AR15Armory.com

Pastor beaten and tazed by border ghestoppo

Oedipus Rex

If there is a lawsuit and he wins, it only helps illegal immigration and the left agenda.

Amen,

If he is lieing, it sure as hell would not be the first time this week.

BP agents catch a lot of crap.

As I said, I would probably question his story less if it had been a different agency. But my reflexes are always fast when someone points a finger at a BP agent.

I've read to many horror stories about them getting sued over BS.

In fact, I would consider joining the BP if it wasn't such a high liability. I do not want to make that sacrifice :laugh:

Plus I am lazy, and prefer argueing with you guys on the internet. :thumb:

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well heck, its no fun if we have all the information. No fun at all. :laugh:

this is pretty fun. :)

I really don't know what that has to do with it at all really. Haven't met too many Baptist Ministers that won't answer a few questions to anyone myself and I sure know my share. Most, I know, would try to convert the guy and have a donation out of him before they left. :laugh:

:lol: and this is hilariously true. my old youth pastor (baptist) would invite BP agents on to our church bus when we'd go canoeing in canada, just for some friendly conversation.

Kinda sounds like you think people should be charged for thought crimes.

If this was a political stunt, then it wasn't a thought crime.

It was a premeditated ploy to become a martyr, and obstruction of justice. (if it could be proved)

All I wanna know is the whole story, I have read to many articles about people taking legal action on BP agents for no good reason. And sometimes winning!

For all my complaining about federal agencies, you will very rarely catch me complaining about them.

Edited by POOR_MAN

Kinda sounds like you think people should be charged for thought crimes.

Nope but doing a stunt to get on the internet for a political agenda sure would be proof he caused this on purpose so interfering with officers in the line of duty. That could tack on at least another 30 days.

There's plenty of ways to make a political point like the current Tea Parties without interfering with people doing their jobs and endangering others. Motive has everything to do with the commission of a crime.

Sounds like to me you think if someone gets accidentally killed during a felony then its simple manslaughter or just an accident.

Whoops, sorry, If I believed that last one then I'd be putting words in someone else's mouth trying to insinuate things based on nothing but speculation to destroy their character. :)

Tj

This is complete and total bullshat. We now have exactly ONE man's word on what happened. Yet, based on this, we're having constitutional discussions/arguments, vilifying the BP as a whole, and postulating on what some of us might do in a similar situation.

Believe it or not, the Supreme Court has ruled that checkpoints are legal, and constitutional, as long as their scope is limited. Oregon's state constitution forbids it, so we don't do them here.

Driving a motor vehicle on a public way means that you've given implied consent to present identification, proof of liability insurance, and registration documentation when so ordered by a peace officer. You don't have to answer every question posed, but you do have to (if you want to keep driving legally) present the documents requested. A short detention to allow a drug dog to sniff a vehicle has specifically been authorized by the supreme court, and ruled constitutional. Twenty minutes is the magic number, anything much more than that and it's starting towards an unlawful detention. Once a dog "alerts" on your vehicle, they then have probable cause to search the vehicle. A lawful, warrantless search. The automobile exception has been in place for MANY years. Exigent circumstances and all. Failing to cooperate with that search, at least to the point of exiting your vehicle, can be a violation of various state laws.

This one man's statement, uncorroborated statement at that, is that his rights were violated. Based upon his statement alone, a self-serving one at that, we're supposed to condemn the actions of the Border Patrol? Really? Wouldn't that be just like one Border Patrol agent arresting this guy for some crime he thinks happened, and sending him straight to prison without a trial, hearing, or appeal?

This guy has a vested interest in telling his story online. He has a vested interest in making people believe he's a "victim" of the evil, oppressive government. He's not only looking to get out of criminal charges, he's looking for a cash payout. He wants a settlement, and the bigger the stink he can make, the bigger mess he can make for the BP, the greater the likelihood that they'll give him a fistful of cash to go away and forget the incident. Today's political climate being what it is, the immigration issue being a hot button topic, the last thing the BP guys want to do is make a huge mistake on tape, and wind up being on the evening news.

