Sign in to follow this  
firemedic-usmc

looking for a place to shoot in NKY

looking to find a nice place to shoot at in the area i live in nortern Kentucky so southern ohio, or Indiana will work to thanks :flea:

looking to find a nice place to shoot at in the area i live in nortern Kentucky so southern ohio, or Indiana will work to thanks :flea:

How far are you from LBL? I have also heard there are good ranges on Knox.

How far are you from LBL? I have also heard there are good ranges on Knox.

im all the way in the northern part of the state may as well be ohio

NE KY Fish & Game Club has an INCREDIBLE facility outside Catlettsburg... but that's NE KY. I used to belong there, when I LIVED there. :thumb:

NE KY Fish & Game Club has an INCREDIBLE facility outside Catlettsburg... but that's NE KY. I used to belong there, when I LIVED there. :thumb:

there is one in frakfort area kebler is the name . its just outside of georgetown ky. Its an outdoor range free to the public. its has covered bench rest. you have to shoot down steal tubes though. i helps reduce the noise. hope this helps.

There is Shooter's Supply in Independence for an indoor range. Their web site says they have both pistol and rifle ranges.

Target World in the Tri-County area (Ohio) has an indoor pistol range. You can also shoot shotguns and .22 rifles. Some consider it to be a bit questionable, though, because they don't have any real supervision of the range.

The closest outdoor public range I know is Spring Valley, up in Waynesville (about a 45 minute drive). For Spring Valley, they don't sell the day passes on site - you need to stop at Walmart to get the pass, or anywhere else you can pick up a hunting license in Ohio.

There are a few private clubs in the greater Cincinnati area as well for outdoor ranges.

Oh, I almost forgot that One Shot is building a new facility in Newtown. From the description of their plans on their site, it should be a really nice place with a lot of options.

They just broke ground in January - haven't posted an estimated time to be open.

:wink: miami rifle and pistol club, near milford/batavia/owensville!