...Do you open up and let him arrest you for no reason and then tell him your rights? Or do you say "Sorry, I do not open my door for Police. Get a warrant. If you have a warrant, have fun kicking down the door."?

Actually, this has happened a few times. The cops here dont't care number 1. ANd the other time he was just looking for an address and needed my help. Everything was literally in open view and he looked at it and then said : "Thanks for your help."

Just one of the nice things about living in California. The reality is that cop would probably come back off duty and join me......like I said, it's California!! :Smoker:

And smelling pot inside a house can be probable cause to enter in some situation IIRC, since a crime COULD be in progress. Just like if a cops heres someone screaming for help inside or if a criminal runs inside a house while fleeing the Police.

He got impatient. He should have gotten out of the car (if an officer asks you to get out of your car, I believe you have to) and evoked his 4th and 5th.

Well no duh junior! And since he was resisting arrest by failing to comply with the LAWFUL order to get out of his car he got tazed.

The officers would have hassled him, lied about a dog smelling drugs (they always do that),

RIGHT!!!!!

Not saying he deserved it, but I can see why it happened at least.

He deserved it and more.

Pure and simple, this guy went out looking for a problem, so he could make a video, and post it on the internet. He's after some easy publicity, and a quick payout (he'll settle his eventual lawsuit out of court) for $50k, just to make it go away. He got what he wanted, why is he complaining again? Oh yeah, it's part of the act. This "activism" had nothing to do with his fourth or fifth amendment rights, and everything to do with furthering his views on illegal immigration. He now gets to deal with whatever fallout happens.

Oh please! Tell me how when you get stopped you roll up the windows and stand on the constitution and don't bother to answer a couple simple questions?

Then tell me how surprised Tomas Jefferson would, from an age where politeness was considered a virtue, would be so shocked when an butthole acts like an butthole he gets the snot knocked out of him?

This guy was an butthole who met another butthole, end of story.

Based on his personality, beliefs and ways of doing things, TJ more then likely would have shot them dead on the spot. He believed in these writes and honored those who stood up for them, and was flat out violent towards those who tried to oppress them.

If you are a believer in gun rights, you will face a very similar situation sooner or later. Don't expect any sympathy from me.

and FWIW, I've been through much worse, so don't think I don't know what I am lacking sympathy in. You live by the sword, you die by the sword. That's true justice for you.

He got impatient. He should have gotten out of the car (if an officer asks you to get out of your car, I believe you have to) and evoked his 4th and 5th. The officers would have hassled him, lied about a dog smelling drugs (they always do that), and then eventually just sent the guy on his way.

All true. If they ask you to exit the vehicle, you do it.

This is actually a good instruction video on what to do and what NOT to do when dealing with police. Too bad not many people are aware of this stuff.

Edited by brigadier

Sorry, but if I do not want to talk to an officer, I don't have to. It's his job to know where my rights stand and what lines he cannot cross. If I have to inform him of those lines, then so be it. I'm not going to get my ass tazed and then tell the COURTS what my rights are. That's ridiculous.

Everytime I see you post, I begin to wonder how old you really are. Now Im thinking 16-17?

An officer approaches you and you refuse to give him Id or identify yourself (You are bound by law to do this) and you dont and you resist, I hope I am there to watch you get your ass hauled off to jail.

You must be a rebel :ROFLLMAO:

Judging from another video I just watched, this guy is a TOTAL ShatHead. He's picking fights, not correcting perceived constitutional violations. He probably makes his living suing the Feds based on illegal detention. As far as I'm concerned, this fella probably asked for every volt he got.

:laugh:

I mean hell, we don't know anything about this guy.

He may have been in the act of commiting a crime.

Hell, he may be an attention whore, and never even been through a check point.

If he was blaming any other agency, I might just believe him with little question.

Read a Texas news paper some time, see how many times false accusations are made against BP agents. It happens ALL the time. People do it for politically motivated reasons, and it is horse shat.

These people are part of the reason we can't secure the border.

I am not saying that this guy is lieing, but it wouldn't surprise me. I wanna know the whole story.