I stand up for people's rights all the time, I take civil rights quite seriously. Anyone who knows me, or has spoken to me at any length at all knows I'd be the last one to defend a dirty cop/federal agent. I believe that if this guy's story proves to be true, then these BP guys should be hung out to dry, and imprisoned. But at least right now, we have NO information about this incident. We have NO evidence, except this guy's word. He refers to all of the video feeds at the BP offices, I'm sure if he's telling the truth, we'll see that on the video that will be splashed all over the evening news very shortly. Until then, I'm reserving judgment on the entire issue.

:laugh:

I'm sorry, this guy made me laugh. Did he really think this wasn't going down any other way or hell even 30 years ago it wouldn't have?

I could just see this guy rolling up his windows, locking his doors like a kid, and refusing to answer any questions. A real constitutional martyr he is.

Sorry guys, being an butthole always begets a negative response and when one butthole meets another one, its downright explosive.

Tj

Ahhhh...again we disagree. Before I say how I feel about this there are bad people, bad cops, etc. One bad group does not define an entire agency.

It is clear these guys were abusing their authority...if the dog made a hit then it would have been cut & dry but they DID NOT. This is harrasment and big brother sticking his foot up our ass. If there were cameras I hope they get a subpoena and nail all the officers involved.

I am sure if it were you or a family member this happened to you may feel diffrently. Since when is it a crime to stand up for your rights.....?

jmo, but i call :big_bs2:

this arse clown is part of the problem, not part of the solution. the bp's are doing their job and i don't care who argues but this guy is wrong.

maybe next time he will be a better listener and not a instigator :thumbdown:

BTW folks.

This thread is about what the orginal poster posted.

Not about Sarge's bad back or quick hands

Not about Wether or not Oak will be a good cop or a bad cop

Not about drugs in cars or any other shi_t that has been talked about.

Keep it on topic

Ahhhh...again we disagree. Before I say how I feel about this there are bad people, bad cops, etc. One bad group does not define an entire agency.

It is clear these guys were abusing their authority...if the dog made a hit then it would have been cut & dry but they DID NOT. This is harrasment and big brother sticking his foot up our ass. If there were cameras I hope they get a subpoena and nail all the officers involved.

I am sure if it were you or a family member this happened to you may feel diffrently. Since when is it a crime to stand up for your rights.....?

Uh? Did you listen to the story even as the guy told it?

He admitted the agent told him the dog got a hit. That should have been the end of the story, that shouldn't have started in the first place, there, not a fight that ended up getting him tazed. If indeed the Border Patrol agent fudged the dogs reaction which we only have the expert opinion of this guy on what the dogs call reaction would be and totally discarding without hesitation the actual dog handlers opinion, then his recourse at that point was no evidence found could be used against him and he could file for civil rights violation.

BTW, I don't know why they bothered to get the dog in the first place unless its like most check points and it was there anyway. As far as any reasonable person would be concerned, they had probable cause from the moment this guy refused to identify himself. That's what these check points is all about and the Agent would lose his job for letting folks through who didn't.

Instead of following the steps for proper due process, he started the incident by refusing to even answer simple questions, locking himself in his car, and then becoming antagonistic to the point he had to be forcibly removed. That's his own words.

So now I ask you as well, do you think its OK for people to pull up to our international borders and/or illegal alien check points refuse to identify themselves claiming 4th and 5th amendment then we just let them drive right through?

Or are we suppose to make exceptions for white Baptist Ministers since we couldn't if we wanted to because we don't know they are until after the fact because they refused to tell us?

This whole thing stinks of a Illegal Immigration support stunt.

What motive can anyone have other than that for not cooperating in the least bit? He totally admitted he didn't cooperate not even answering the simplest questions like who he was, citizenship, and where he's been. Yeah, that's what they ask at these check points.

So I'm some anti-constitution guy because I find it funny as hell some idiot, probably a illegal alien supporter, pulls into a check point looking for trouble then cries like a baby when he finds just what he was looking for.

Now tell me this all you all screaming civil rights violation, how many of you all would pull up to a immigration check point and simply roll up your windows and refuse to answer any questions? How many of you are surprised, be honest now, what happened after that?

Let me give you a hint, I wouldn't try this the next time you get pulled over, unless you want your own choreographed Utube video. :wink:

Tj

the border patrol aren't gestapo. there isn't proof of him getting beaten other than some bruises and his word which is posted on you tube. wouldn't a news station be the media to get the word out in a more believable fashion. hell for all we know he could have been beaten up by his wife, life partner or some unsuspecting victim.