AR15Armory.com

Inspire is MIA - Anyone...

HotShot

Inspire,

I'm on my forum with a Bacardi Jim and he is dogging gun ownership... I am fighting with him and it's going to get nasty if he hasn't chickened out... Hahaha!

Here is his post...

I still think owning a handgun is the single most irresponsible and stupid thing you can do as an American. When you know going in before you buy one that that handgun is statistically twenty times more likely to end up being used against you, someone you love, or an innocent stranger than it is to be used to protect yourself no matter how careful and responsible a gun owner you are, then buying one amounts to criminal negligence.

Still happy to see me?

Arrgh, I am letting him have it. I'll see how long I can tolerate him before I BAN HIM!!! Anyone else want to have fun? Hahaha

Edited by HotShot

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell him to provide the source for his statistics. In actuality, handguns are used on average 20,000 times a year to prevent crimes. His statistic is based on crimes completed which is a biased statistic created by the gun grabbers. Many incidents of guns used in defense preventing a crime from being committed are never reported. I myself have had 3 such occasions.

And, what is YOUR forum? link it because I would like to check it out. Also, gonna be in your area late this weekend. Going to Tracy City and probably work my way down to Salinas or King City from there.

Inspire,

I'm on my forum with a Bacardi Jim and he is dogging gun ownership... I am fighting with him and it's going to get nasty if he hasn't chickened out... Hahaha!

Here is his post...

I still think owning a handgun is the single most irresponsible and stupid thing you can do as an American. When you know going in before you buy one that that handgun is statistically twenty times more likely to end up being used against you, someone you love, or an innocent stranger than it is to be used to protect yourself no matter how careful and responsible a gun owner you are, then buying one amounts to criminal negligence.

Still happy to see me?

Arrgh, I am letting him have it. I'll see how long I can tolerate him before I BAN HIM!!! Anyone else want to have fun? Hahaha

Yeah, give him this nutkick :legs: for me :thumb:

Those statistics DO NOT include the deterrent factor (drawing a gun but not having to shoot). Like Chris, I alone can account for at least two cases, plus 4 others when just making it known that I was armed (not even having to draw) did the trick.

He can have whatever opinion he wants. If he thinks it's stupid, then that's perfectly OK, so long as he doesn't try to force that opinion on anyone.

The 2A IS NOT there primarily for SD against common criminals. It's there for defense against the government.

Make sure he watches these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbSJx7riZ5E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhmMSwqS_sw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIJjIAqxNNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDuMPV1lvSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDF62GmnYCc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmcZcU7YZh8

Finally, don't ban him unless he breaks the rules. Banning someone on grounds of a social/political disagreement are an act of intellectual defeat. On average, women are usually smarter then men. Your gender alone gives you a great advantage to outsmart this guy. Once he is either picking out tiny pointless details to support his ideal or just giving you a lip without any grounded argument, then terminate the conversation. At that point, he is no longer capable of being reasoned with and probably best left alone to work things out on his own.

Edited by brigadier

This is what I wrote him back... he hasn't replied yet since he said goodbye... I told him Jeeze, he gives up too easily... Haha....(he is a drinker so the said mention of the alcohol is relevent here)

Hahaha, of course I am happy! I am laughing too.

Even though this is a book forum... not everyone agrees with viewpoints on societal issues.

Who made the statistics being quoted? (I don't believe everything I read)

IF true, THAT statistic is for handguns. What about a rifle, carbine or shotgun? Have they done statistics on those?

And trust me; No One will get my gun from my hands... only a bullet if they are in my house to harm me.

Also, if you criminalize gun ownership than only criminals will have guns.

My police department (and Government rights) begs to differ with buying guns and it being criminal negligence. Only negligent criminals are to blame for murders.

Also IF those statistics are true than 80% of the time the right person got what they deserved. I would sure want to be in that percentile than the lesser.

All I know is: if an intruder came into someone's home to harm them with a gun I would rather see that homeowner able to fight back equally than to take a knife to a gunfight.

What would you do if you had a crazed, drug-induced intruder in your home that was hell-bent on harming you or your family?

Also, more people have died in car accidents from drunk drivers than gunshots - do we criminalize alcohol? I say it is up to the responsible drinker, gun owner, knife owner, baseball bat owner to keep alleged said items innocent. Even pencils are used in prisons to murder others, and that is some ugly hamburger mess that comes out of that.

Have you ever had a brother in law's home get invaded with knife-in-hand assailants and they died (I'm sure a traumatic death) from fighting off his attackers until his arms were covered in bloody slashes and they bled to death? I would have given anything if he had a gun to protect himself with.

So guns are not a main issue with how a person dies when a criminal comes after them. It is the only means to have a chance to come out alive by.

Of course this is just a humble girl's own opinion who has seem more hell in her life than some people have seen in war. I will NOT be a victim.

Have you ever had a brother in law's home get invaded with knife-in-hand assailants and they died (I'm sure a traumatic death) from fighting off his attackers until his arms were covered in bloody slashes and they bled to death? I would have given anything if he had a gun to protect himself with.

there is nothing cool about that

there is nothing cool about that

No there isn't. That is why we all need to be armed and protect our ownselves. NO ONE will do it for us. I am all for children knowing how to protect themselves in their own home as well. Wives should have gun knowledge to protect the home while the husband is working. There is ugliness out there.

Tell him to provide the source for his statistics. In actuality, handguns are used on average 20,000 times a year to prevent crimes. His statistic is based on crimes completed which is a biased statistic created by the gun grabbers. Many incidents of guns used in defense preventing a crime from being committed are never reported. I myself have had 3 such occasions.

Yup, reliable sources on this subject are sometimes difficult to find. Most are not empirical studies, with the majority having an unfair agenda fueling the research.

Finally, don't ban him unless he breaks the rules. Banning someone on grounds of a social/political disagreement are an act of intellectual defeat. On average, women are usually smarter then men. Your gender alone gives you a great advantage to outsmart this guy. Once he is either picking out tiny pointless details to support his ideal or just giving you a lip without any grounded argument, then terminate the conversation. At that point, he is no longer capable of being reasoned with and probably best left alone to work things out on his own.

Yeah, I hate how the owner bans certain people!!! :wink:

He's already broken rules, he is attacking me personally with this because he knows I am for guns. This is personaly towards me and it's mine and his fight. It started last November on another forum when he referred to our Military as Nazi's - whoa, did I let him have it... I guess he's drunk and found my site... :dontknow: