AR15Armory.com

suicide watch

bonedry36

If he's telling you this it's because he is pleading to you for help. I would take Rampy and all others' advice to get him help because right now he can't even help himself.

Prayers said tonight for him, and for you, to make the right decision and quickly!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get him help now! The problem is he is talking about it so that means he is starting to plan it.

When I was working on my degree one of the prof in the psychology depts son off himself. Well the prof was one of my favorites in the behavioral psychology classes cool stuff. Well rather than take time off he broke down suicide. (20 years is a long time)

Usually the perp (I can not think of them as victims any longer because of the case studies) is striking out against someone (in your friends case society more the likely) that has done the some real or perceived injury.

In your friends case he is seeing what we are all seeing nothing but unending gloom and doom. So seeing he is screwed like the rest of the world at this time maybe he should just punch out.

He needs help. I know from the crap I see in the cab it is bad here and getting worse. The rest of the nation is starting to spin with us so a lot of people are scared depressed and just want to run.

In this order:

1.) Talk to him

2.) Call LEO

Personally, I have no sympathy for someone who actually carries through with suicide.

Sorry same here. Most of them are saying "So you hurt me. So there."

Very selfish and childish out.

Edited by pzkwV424

We lost a neighbor's kid just a few years ago to this & I'm certain I was the last person to see him alive & could not believe that he was capable of this. I wished that I knew him better so I could help. Back in high school we lost a student at a school for troubled kids, ADD & stuff like that. Back then they had no way to help that much other than counsel us. To me it is vary selfish to do this, or I'm just stronger than most. I've been through the ringer a lot. but I'm still here & have no plans to go. You did what was best & it was the right thing to do. You've come to a great forum, you are now part of a family that will be here if you need us.

Sorry same here. Most of them are saying "So you hurt me. So there."

Very selfish and childish out.

Most the time.

My mother and step father did it, because of cancer and MS. Didn't want to spend their last couple years in pain/hospitals. So they cashed out, and lived their life for a year.

To the OP, seek help by professionals. Your friend will thank you later on down the road when they are better. But they will hate you the momemnt you seek help.

I went thru a VERY similar situation.

After months of trying to "help the guy" I finally got tired od his BS and told him that if he was gonna do it then hurry the fuzz up and do it, or STFU cause I was tired of hearing all about his "problems".

Causes the truth is this: People that do really want to kill themselves just do it and never say a word. The people that TALK about it or "attempt it"(poorly I might add) just freaking want attention.

And that's the TRUTH!

After months of trying to "help the guy" I finally got tired od his BS and told him that if he was gonna do it then hurry the fuzz up and do it, or STFU cause I was tired of hearing all about his "problems".

Causes the truth is this: People that do really want to kill themselves just do it and never say a word. The people that TALK about it or "attempt it"(poorly I might add) just freaking want attention.

And that's the TRUTH!

That's a cry for help. Not granted most the time, it's just for attention..though if they don't GET attention, it leads to more drastic measures. No one likes to go unheard, so if no one listens, create more drama which could lead to death.

And that's the TRUTH!

Once again you do not know what you speak of and are 100% wrong.....

Ok I'm stuck on what to do. My friend is continually bringing up suicide, says that he is going to do it, the ways stuff like that. I know he has a screw loose but am I wrong to tell him not to do it. It’s not that cry for help or I want attention cr*p. this is the third time I have been put in this spot, it never has ended well with the last 2. If I tell other where it may get back to him I think he will do it for sure. I am trying to get his mind off of it. Try to take him fishing or ridding but it’s not doing the trick. This last part is hard to word but here it goes, I carry everywhere could he try to attack me to try to get me to do it for him? I don’t think he would do it but what if? He looks to me like a son, if I distance myself from him it will end badly. Any advice?????

yo bud, get him some help stat.

Once again you do not know what you speak of and are 100% wrong.....

I agree with Rampy on this one. Suicide isn't something to be taken lightly. People are not trying to be selfish, in fact in their mind its quite the opposite most of the time. People don't think "I'm going to be selfish, time to shoot myself." It just doesn't work that way. The mind is a complicated thing and it cannot be simplified quite this easily.

Dude is talking about suicide because he feels he has nothing to live for. Make him realize there are more important things in life than finances. Let him know how much he means to you as a friend and how much would not want him to do something like this. And ofcourse as everyone said, let the pros do what they do best. You don't want to run the risk of not saying anything at all and then him killing himself. I know that would make me feel guilty. I'd have to know that i atleast tried to save my friend from himself.