ranger216

Welcome all okies

I'm new to the site, while browsing the forum i ran across this , and thought this isn't right, some let do some talking about Oklahoma. I'm from the Tulsa area and very active in local shooting if you have a need for anything give me a holler, i can hook you up.

Its nice to see a fellow Oklahoman. This is my first post on this site. I am from Lawton/Fort. Sill but plan on relocating to Dallas soon. About 6 months ago I purchased a DPMS .223 AR-15 from a local gun show and absolutely love it. I also own a Colt 1911 .45. I look forward to be a respectful member of this community. Oddly enough I will be in Tulsa tomorrow at the Metcalf gun show. I heard its one of the biggest in the state. :thumb:

i'm waiting for the one in april. don't have any $ but it'll be fun.

Hello another newbie Okie here. I live near Stillwater.....where do you shoot in Perry?

Hello there fellow okies from the far east part... just across the border from Fort Smith, ark in a ding bat town of Pocola. Lots of places to hunt around here, but darn few to just go out and shoot. Closest public range is 40 miles away, closest indoor range is 70 miles away, but i found me a little spot out by the river where i can go that is only about 5 miles. When the wind isn't blowing to bad you can get in some good practice.

My collection so far is a DPMS 223/5.56 AR15, 2 Chicom SKS's in 7.62x39, and a Springfield M1A in 308. I used to live in California where none of the above were available, so kind of went wild after moving here... :thumb: I also shoot a 40SW and a 45ACP for fun. Got into reloading a couple of years ago and have a Dillon 550B press and load for 380-38spl-40SW-45ACP-223/5.56-7.62x39-308-30.06

Anyone passing through let me know and come on down to the Tote-A-Poke and i'll buy you a cup of coffee and bend your ear some... :thumb:

Hello there fellow okies from the far east part... just across the border from Fort Smith, ark in a ding bat town of Pocola. Lots of places to hunt around here, but darn few to just go out and shoot. Closest public range is 40 miles away, closest indoor range is 70 miles away, but i found me a little spot out by the river where i can go that is only about 5 miles. When the wind isn't blowing to bad you can get in some good practice.

My collection so far is a DPMS 223/5.56 AR15, 2 Chicom SKS's in 7.62x39, and a Springfield M1A in 308. I used to live in California where none of the above were available, so kind of went wild after moving here... :thumb: I also shoot a 40SW and a 45ACP for fun. Got into reloading a couple of years ago and have a Dillon 550B press and load for 380-38spl-40SW-45ACP-223/5.56-7.62x39-308-30.06

Anyone passing through let me know and come on down to the Tote-A-Poke and i'll buy you a cup of coffee and bend your ear some... :thumb:

If I get down that way I'll contact you.

Hawk

Hey folks, fellow Okie here. Lived in Tulsa most of my life, but moved to Glenpool 4 years ago. Just got my first AR last night, a new LMT Defender 2000. I can't wait to get out somewhere and shoot the crap out of it.

Here's a question for you. I know that when Hunting with an AR, there was a limit on how many rounds the gun could hold. There is some question about that now in the regs. But, that's no my question. My question is, if I'm on Department of Wildlife controlled land, just to target shoot at the range there (such as down at Cherokee), do I still have to abide by any capacity restrictions just to use their range? (I have a lifetime hunting license, so that's not an issue).

Hi, I am new here also, just picked up my first AR a lil over a week ago. Anyways, I am down here in SW OK.

New here but not AR's. Uncle Sam issued me my first AR. Since then I have owned many. Oklahoma is such a great gun state!

I wish I was back in OK. Lived in Norman. Moved to Dallas for work. HATE it here. I'm hoping that once my lease is up I can find a job back in central OK and get the hell out of here!

Hello and welcome from another newbie here. James I know right where the tot-a-poke in pacola is I grew up in broken bow. i been through there a few times.. Now live in shawnee.. New to ar's hope to have my first here in about 12 hours..