AR15Armory.com

Pastor beaten and tazed by border ghestoppo

Oedipus Rex

If this guys is not exaggerating...and I feel he may be, as you heard the story go from the BP holding his head down to "beaten to a pulp" as his anger elevated... the BP should be investigated and punished for any violation. However, we should all wait for that investigation to expose the facts of the incident. Just because this guy is a pastor doesn't mean he isn't a total butt head or a liar. The tapes will tell the truth. I believe that in the interest of protecting ourselves, we have all agreed to comply with laws that could be considered invasive. Think of airport security. What if this same guy refused to take off his shoes or have his bag inspected at the airport? He just wanted to be allowed to board the plane as he shouldn't have his constitutional rights violated? Would you consider his act a reasonable protest in support of his rights? Doubt it. What is the difference with the internal border patrol checkpoints? If anyone can cry "constitution!" to avoid compliance, it isn't a far stretch that those who NEED to avoid searches for obvious, illegal reasons, will have a new tool to use.....is it worth it?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this guys is not exaggerating...and I feel he may be, as you heard the story go from the BP holding his head down to "beaten to a pulp" as his anger elevated... the BP should be investigated and punished for any violation. However, we should all wait for that investigation to expose the facts of the incident. Just because this guy is a pastor doesn't mean he isn't a total butt head or a liar. The tapes will tell the truth. I believe that in the interest of protecting ourselves, we have all agreed to comply with laws that could be considered invasive. Think of airport security. What if this same guy refused to take off his shoes or have his bag inspected at the airport? He just wanted to be allowed to board the plane as he shouldn't have his constitutional rights violated? Would you consider his act a reasonable protest in support of his rights? Doubt it. What is the difference with the internal border patrol checkpoints? If anyone can cry "constitution!" to avoid compliance, it isn't a far stretch that those who NEED to avoid searches for obvious, illegal reasons, will have a new tool to use.....is it worth it?

Very well said post and yes we should always stay very aware of systematic abuses of power. I would suggest you back up a couple pages and read the links to the news articles and watch the video of the guys behavior at yet a different check point.

Short version, this guy has an political agenda which includes closing down these check points, has been cruising looking for an incident so he can make a big deal about it on the internet, has purposely been belligerent, and his whole position of just doing my thing, innocent American standing on his rights, a complete fabrication and lie.

I personally find believing anything a proven liar tells me as the God given truth. Yes, it will all come out but even if this guy is exonerated due to the actions of some overzealous Border Patrol guy, I can not nor will I condone his actions of trolling check points looking for trouble. That's our tax dollars this guy is wasting trying to make a political point.

Tj

I'm glad to see that most of us are well conditioned... NEVER QUESTION AUTHORITY! Might makes right, don't defy unconstitutional government practices, unless they try to take away your guns.

Are people that do open carry activism rabble rousers, who are looking for trouble. Or are they people who are trying to make the public aware of government overstepping it's bounds?

I'm glad to see that most of us are well conditioned... NEVER QUESTION AUTHORITY! Might makes right, don't defy unconstitutional government practices, unless they try to take away your guns.

WHat are you?

12?

Are people that do open carry activism rabble rousers, who are looking for trouble. Or are they people who are trying to make the public aware of government overstepping it's bounds?

Riiiight.

bc

Some lefty: "If taking guns out of the hands of the people saves one life, I'm all for it. :thumb:"

After reading your replies in this thread, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

What happened a mean old cop give you a ticket once?

I can make a serious suggestion for you. Before you post another Border Patrol Gestapo thread, you may want to read the forum rules and have your facts straight.

After reading your replies in this thread, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

What happen a mean old cop give you a ticket once?

I'm not that lefty, you sound a lot more like him than I do.

I question authority. Something you should do, considering your screen name...

ETA: "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Some jackass who didn't know what he was talking about

Edited by Oedipus Rex

I'm not that lefty, you sound a lot more like him than I do.

I question authority. Something you should do, considering your screen name...

ETA: "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Some jackass who didn't know what he was talking about

You know you are a rebel without a cause and no matter how you may dream in your fantasies of revolution neither Thomas Jefferson nor Ben Franklin were anarchist.

Your hero in this story during their day had he been disrupting legal road blocks searching for illegal aliens and terrorist at a time of war would have been shot on the spot or hung in the public square for treason.

Road blocks to find criminals go back as far as there has been people in this country and any country for that matter. Your anarchistic Utopia does not exist nor will it ever exist.

So you really think that our founding fathers never questioned travelers during the Revolutionary War or War of 1812 and when one refused to talk to them didn't detain them?

Give us a break already. Some of us actually went to school and studied these men.

Tj

so, it's been a while since i posted links to the few stories that popped up about this, and i'm surprised that apparently it was not the 'border ghestoppo' that beat and tazed this guy. from what i can find through other sources, it was the Arizona Department of Public Safety that broke his windows and tazed him. maybe not all that relevant in the argument of constitutional rights, but there seems to be some misguided blame going around here.

so, it's been a while since i posted links to the few stories that popped up about this, and i'm surprised that apparently it was not the 'border ghestoppo' that beat and tazed this guy. from what i can find through other sources, it was the Arizona Department of Public Safety that broke his windows and tazed him. maybe not all that relevant in the argument of constitutional rights, but there seems to be some misguided blame going around here.

If you watched that video of the guy trying this same crap at other immigration stops, you'll find there was a heck of a lot of misinformation in that first video.

If you watched that video of the guy trying this same crap at other immigration stops, you'll find there was a heck of a lot of misinformation in that first video.

i tried. along with a few other unrelated videos of his. couldn't take it.

You know you are a rebel without a cause and no matter how you may dream in your fantasies of revolution neither Thomas Jefferson nor Ben Franklin were anarchist.

I didn't say they were anarchists. But their teachings and the document they helped create, the constitution, made it clear they wanted a severely limited government.

Your hero in this story during their day had he been disrupting legal road blocks searching for illegal aliens and terrorist at a time of war would have been shot on the spot or hung in the public square for treason.

This country didn't have any immigration laws until the 1870's. Without immigration laws it makes it hard for one to be an illegal alien. I don't think the founding fathers were out searching for non-existent illegals.

Terrorists? The revolutionaries were the terrorists. And I'm sure the redcoats wouldn't have had a problem detaining them, or hanging them on suspicion alone.

Road blocks to find criminals go back as far as there has been people in this country and any country for that matter. Your anarchistic Utopia does not exist nor will it ever exist.

Show me one example of a road block in the 1700's.

And you can speculate about my political philosophy all you want, but I would be entirely happy with the government limited by Our Constitution.

So you really think that our founding fathers never questioned travelers during the Revolutionary War or War of 1812 and when one refused to talk to them didn't detain them?

There was a time in this country were the government served the people. That time is long gone.

Give us a break already. Some of us actually went to school and studied these men.

Tj

Argumentum ad hominem, you just lost this debate.

Edited by Oedipus Rex