That's where I come down on this also.

The debate about whether we should have permanent check points this far inside the border is something I'll leave alone for another time.

However, as I was listening to this guy my B.S. meter was pegging full tilt.

I've been through that check-point MANY times.....it is the shortest way home to Tucson when coming back from San Diego.

The BP agents have ALWAYS been very courteous to me.

One time I got a hell of a scare because my Mother and Father-in-law who are Filipino and haven't gotten their final citizenship yet left their damned green cards (Permanent Resident Alien documentation) at home in Tucson.

I couldn't believe it.....they know full well they are supposed to have them on them at all times......and here I am stuck at a border patrol check-point in the middle of the night and they don't have their green cards.

The agents read them the riot act about not carrying their cards with them, but they let us go without searching the vehicle anyway.

I wouldn't be totally shocked to find one or two rogue agents at a checkpoint...however, this guy wants us to believe it's a huge conspiracy....It wasn't just the two agents that originally stopped him.....they called over other agents who participated...then the County Sheriff was present when they actually broke his windows......then the DPS officer (probably highway patrol) was cruel to him also refusing to let him use the rest room and drove him to an emergency room but refused to let him go inside and actually get treated.

I'm sorry...but I agree with the others that said we are taking everything this guy says at face value without ever hearing the other side. Just listening to him talk....he comes off as a real butthole, not like any Baptist preacher I've ever known.

I'll wait and hear the other side of the story before I buy into this stuff about how oppressive our BP agents are...especially given that my experience is the EXACT opposite in the dozens of times I've gone through that very checkpoint.

I would love to search your car, all kinds of goodies in there I bet. Don't worry, I will have probable cause due to your "erratic driving".

Erratic driving ain't PC to go ina car dude.

There are two sides to every story. I wasn't there. It's possible he's lying, it's possible they are lying. It's possible he over reacted and possible they over reacted.

I don't see what the big freaking deal is about showing ID or giving your name. I mean what the fuzz is the big deal? I'd imagine that like here, there you are required to have a valid drivers license on your person while operating a motor vehicle. Not everything is a master plan or scheme to take away rights.

You take a much much much bigger risk giving your name and address over the internet buying gun parts than showing ID to a police officer, one singular person who MIGHT do something with it. In reality he will forget your name by the next call versus the internet your name is there for years upon years and millions of people potentially have access to it.

Very well said post and yes we should always stay very aware of systematic abuses of power. I would suggest you back up a couple pages and read the links to the news articles and watch the video of the guys behavior at yet a different check point.

Short version, this guy has an political agenda which includes closing down these check points, has been cruising looking for an incident so he can make a big deal about it on the internet, has purposely been belligerent, and his whole position of just doing my thing, innocent American standing on his rights, a complete fabrication and lie.

I personally find believing anything a proven liar tells me as the God given truth. Yes, it will all come out but even if this guy is exonerated due to the actions of some overzealous Border Patrol guy, I can not nor will I condone his actions of trolling check points looking for trouble. That's our tax dollars this guy is wasting trying to make a political point.

Tj

TJ....On this point I am going to agree with you 100%. I did some research on this guy, you CANNOT look at his latest YouTube post and make any decision on his encounter. Search his other YouTube clips and read up on this guy. He is looking for trouble and found it.

Based on his personality, beliefs and ways of doing things, TJ more then likely would have shot them dead on the spot. He believed in these writes and honored those who stood up for them, and was flat out violent towards those who tried to oppress them.

If you are a believer in gun rights, you will face a very similar situation sooner or later. Don't expect any sympathy from me.

and FWIW, I've been through much worse, so don't think I don't know what I am lacking sympathy in. You live by the sword, you die by the sword. That's true justice for you.

All true. If they ask you to exit the vehicle, you do it.

This is actually a good instruction video on what to do and what NOT to do when dealing with police. Too bad not many people are aware of this stuff.

Right, OK, The founder of the public school system would have shot police officers dead on sight for stopping him on the highway while searching for criminals and asking him his name. :blink:

I tell you what he most certainly would not have done, seek those officers out, pull up, then lock himself in the back of the wagon, and try to taunt them for over an hour.

