AR15Armory.com

When did FAT become sexy?

KENNYOHIOHUNTER

Mall%20Cop%20pic.jpg

That movie did have it's funny moments but like John Candy and some other actors it portrays that being overweight is not all that bad by making light of it.

My biggest concern is the kids. Children learn from us adults and I have noticed that at school functions the parents who are large typicaly have large kids, that is not a good thing.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walking is a great way to spend time with the family and burn calories. Usualy this time of year we walk in the mornings before the kids go to school and my wife and I walk after we get the kitchen cleaned up after dinner.

Curves are nice in the right place. :thumb:

going to the park is a great way to burn off the lbs as well.

To answer the question...fat is not sexy at least to me and people who accept or rather flaunt it are in for a rude awakening one day.

First off, I am fat...no getting around it or denying it. I like to joke and say that it is just evolution for living in the cold...but it is no joke. My wife and oldest daughter have been watching what I eat and constantly have been trying to get me out to do things.

I do not get offended when other talk about fat people of obese people, but it does make me feel uncomfortable to a degree. I sure the hell hope I am not judged on who I am because of my weight.

I am active, play Basketball up to 3 times a week, go hunting, fish and I can feel the weight during these times, especially in my knees. I will lose the weight and keep it off, it is just too dangerous not to, my cousin passed from a massive Heart Attack this passed summer. He was significantly bigger than I. I would like to live a long time for my children, so this is incentive enough to lose the weight.

I will add that I do feel healthier than when I smoked even if I was a lot lighter.

My side of the family is on the heavier side, so I do believe that Genetics has a large role in weight.

I have short hair, not quite bald, but have had it shaved, have had a goatee and have numerous tattoos...poser? I am not and have never pretended to be someone I am not, whether I am fat, "normal" or skinny.

Edited by jchtrh

I can remember seeing pictures of Charles Atlas and Marilyn Monroe and thinking that everyone strived to look like these people.

Marilyn Monroe was a size 10 not a size 16 contrary to what most women say to justify their own weight issues. When i dont work out i feel really sh*tty, emotionally and physically.

OK so these girls that wear tight clothes and have mass amounts of flab or way too much "junk in the trunk" Look they obviously are getting attention from the opposite sex. Some guys must like it??? im assuming only because they got kids in dirty diapers running around them. I dont agree with it, i think its a horrible sight to see these girls all obese and proud of it.

But men have been fat and lazy for a long time and its never been as big of an issue as women being big and it being a bigger "trend" now. Due to capitalism and the Health Industry and government working together to fatten us all up and to make us sick so that we spend $$$$$ to get better... or to get worse.

Lap Band surgery (stomach shrinking procedure) here in "health concious" Southern California is an outpatient procedure that they have up on bill boards on all major freeways and highways, commercials on most major TV broadcast stations. Its like the new fad just eat all the horrible food u want get as fat as a pool and pay 3000 dollars and they will take it all away. Its disgusting how so many people are cashing in on this.

I have a shaved head and a goatee.

I must be a poser :rolleyes:

Did not intend to offend anyone. :unsure: It was a reference to an attitude not a look per se. I was just referring to some in Wyoming that look like that and walk around like the the toughest SOB in town, I know you have seen the type. Most true badasses I've known don't feel the need to advertise. :)

Did not intend to offend anyone. :unsure: It was a reference to an attitude not a look per se. I was just referring to some in Wyoming that look like that and walk around like the the toughest SOB in town, I know you have seen the type. Most true badasses I've known don't feel the need to advertise. :)

As long as Vermonters are exempt from your generalization, i forgive you. :whistling:

That is what I was saying as well. My kids dad is bald and is a husky guy with a little hair on his face to make him look tough. He tries to look like Chuck Liddell. He walks around and pushes people buttons like he is the badest Mother Trucker in town. He has several tats on his arms and legs. And just get a thrill when people are scared of him.

I also did not intend to offend anyone I was just stating that I know people that act this way.

That is what I was saying as well. My kids dad is bald and is a husky guy with a little hair on his face to make him look tough. He tries to look like Chuck Liddell. He walks around and pushes people buttons like he is the badest Mother Trucker in town. He has several tats on his arms and legs. And just get a thrill when people are scared of him.

I also did not intend to offend anyone I was just stating that I know people that act this way.

Guys like that do not flourish around here.

As long as Vermonters are exempt from your generalization, i forgive you. :whistling:

Vermonters, heck that is a whole different thread subject there!!! :laugh:

Well this shed a little light on the subject for me.

The ladies just picked up their car. I have no doubt that they are a "couple". One has long hair and the other girl has realy short hair. They were actualy arguing at my sales counter like a pair of missfit lovers. The short haired 'woman' seemed to upset that her girl was challanging her authority on how the bill was to be paid. Kind of like an overbearing husband would do to a subserviant wife.Thats another story altogether and one that I do not wish to discuss at anytime.

That is a rude awakening for me, I guess I just took for granted that girls who like girls all look like super models or Playboy Bunnies or something. This is most defintely not the case with these 2 ladies. Now i can see why they don't care what other people might be thinking, they are off somewhere in their own little world.

Different strokes for different folks I guess???