AR15Armory.com

Pastor beaten and tazed by border ghestoppo

Oedipus Rex

We are talking cars here, not houses.

Two COMPLEETE:Y diiferent subjects.

And the dogs and his attitude gave the cops every right to search his car.

In your world maybe, but not according to the constitution.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are talking cars here, not houses.

Two COMPLEETE:Y diiferent subjects.

And the dogs and his attitude gave the cops every right to search his car.

Well I frequently don't care for your attiude, does that give me the right to search you, your car or your house? NOT!

Before I jump to any conclusions, I want to know if this guy had anything on his record.

Who knows?

The ONLY person we heard from is him!!

You just never know, he may have had priors,

We don't KNOW!!!

You can't bark the 4th amendment with out knowing the whole circumstance of the stop.

If he is going to make an accusation, just as he deserves, the BP is innocent until proven guilty. It goes both ways. We dpn't now anything about this guy, other than what he said.

The burden of proof is on HIM.

Hell we don't know jack about this guy, he may just be some lunatic on youtube, and people are screaming the "4th amendment" with out actually knowing shat about what happened, other than from him.

I just want to know both sides before I make a judgement call. Is that to much to ask?

If his story is indeed true, and proven to be so, then yeah, lock up the BP in accordance of law.

But don't you think it is a little premature to trust some guy on youtube saying he was unjustly attacked by BP agents?

Edited by POOR_MAN

It's the same thing. They were exercising their rights, he was exercising his.

Now you're back full circle. If a guy without showing his ID as an American citizen, refusing to answer any questions, yells 4th and 5th amendment should we let him just drive through a immigration checkpoint? The same principle would apply at the border.

Its just like saying, sure come on in. Ever think this is what this Baptist soft heart wants?

This wasn't a license or insurance checkpoint where if anyone with any sense was trying to make a constitutional issue, that's where, not there.

Do you think this guy is really foolish enough to think, they'd let him just drive through by saying 5th Amendment? I don't think so. He doesn't strike me as that stupid. He has an agenda and he paid the price for it. It's an agenda 80% of American's, despite government support, does not approve of.

How do you know while he was being wrestled out of his car, his van full of illegals following him didn't zing right through the checkpoint? Why of course not, west coast chruches aren't known for harboring illegal aliens now are they?

Yup. So unless tyhis guy wants to pick up a gun he should follow the law of the land until then.

So your constitutionally guaranteed rights aren't guaranteed rights unless you shoot people for them? What's the point of the constitution if you gotta have a shoot out every time you want your rights respected?

Edited by Oedipus Rex

Now you're back full circle. If a guy without showing his ID as an American citizen, refusing to answer any questions, yells 4th and 5th amendment should we let him just drive through a immigration checkpoint? The same principle would apply at the border.

This wasn't at the border.

Its just like saying, sure come on in. Ever think this is what this Baptist soft heart wants?

I don't know what him being baptist has anything to do with anything.

This wasn't a license or insurance checkpoint where if anyone with any sense was trying to make a constitutional issue, that's where, not there.

Why not? It's a checkpoint miles away from the border.

Do you think this guy is really foolish enough to think, they'd let him just drive through by saying 5th Amendment? I don't think so. He doesn't strike me as that stupid. He has an agenda and he paid the price for it. It's an agenda 80% of American's, despite government support, does not approve of.

I don't think he thought he'd be let through. But it's wrong. And what if 80% of Americans wanted all weapons banned? Would that magically make gun control okay?

How do you know while he was being wrestled out of his car, his van full of illegals following him didn't zing right through the checkpoint? Why of course not, west coast chruches aren't known for harboring illegal aliens now are they?

I'm pretty sure it's mostly the RCC that's been harboring illegals.

Well I frequently don't care for your attiude, does that give me the right to search you, your car or your house? NOT!

Of course not, you are not a cop, nor do you have a drug sniffing dog.

Attitude means EVERYTHING while at a police stop.

And again, a person has his day in court, NOT on teh side of the road!

When I join the force I will be sure to pull over and search all vehicles from California. There is probable cause they will have weed and illegals in them. :laugh:

You would make a crappy cop. Weed is LEGAL in Cali witha medical ID.

Of course not, you are not a cop, nor do you have a drug sniffing dog.

Attitude means EVERYTHING while at a police stop.

And again, a person has his day in court, NOT on teh side of the road!

No, I am not yet. But when I am, I will have better judgement than that.

Ok, here is a scenerio for ya.....

A police officer pulls over a driver for reportedly "weaving"

The driver refuses to answer any questions, or subject him self to any searches, while citing the 4th amendment.

The police officer is forced to let the guy go, as he did not want to infring on the mans rights.

15 miles later, the drunk guy kills a family of 4.

Come on, you have to be reasonable at times. Driving on public roads is a privilage, not a right,

When I join the force I will be sure to pull over and search all vehicles from California. There is probable cause they will have weed and illegals in them. :laugh:

I don't know about that, but I'm pretty certain if you let people though that won't answer any questions and refuse to cooperate, you probably won't have your job long. :laugh:

Ok, here is a scenerio for ya.....

A police officer pulls over a driver for reportedly "weaving"

The driver refuses to answer any questions, or subject him self to any searches, while citing the 4th amendment.

The police officer is forced to let the guy go, as he did not want to infring on the mans rights.

15 miles later, the drunk guy kills a family of 4.

Come on, you have to be reasonable at times. Driving on public roads is a privilage, not a right,

If it's Sarge he gets Tazed and beat with a phone book. :laugh:

If it's Sarge he gets Tazed and beat with a phone book. :laugh:

:laugh:

I mean hell, we don't know anything about this guy.

He may have been in the act of commiting a crime.

Hell, he may be an attention whore, and never even been through a check point.

If he was blaming any other agency, I might just believe him with little question.

Read a Texas news paper some time, see how many times false accusations are made against BP agents. It happens ALL the time. People do it for politically motivated reasons, and it is horse shat.

These people are part of the reason we can't secure the border.

I am not saying that this guy is lieing, but it wouldn't surprise me. I wanna know the whole story.

Edited by POOR_MAN