"A nation ceases to be republican...when the will of the majority ceases to be the law." --Thomas Jefferson

80% of American citizens want illegal immigration stopped and a poll has never been taken on catching terrorists who crossed that border illegal. That's not a simple majority. It should be a mandate.

"The fundamental law of every society is the lex majoris partis, to which we are bound to submit." --Thomas Jefferson

"I subscribe to the principle, that the will of the majority honestly expressed should give law." --Thomas Jefferson: Anas,

"I readily suppose my opinion wrong, when opposed by the majority." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1788.

This guy in this video is no hero of the constitution. He's a political activist who sought out confrontation in support of illegal immigration a topic against the will of the people. He is using that document we all hold so dear and yes fought for and bled for to subvert the will of the majority through mass media.

Now sympathy is a very good word for that's just exactly what this punk kid wants. He got a boo boo on his head from the big bad man in the uniform. Of course, he totally leaves out the fact he was seeking this confrontation and his claims of being the innocent non-confrontational bystander simply standing on his rights a blatant miss-truth as proven beyond a shadow of a doubt by his own videos of his actions at previous immigration stops.

Well, I personally do not ask for another man's sympathy for that is not the actions of a man. I do often ask men to not watch the right hand while the left hand stabs them in the back, despite the fact it more often than not falls on a blind eye, blinded by the right hand.

Pick your heroes wisely gentlemen for often as is the case with this guy, they are not what they seem, their cause not what they state, and the result they seek not what you want.

Tj

You are taking those quotes way out of context. In a republican form of government, like the one limited by the constitution, the majority can never vote away the rights of the minority. You are implying that TJ thought that constitutionally guaranteed rights could be revoked by the will of the majority, which is asinine. Why lay out the Bill of Rights if they could be voted out by 51%? Why does it take 3/4ths of state legislatures to ratify a new constitutional amendment, when the founders believed that the whole should be ruled by a simple majority? Senators aren't evenly distributed by population and therefor the senate is undemocratic, should it be abolished? Why have a constitution at all? They could have made it much shorter, something like "This country will be governed by mob rule. The end."

You're taking a very simplistic view of the way things were when those things were said.

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. -Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. – Thomas Jefferson

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty.–Thomas Jefferson

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. – Thomas Jefferson (1781)

A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government. – Thomas Jefferson (1801)

Confidence is everywhere the parent of despotism. Free government is founded in jealousy, and not in confidence. - Thomas Jefferson

Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? – Thomas Jefferson (1801)

In matters of Power, let no more be heard of confidence in men, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution. – Thomas Jefferson

The care of every man's soul belongs to himself. But what if he neglect the care of it? Well what if he neglect the care of his health or his estate, which would more nearly relate to the state. Will the magistrate make a law that he not be poor or sick? Laws provide against injury from others; but not from ourselves. God himself will not save men against their wills. – Thomas Jefferson

When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson

On every question of construction, let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed. – Thomas Jefferson

I can keep going if you want me to, but these show that the real Tj wanted limited government with guaranteed rights.

Spare me the I took those quotes out of context BS. What topic can be more simple than majority rule. It's not complex and a grade school thing, eight is bigger than two and please spare me the pages of stuff really out of context trying to convince me our founding fathers didn't approve of majority rule.

This whole thing is as simple as there is a right way and wrong way to go about addressing your grievances and Pastor Punks trolling of Border Patrol points, doing a job 80% of Americans approve of, looking for a fight is not the right way.

OMG, This punk got a boo boo and because it was a cop, we're all suppose to feel sorry for him. He's damn lucky some cowboy or Arizona citizen who's fed up with illegal aliens flying the Mexican flag and wanting to take their homes wasn't in the car behind him hearing his BS. He may have gotten a serious beat down.

Tj

BTW, I've had enough after eight pages of you not admitting this guy totally had you fooled. You ate his poor innocent preacher just standing on his rights totally abused for nothing line up hook line and sinker. We know better now. Get over it. Life will be easier.