AR15Armory.com

When did FAT become sexy?

KENNYOHIOHUNTER

First I have to say that I do not intend on offending anyone with this thread in any way shape or form this is just a subject that I have been thinking about lately. I do not feel that I am better then anybody else because I try to keep fit this is just something I have been wondering about.

If the staff here feels like this is not an accetable subject then feel free to delete this.

I must be missing something in regards to the younger generation.

To give you an idea of what I am getting at I will turn 40 this coming February.

In my youth I can remember any person that was overweight tried to hide the fact by wearing clothing that would help to cover it up and make them appear to be not as large as they realy were.

In fact being healthy and bodily physical fitness was promoted in schools and and in magazines. I can remember seeing pictures of Charles Atlas and Marilyn Monroe and thinking that everyone strived to look like these people.

Today somehow peoples standards have changed dramaticly and in my opinion it is for the worse. A pair of younger girls (early 20's) just dropped off their car for us to fix and both were overweight. I am not referring to 'baby fat' I mean these young ladies were grossly/ tremendously large. They were wearing skin tight jeans and shirts that were way to small for someone their size and had quite a bit of skin and body material hanging out all over the place. I think one of them had a belly ring peircing and was attempting to show it off but I did my best not to look. Personaly I found it to be un-flattering.

I think that obesity is on the verge of becoming a major issue in our country if it isn't already and it is very evident when I attend my childrens school functions. I do not remember seeing kids so out of shape when I was in school.

When did this become socially acceptable in America? What is your opinion?

Again I mean no offense to anyone.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i call it stuffing 10 pounds of tatters in a 5 pound sack.

its a huge problem helped along by the lefties. a fat population is a unhealthy one, now you can understand the big push for socialized medicine from the libs.

-why is it there is not physical contact allowed at school ie touch tag, king of the hill (snow folks know what it is) etc.

-why has physical education become optional

-why do they serve junk food at school cafeteria's

-why is it that peanut butter is banned (fatties with allergy's can't keep their paws of others grub)

if you want the answers i'll tell you the truth, it'll be painful.

fwiw, it seems to be extremes in some cases, some are obese, some are like rails. the vast majority are unfit.

could it be, the left want to weaken the people so much that pretty soon we'll be spoon fed unarmed drones.

What about the other end of the spectrum, When looking anorexic( so skinny you can count ribs and see hip bones) become sexy? We see these actress/model types, and say "she must have an eating dis-order", my guess is they have a cocaine dis-order. All women should look like Selma Hayek, remember the snake dance from "From Dusk to Dawn" :nt: Kenny, the reason you saw what you did, is because there is no fashion police. Hope your eyes recovered :thumb:

i went down to the pool yesterday. there's a girl swimming, cute face, i smile at her. she gets out a little later and the water level drops back noticeably. aaaaahhhhhh!!!!!! (if we had a smiley for gouging one's eyes out with a spoon, i'd put it here) i don't like stick figure thin, and i don't mind a little extra, but i'd like to see some indication of self control.

i went down to the pool yesterday. there's a girl swimming, cute face, i smile at her. she gets out a little later and the water level drops back noticeably. aaaaahhhhhh!!!!!! (if we had a smiley for gouging one's eyes out with a spoon, i'd put it here) i don't like stick figure thin, and i don't mind a little extra, but i'd like to see some indication of self control.

Very well stated, and I believe that holds true for men and women.

My 2nd job is cooking. Last weekend we did 20 legs of lamb and close to 1,000 chickens all are done over a wood fire rotisserie style which for what it is-is quite healthy. i noticed at the festival we were working that the lines of people lined up for fried dough and corn dogs were full of rather large individuals and the highest percentage of people at our stand were quite healthy looking.

Just an observation.

An you return to that comment. haha. Trust me there is fat on my body, you havent seen me in a while!

I'm here often. I just post rarely. And it hasn't been that long. Everyone has fat on their body. Except Ally mcbeal. And she is just gross. But that doesn't make you fat.

Shut up. You don't have any fat

I agree 100%!!!!

I am reffering to people who are literaly larger then life.

I am meaning people who are enormous compared to others, heck my wife even tells me I need to trim my love handles from time to time, again I am not saying that I am perfect in any way shape or form but some of the people I see lately are absolutely huge. I do not know how they can even tie a pair of shoes.