Sign in to follow this  
remat457

Fusion and 10mm popularity

Bob Serva is great! The man revived the 10mm by producing the "original 150 pistol run" of the Dan Wesson Razorback in 2003. When Bob sold Dan Wesson to CZ, he introduced the world to Fusion Arms. From the beginning, Bob wanted everything to be the best available, yet remain affordable. He accomplished his task with connsumate expertise and skill. Since the Razorback put him (and Dan Wesson) on the map, it was only natural that his attentions would be focused on a cartridge that he dearly loved from the beginning... the 10mm Automatic Pistol Cartridge!

Go figure.

Scott

I've always considered Bob Serva's outfit a "better deal". Mainly because Les Baer, Ed Brown, Wilson, and Nighthawk concentrate only on the .45 ACP. Plus, he uses the best parts, bar none, in the industry. Further, it seems that both Baer and Brown have a "stated" repugnance for the caliber, or building custom guns to platform it. Bob doesn't suffer this short-sightedness, he will gladly build a gun in either loading to suit the customer. The "customer is king" not a bad philosophy for doing business. If more manufacturers adhered to this policy, better products and service would result everywhere.

I too think the Fusion's are well made guns, and find it disappointing that other semi-custom shops don't give the 10mm it's due.

That said, Wilson does list many of their guns in 10mm. I know their sales volumes don't reflect this, but they do list them.

I would still take a Fusion or Dan Wesson first though.

Edited by sqlbullet

Probably the nicest 10mm I've ever had was a Les Baer. Why the man has such a distaste for it now beyond reason remains a mystery.

However, I thought that 10mm was a regular listing for Ed Brown. Zephyr, why do you state that he too, doesn't like 10's?

Sam

I would sell one of my many AR's to get a Fusion in 10mm! :oh yea: :nt:

Here is their stock $1295 model:

jkscout9mmls2.jpg

I love my Fusion. Bob's a stand up guy!!

I've ordered some part from Fusion and been very satisfied. Let me tell you the story of why my next 1911 will be from Fusion and Bob Serva.

I had a pre-CZ Dan Wesson Pointman 7 10mm that had a problem with the pinned on rear sight coming off due to a broken pin.

Trying to find a permanent solution I sent identical descriptions of the problem to both CZ/Dan Wesson and to Fusion Firearms.

The next day I received a response from Bob Serva with some options and a price for repair based off what I selected from the options.

Two weeks after that I received a response from Dan Wesson which quoted me their hourly labor rate and shipping address, nothing else.

I elected to sell the pistol as is, with full disclosure of the problem, to someone else. But I did make a mental note.... that being the next 1911 I buy is coming from Fusion.

I have a Fusion in 10mm sitting on my bench.I will be test firing it this Friday.If all goes well I will take it apart and finish it and hopefully get the pictures posted by Sunday.

Here's my Fusion Scout Elite from Bob in 10mm with yellow ajustable bomar sights.....This thing is the BOMB!!! :nt: And as everyone has said he's a super nice guy.....When you call he's the guy you talk to. TOP QUALITY, for the money they can't be beat :beerchug:

D2X_0003-1.jpg

Thanks to OP for opening this thread. Garage will now be emptied of surplus cycle parts for a new Fusion in 10mm. Dynomite. I'm excited.

:thumb:

I would sell one of my many AR's to get a Fusion in 10mm! :oh yea: :nt:

Here is their stock $1295 model:

jkscout9mmls2.jpg

That's the gun I own, the 'Traditional Hunter.' My most accurate gun &

a real work of art. Also, Bob Serva is the most customer friendly guy

I've ever bought from in the gun business. You can't go wrong with a

Fusion.

That's the gun I own, the 'Traditional Hunter.' My most accurate gun &

a real work of art. Also, Bob Serva is the most customer friendly guy

I've ever bought from in the gun business. You can't go wrong with a

Fusion.

BTW, your particular Fusion is perhaps the coolest, nicest looking varant on the 10mm longslide pistol I've EVER seen.... WOW. Simply stunning. Its pretty close to what I have on order with them.

Not to hijack this thread, but what kind of accuracy do you get at long range?