Nwatson99

Black Rain Upper and Lower Receivers

what do you mean,so you come over here?I have tried my best to get to BRO .I have tried through their web site,and through this site,and nothing.I just got the phone number on this site today!so this is what I mean.when you pay 277.00 dollars for something that does not work properly,and you can not contact anyone,so you try to warn others,and all you get is "so you come over here with out contacting BRO "I realy tried.does your forward assist work?no I did not buy a stripped upper.when I bought this upper I thought that it was quallity,so I did not think that I would have to play computer,phone,or mail tag.also what do you mean you are gone?what kind of costomer support is that!shame on you! I hope that people really gets to read this whole dialog to really get a feel for the hospitality that I feel like I have recieved from you!if this is not BRO I appologize,but the person who sent me this responce "so what do you mean ?"this is what I mean!

Wow thats funny cause I just called them last week and have had no trouble with them answering the phones before.

Take your troll attitude elsewhere.

does BRO make one with out the forward assist?

i got a BRO upper and lower set and can't stand it. my job still sucks, the wife keeps holding out, cant afford day care. when i tried to contact BRO, i literally got shocked by my phone. ..... sorry ..... i had to do that. seriously, i wish i could afford BRO because i love the look and have heard only good things. and i love the look. do marks come filled in, or do i have to fill my own (if i ever can afford one)

i got a BRO upper and lower set and can't stand it. my job still sucks, the wife keeps holding out, cant afford day care. when i tried to contact BRO, i literally got shocked by my phone. ..... sorry ..... i had to do that. seriously, i wish i could afford BRO because i love the look and have heard only good things. and i love the look. do marks come filled in, or do i have to fill my own (if i ever can afford one)

like that! I'm looking to buy one if I can find one at a gun show to look at. I want to see one in my hands before I buy anything. Have to feel the value I guess. :)

hey guys, my upper works great exept for the forward assist,but i really have not had to use it.i was just cycling some rounds manually when i found this out.i really dont want to tear my upper back down,then ship it back off,so i will probably try to fix it myself.ANY TIPS?i really wish i knew my but from a hole in the ground when it comes to a computer.i would love to show you a picture. my rifle does look really good,and it cycles good,but...it bothers me that the assist doesnt work properly,when i paid that much.even though i have never had to use it.i might try to get someone over here to teach me how to post a picture.sorry about the snippiness on my last post.i was mad,and the last message i got made me madder.i am not that bitter,just a little disappointed,but mostly happy?what ever you do.do what ever blows your skirt up,and enjoy yourself! have fun at the range!!!

I can say that I have never had to mess with an FA that is why I'm looking to buy an upper with out the FA on it from BRO

Black Rain Ordnance is somewhat close to me. I may have to check them out in person. From what I can tell they are a top notch company. A little pricey but hey, you get what you pay for in the end..... I am noob on this site but for certain not a noob in the realm of weaponry :flea:

what does this forward assist eveyone is speaking of do? im debating on getting one of these set ups....i agree there email response isnt the best but i figure they may be busy i emailed them from there site on sat..no reply to date....

Just got mine Friday. All I have to say is the finish on these rifles are amazing. Magpul pop up sights, and the attention to detail ie logos and writing is great. Pics to follow once I get enough posts here to share pics.

Just got mine Friday. All I have to say is the finish on these rifles are amazing. Magpul pop up sights, and the attention to detail ie logos and writing is great. Pics to follow once I get enough posts here to share pics.

040.jpg

039.jpg

035.jpg

037.jpg

031.jpg

030.jpg

027.jpg

022.jpg

026.jpg

I agree they are great lowers and uppers(severe understatement) and deserve to be kept as a set.

DSC00366.jpg

That's SICK!!!

Good looking rifle. The receivers look outstanding!!. When I first saw them (years ago) I had to have a set. So far, they're still sitting in my safe in the middle of boxes of odd parts that, with any luck, will morph into a 11.5" SBR someday.

Hey guys I'm new to the forum here... I didn't see a particular "noobs introduction thread" anywhere, so if I need to do that, please direct me.

Anyways, I am definitely going to be building my personal/shop demo SBR using BRO. I will be getting in touch with the guys over at BRO soon to get an account set up! :thumb:

hi all. I am a long time reader, first time post. I really like this site. A Lot of knowledgeable people. I'd like to share a problem I have with my BRO. When I joined this forum, I too was very impressed with the BRO. So I got in on the group buy.( upper/ lower, charge handle and dust cover).I love the look of this thing. Th problem is the fit on the front take down pin is really loose, so when its together it wiggles, Its not as tight as some of the cheaper AR's I have. I called Black Rain Ordnance and spoke with Sam and he gave me some spec measurements and it seems to be in spec, but still wiggles. When its together I have .007 of an inch between the upper and lower side to side movement. the pin seems to be a good fit. Anybody have this problem or know how to fix. I could make .003 spacers(one on each side) but I don't think I want shims on my best of the best rifle. Any suggestions.