Guest ar15xd40guy

SW, PA.... where do you guys shoot?

Guest ar15xd40guy

Currently I belong to the forest grove sportsmans assoc. but would like to find a fun range. FGSA is a little on the boring side and they constantly have "renters" there keeping the members from using what they pay for.

anyway, so where do you guys shoot?

north central/northwest here so no help but, :welcome: Glad to see someone else from PA! where are you from? near allentown?

Edited by stevesm

Most people seem to favor Monroeville. No screwy range laws, like, mag limits & slow fire only (McKeesport), or crazy people around, popping off rounds randomly in strange directions (Corapolis). There's some guys up in Beaver go out on one of 'em's private property and shoot a lot - I might be joining them soon - I'll keep you posted. Or drop me a PM.

My husband belongs to New derry Sportsman and we go there. The range is not the best but it works for us. We usually have the place to ourselves. He found another place on Derry Ridge,an old Quarry (i think). :flea:

I go to the state range in Dunbar (Connellsville), and Hecla-thats between New Stanton and Mt. Pleasant. There are a lot of sportsmens clubs around here but you got to be a member.

I go to the state range in Dunbar (Connellsville), and Hecla-thats between New Stanton and Mt. Pleasant. There are a lot of sportsmens clubs around here but you got to be a member.

I should of mentioned that state range is real small. It's nice to know someone with a farm or a lot of land.

I'm kinda late to this topic, but thought I'd throw my hat in here. My home club is Pitcairn Monroeville Sportsmens. There are a number of great clubs in the Pittsburgh area, but PMSc is my personal favorite. We have 11 IPSC bays, rifle range out to 300 yards, skeet/trap ranges, indoor pistol range, and an outdoor pistol range with plate racks. Overall it's a nice club and the membership is very active.

I'm kinda late to this topic, but thought I'd throw my hat in here. My home club is Pitcairn Monroeville Sportsmens. There are a number of great clubs in the Pittsburgh area, but PMSc is my personal favorite. We have 11 IPSC bays, rifle range out to 300 yards, skeet/trap ranges, indoor pistol range, and an outdoor pistol range with plate racks. Overall it's a nice club and the membership is very active.

Since the thread's kinda slow, I'll jump back in and second that. I was a guest out there in late August for the first time, and it is very nice. It's exactly 18 miles there for me - same as Forest Grove... D'OH! :doh:

I GOTTA get back out to my buddy's farm in Finleyville! :unsure: