AR15Armory.com

Okay..I gotta ask

Sgtar15

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 42 and my libido has dropped. But, my wife is undergoing cancer treatment and that's not too sexy. (She's doing fine, by the way. :thumb:)

So, no biggie, I just take up other hobbies like guns and reloading, participating on the Armory forum and play a little XBOX since I haven't been getting any SEXBOX. :laugh:

Locking the door SOUNDS good... but with 4 special-needs children (Autism) - all UNDER the age of 9, in the house - it STILL ain't happenin'

Long days at work for me, and long days for mommy stuck at home - even with school starting up - make for short evenings! It's LONG days with a house full of wrap-around service professionals working with the kids EVERY afternoon, into the evening, too. She unwinds by gardening - I unwind by BS'ing on gunboards - and then we go to sleep. Sleep is prized above all.

My drive gave out a year ago, and while neither of us is complaining (wife has never really cared for sex, quite frankly), it is what it is. I feel for folks who would LIKE to have more, and are likewise in difficult places in life. I think society in general, and marketing in particular, puts a LOT of pressure on guys, to always perform like you were 18 again. :rolleyes: They also put a lot of pressure on you to be in debt/hock up to your eyeballs too, but we ignore THOSE ad campaigns as well. :wink:

In some ways, we're probably lucky, in that sex is the same priority for BOTH of us right now - non-existent. We have at LEAST 4, more pressing concerns, to deal with anyways.

Edited by The War Wagon

Age: 29. Sex was never important to me. I don't date. I stopped dating in college, decided to try again a few years ago and realized why I stopped dating after a month in a relationship. So I'm back to being single and happy about it. Yes, aside from clergy, I am the oldest living virgin. And I'm cool with that. I don't have time for the drama or anything else involved in a relationship.

Stress. stress and stress. Whether it is financial, social or personal, stress is a killer of libido. Me and my wife just quit our jobs, sold the house and properties, bought an RV and are currently sitting in Teslin, Yukon Territory on the way to our new adventures in Oregon (we are from Juneau, Alaska). She worked a high stress job in the legal field, I owned two businesses and we were STRESSED! On top of that, we both did volunteer search and rescue (we have a rescue dog named Guinness Frasier Stout), I was in EMS and Fire service as a volunteer for 10 plus years....why were we stressed?!? I noticed a few years back that the "spark" picked up when we were able to fly south for a game or shopping trip......well, time to make it a little more permanent. I'll let you know how well it works!

Stress. stress and stress. Whether it is financial, social or personal, stress is a killer of libido. Me and my wife just quit our jobs, sold the house and properties, bought an RV and are currently sitting in Teslin, Yukon Territory on the way to our new adventures in Oregon (we are from Juneau, Alaska). She worked a high stress job in the legal field, I owned two businesses and we were STRESSED! On top of that, we both did volunteer search and rescue (we have a rescue dog named Guinness Frasier Stout), I was in EMS and Fire service as a volunteer for 10 plus years....why were we stressed?!? I noticed a few years back that the "spark" picked up when we were able to fly south for a game or shopping trip......well, time to make it a little more permanent. I'll let you know how well it works!

Wow, very nice. I hope you and the wife get to enjoy your "new" life together. Good luck and God speed. Please keep us updated and pics.

Haha! I can't believe I'm actually going to answer this... :hotshot:

It is almost #1 on my list of wants and desires. :oh yea: I'm getting too old, 39 :ohmy: and still not married, no kids, or had any in a LONG time so for me it would be exciting and new. :bc: BUT, I want a high caliber man who is mature and stable in mind and spirit :tiphat: - so it appears I may die a slow and lonely death... :bill:

There is still hope, HotShot. My uncle got married for the first time a couple years ago at the age of 45!

I am 24 and gets mine but. I could live with out it. I mean come on look a all the crap that goes along with sex.

YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!

Age: 29. Sex was never important to me. I don't date. I stopped dating in college, decided to try again a few years ago and realized why I stopped dating after a month in a relationship. So I'm back to being single and happy about it. Yes, aside from clergy, I am the oldest living virgin. And I'm cool with that. I don't have time for the drama or anything else involved in a relationship.

Nothing wrong with that. I had a friend who had the same exact outlook and was about the same age as you. One day, out of the blue, she hit me with, "I want to lose my virginity and I want you to take it". WOW, what do you say to that? OK I am a guy I said yes. I wasn't involved at the time. I am happy to report she did not decide to be a lesbian afterward. In fact she turned into a sex maniac, wanting it 2 or 3 times a day. Last I heard from her she was living in Texas and thinking about getting married and having a kid, she was a good friend but neither of us loved each other beyond that.

Know what you are talking about. When I retired and started sleeping in my bed at night and being home every day the Mrs and I had a great honeymoon (after being married 10 years) but after about 6 months it ran out & we had to learn how to live togeather all over again as I was home instead of being gone 3-6 days at a time every week & 6+ months a year..........

Good luck & hopefully everything works out & the mattress holds up..... :lol: :lol:

Where in Oregon are you headed?