Sign in to follow this  
Valkyrie1911

Outdoor ranges?

Ok, so I've been shooting handguns for a long time. Just got my AR, so I'm looking for a good outdoor range. The ones that I've found are all far away, not that I dont mind driving, but they're all like 50-100yrds. The longest I found was 300yrds and I have no clue where its at. Anyone know of a good outdoor rifle range near Columbus?

Ok, so I've been shooting handguns for a long time. Just got my AR, so I'm looking for a good outdoor range. The ones that I've found are all far away, not that I dont mind driving, but they're all like 50-100yrds. The longest I found was 300yrds and I have no clue where its at. Anyone know of a good outdoor rifle range near Columbus?

Go Buck's. as far as outdoors there realy is not much near us (columbus) Dillion state park, Newark .. it is north of Zansville and there is one in zanesville Brehr Rabbit ( not sure on the spelling) both of those have 100 yards, Deer creek State park LOTS of range personnel...

what is the name of the 300 yard place ?

How far are you willing to drive?

2 hours?

www.ccfsa.com

Great place to be a member and a great facility. Let me know if you would like to come down and shoot one day. I can take up to two guest for the day.

Big Darby Creek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How far are you willing to drive?

2 hours?

www.ccfsa.com

Great place to be a member and a great facility. Let me know if you would like to come down and shoot one day. I can take up to two guest for the day.

OD45,

Does the range in Wilmington take new members?

I would like to check it out sometime.

and I still need to take one of your CCW classes.

email me

thanks

Aslan

tpennington@go-concepts.com

OD45,

Does the range in Wilmington take new members?

I would like to check it out sometime.

and I still need to take one of your CCW classes.

email me

thanks

Aslan

tpennington@go-concepts.com

Yes, they do. Just need a member to sign your application. More than willing to do it for you.

Yes, they do. Just need a member to sign your application. More than willing to do it for you.

I'll get the application online and after payday in a few weeks, I'll get ahold of you.

Thanks sir

Wow I compleletly forgot I posted this. I'll have to check on that 300yrd range, I think it was llike 2.5 hours or so, could be wrong.

There are two ODNR ranges around half an hour from Columbus. Delaware to the north and Deer Creek to the south. Both max out at 100 yards. After the holidays I may pay a visit to the Darby creek range.

Here we go guys, here's a list of ranges in Ohio. The Thunder Valley Rifle Club, is home to Ohio's ONLY 1000yrd range....I'm going there once I get me a bolt gun...

Not really all that close probably bout an hour away depending where at in Cbus you are but Spring valley is a nice range too. If you have the state park year long shooting pass its free. They have very nice setup 25, 50, 100 yard ranges.

Thunder valley, and Raynors range are both nice places to shoot. Google them, and you will find they are both with in 2-3 hours of Columbus. Both have different arrangements, but have targets in excess of 1000yds, all the way down to 100yds.

Thunder Valley Precision will ruin you for any other range you ever shoot at.

Sean

logan county fish and game in bellefontaine has up to 300yrd range. cost is 35.00 per year. do a search they do have a web site.

about 45 minutes north west of columbus about half a mile north of 33 on route 68.

there are no range fees only thing about shooting is range is closed if they have a event going on like sporting clays...

if you want pm me and ill give you my number so you can call me and ask questions. or want to slide in on a guest pass to check it out.

down side is as a member you can only take 1 guest 1 time... this means the same guest.

Edited by was123