Sign in to follow this  
KnightOfTheOldeCode

Avoid Gun shop in Westerville!

Avoid Gun shop on main street in Westerville!

That is unless you enjoy being treated extremely rudely. Most folk's don't even know the little out of the way place exists and those that do seem to be of the consensus that the owner is very impolite. When I've ventured into the shop the guy has never been overly friendly but a recent trip has solidfied my position of no longer giving the guy any business.

I've been going there for years. I've Bought many firearms there including a WW2 era German P-08 Luger, a 1944 dated P-38 Walther, an M1 Garand, a 1003 Springfield, M1 carbine, Browning auto-5 and several other guns. Altogether I've spent several thousand green backs there over a period of 10 years. I've always been polite..

You'd think the guy would love me with the money I spent but that isn't the case. The owner or his partner always have a rude or snide comment whenever you call or go into the shop. But since he carries a good selection of Rare military firearms I have endured his bad attitude but a recent incident has changed my mind.

I went into the shop about 40 minutes before closing, it's a bit of a drive for me and he keeps odd hours but anyway. I was looking for a 1917 Winchester Enfield to complete my collection. I looked around a bit with no acknowledgment. Finally the owner barks at me you have to make this quick I'm closing soon. I say sure, No problen, I'm looking for a 1917 Enfield would you happen to have one in stock currently? He asks what Maker and I respond I prefer Winchester but would be interested in any Model of 1917. He proceeds to say no, only had 2 in 6 years. Okay cool.

Anything else he grumbles? Yes I say, I'm also looking for a model 37 Ithaca pump shotgun as well. He says "12 or 20" I tell him I am looking for one in 12. He then goes and gets a model 37 from the rack behind him and says, "Yeah, I've got one" Doesn't offer to let me examine it. I ask if I may have a look at it please? He's reaches it to me with a scowl on his face.. I look it over and it's in nice condition, I am near to telling him I'd like to purchase it. I ask would you happen to have any others in stock right now? I couldn't see the rack behind him.. He says "yeah, I've got five huncdred in the back!" then scoffs, He wasn't joking he was being very hateful. I reach him back the shotgun and tell him I'm sorry sir, I wished to buy this from you but since you've been so rude to me I cannot. He says "whatever".. Evidently he doesn't care if he offends customers or does any business. A person that is that ill-mannered or dislikes people that much shouldn't work in the retail business.

There have been many other issues in the past as well. The P-38 he sold me, he swore it was 100% original with no import marks. When I got it home and examined it with a magnifying glass I discovered it had a replacement barrel and was an import not a WW2 bring back as I was told.

A third issue is his ammo. He reloads and sells a good deal of his own ammo. I've in the past before I knew better I bought ammo from him. I was sold ammo that didn't work ".30 carbine", Ammo loaded to differant degrees of presures ".44 mag" and Corrosive 30-06, which I was told was non corrosive. Suffice to say my garand was greatly damaged.

third on a final note I talked to him about getting a CCL. He told me he wouldn't get his CCW because he could carry open and wouldn't be bothered to get one..

Anyway guys sorry for the rant but just wanted to let you know about the negative experiences I've had so it doesn't happen to you.

Edited by KnightOfTheOldeCode

I experienced the same attitude at a few gun shops. The rude and unfriendly behavior of some of the salespeople or owners kind of makes you want to go up to ask them if they are mentally qualified to even own or sell firearns themselves.

That guy sounds like a real dick. Man, you put up with a lot of crap. It's good you gave him a little "reality therapy." A couple of gunshop owners I've encountered have tended to be a bit humorless, but nonetheless polite and professional. And some clerks are helpful, enthusiastic and friendly. Like they're glad you came in.

That sounds like the same butthole that wanted to charge me sales tax on to AR15s' I bought from out of state and wanted him to transfer them for me before I got my FFL back. Jay was that him I remember telling you about two stores that treated me like shat when I called them, one was in Columbus and the other I believe was in Westerville.

I despise people like that and that ass-clown gives all of us FFL guys a bad rap.

It wouldn't happen to be this gun shop, would it?

http://www.aumiller-gunshop.com/

Funny, when you click on the "thumbs" at the bottom of the "Services" screen you can get pictures of a coupla' guys who likely run the place. One of these suckers is probably the dick you're talking about.

Edited by rasputin

OK I have to chime in here.

I bought my 1903A3 from him and have had very good contact with him. I guess he remembers me since I've only had it a 2 months or so. I would give him another chance later downt he road.

He charged me sales tax on the cost of a gun in a transfer from out of state. :realmad:

He's hard to talk to, and acts like you're bothering him when you go into his shop. :mad:

He also charges $100 or 10% (whichever is higher) of the value for Class 3 transfers. :realmad:

I take my business elsewhere. :rolleyes:

I have been there several times. The old guy on the left is the one who sold me my G19 (I think). He is kinda crotchity, but I usually get along with those kind of guys. He treated me decent enough. I have never had a problem with them, except for their goofy hours... knock on wood.

Jay

i have not heard anything good about that shop in a long time.

he was/is a teacher at one of the westerville schools.

Also another incident that comes to mind.. A nice looking gal in her early twenties put a "new" Glock 19 or 23 I can't remember which in law-a-way once while I was there. After she left I was still there looking thru holsters. One of the guys took the gun she had bought apart and told the other one, "hey, this gun is used" The other fellow said "oh well, what she don't know wont hurt her then laughed." that really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by KnightOfTheOldeCode

Ther are few people in southern California who legally buy guns out of an gunshop. Most shops know this and treat their loyal customers like gold. Every time a new shop opens up I make it a point to check 'em out. I went into this one shop, the owner gave me attitude the minute I walked into his store.

He was out of business in 6 months.

There are too many hard working, honest dealers out there to waste your time with an ass. Let the jerks know why you won't be back, and give them this line, "A happy customer may tell no one. An angry customer tells everyone." Then tell everyone you can at clubs, shows, whatever about this guy's lack of service and horrible attitude. I know I've cost one horrible local dealer thousands of dollars in sales, and it warms my heart. :)

sounds like somebody that won't be getting any of my money.