AR15Armory.com

When did FAT become sexy?

KENNYOHIOHUNTER

As long as Vermonters are exempt from your generalization, i forgive you. :whistling:

I have nothing against Vermont, it's the only one of the original 13 that hasn't become a left wing nut house. The only place on the east coast I would care to live. My ancestor John Adams is spinning in his grave!! :sad:

I find it odd that the birthplace of the revolution, Mass., where gun confiscation was the final straw is so anti-freedom.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have nothing against Vermont, it's the only one of the original 13 that hasn't become a left wing nut house. The only place on the east coast I would care to live. My ancestor John Adams is spinning in his grave!! :sad:

I find it odd that the birthplace of the revolution, Mass., where gun confiscation was the final straw is so anti-freedom.

we're related. :laugh:

VT is definitely a liberal state....we just have good gun laws and a very clearly worded state Constitution.

Vermonters, heck that is a whole different thread subject there!!! :laugh:

Well this shed a little light on the subject for me.

The ladies just picked up their car. I have no doubt that they are a "couple". One has long hair and the other girl has realy short hair. They were actualy arguing at my sales counter like a pair of missfit lovers. The short haired 'woman' seemed to upset that her girl was challanging her authority on how the bill was to be paid. Kind of like an overbearing husband would do to a subserviant wife.Thats another story altogether and one that I do not wish to discuss at anytime.

That is a rude awakening for me, I guess I just took for granted that girls who like girls all look like super models or Playboy Bunnies or something. This is most defintely not the case with these 2 ladies. Now i can see why they don't care what other people might be thinking, they are off somewhere in their own little world.

Different strokes for different folks I guess???

I have to comment on this. I by no means like women in a naughty way. But when I see a chick that is hot I will say something. And I know alot of women that are into other women and I just started thinking most of them are bigger then they should be. One of my close friends is about 80 or 90 lbs overweight she usually wears t shirts but sometimes she will have a tank top on and if she looks bad I will tell her. Maybe some people just need a butthole like me around to say are you really going out in that. OR maybe the support they were getting from their friend turned into more then that. Over time the weight did not matter it was what was on the inside that counted.

We have a frequent flier in town, lives in a trailer, is on disability and weighs 600 lbs. Last spring we got called because he was feeling sick. He was in the bedroom of the trailer, we had to cut a 6'x6' hole in the side of the trailer to get him out. We now take him ot of the trailer every couple of weeks not feeling well. It is always an All Hands call as it takes a minimum of 10 people to move him safely. My beef with this situation is the guy can't even get out of bed to pee let alone get to the kitchen to get something to eat. His wife feeds him non-stop. It is abuse plain and simple. Same as people who eat themselves to obesity, they are abusing themselves, for what only they know.

Perhaps this will answer that question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRgAgJJY2B0

BRIGADIER!!! How did you find that video of me! It's supposed to be a secret!

I agree, I like curves on a woman, but I dont understand fat people.

Just eat less and walk more lard asses :smartass:

SARGE!!! Talk about me just because I came to your house for dinner and ate all your food! :ohmy:

I like my fat. I can almost use it as a hula-hoop j/k

Cool! Can't wait for dinner! Didn't know we'd be playing hula-hoop later though! :thumb:

First off, I am fat...no getting around it or denying it.

I do not get offended when other talk about fat people of obese people, but it does make me feel uncomfortable to a degree. I sure the hell hope I am not judged on who I am because of my weight.

I have short hair, not quite bald, but have had it shaved, have had a goatee and have numerous tattoos...poser? I am not and have never pretended to be someone I am not, whether I am fat, "normal" or skinny.

To me I don't care if someone has fat on them, what's the big deal about it? People are people and I accept everyone for what they are inside and I try not to JUDGE anyone on their outter appearance. We can't help what bodies and looks that we were born with, it's all God's (if you so believe) choice on what 'container' we were given to live our lives on Earth in. What we do with those containers is up to us. When someone is Fat, or not your NORMAL looking run-of-the-mill person, than that shows they are dealing with issues that we know nothing about. Just as there are too fat of people, there are also too skinny. Again, people are people who are trying to deal with life's issues and how they cope with it is their business. If you don't like to look at the fat, then look away. If you don't like the skinny, then look away. No big deal. They are still people with feelings that get hurt. I am sure they judge themselves even harder than how you are judging them. This past month I have gained some weight and will be going to the gym to get back in shape. I don't want to be judged by being fat or being in shape - it's only a small reflection of who HotShot is. I am getting in shape for my sanity, and not for looks. And I like jiggle in my wiggle when I walk anyway so I won't ever be too skinny. And I would go out with a fat guy, doesn't make a big difference to me as long as he was a decent guy.

Now, what about druggies, drunks, smokers, tats and peircings, and anything else that isn't your NORMAL look? Do you also judge them in the same fashion as those that are FAT? Fat, tats and peircings just happen to show on the outside. There can be such (as you call) ugliness in anyone and you can't see it. Mass murderers come to mind and some of them are good looking.

We can't judge a book by it's cover.

We have a frequent flier in town, lives in a trailer, is on disability and weighs 600 lbs. Last spring we got called because he was feeling sick. He was in the bedroom of the trailer, we had to cut a 6'x6' hole in the side of the trailer to get him out. We now take him ot of the trailer every couple of weeks not feeling well. It is always an All Hands call as it takes a minimum of 10 people to move him safely. My beef with this situation is the guy can't even get out of bed to pee let alone get to the kitchen to get something to eat. His wife feeds him non-stop. It is abuse plain and simple. Same as people who eat themselves to obesity, they are abusing themselves, for what only they know.

I can understand having genetics or health issues like thyroid problems causing an issue with being overweight, heck I even carry a little bit of a beer belly from time to time, but to eat yourself into such a mess that you can't even get out of bed, thats just plain gluttony, period.

At least the guy you mention is at home not walking around half naked in full view of the public. What kind of image does that give our kids?

BRIGADIER!!! How did you find that video of me! It's supposed to be a secret!

SARGE!!! Talk about me just because I came to your house for dinner and ate all your food! :ohmy:

Cool! Can't wait for dinner! Didn't know we'd be playing hula-hoop later though! :thumb:

To me I don't care if someone has fat on them, what's the big deal about it? People are people and I accept everyone for what they are inside and I try not to JUDGE anyone on their outter appearance. We can't help what bodies and looks that we were born with, it's all God's (if you so believe) choice on what 'container' we were given to live our lives on Earth in. What we do with those containers is up to us. When someone is Fat, or not your NORMAL looking run-of-the-mill person, than that shows they are dealing with issues that we know nothing about. Just as there are too fat of people, there are also too skinny. Again, people are people who are trying to deal with life's issues and how they cope with it is their business. If you don't like to look at the fat, then look away. If you don't like the skinny, then look away. No big deal. They are still people with feelings that get hurt. I am sure they judge themselves even harder than how you are judging them. This past month I have gained some weight and will be going to the gym to get back in shape. I don't want to be judged by being fat or being in shape - it's only a small reflection of who HotShot is. I am getting in shape for my sanity, and not for looks. And I like jiggle in my wiggle when I walk anyway so I won't ever be too skinny. And I would go out with a fat guy, doesn't make a big difference to me as long as he was a decent guy.

Now, what about druggies, drunks, smokers, tats and peircings, and anything else that isn't your NORMAL look? Do you also judge them in the same fashion as those that are FAT? Fat, tats and peircings just happen to show on the outside. There can be such (as you call) ugliness in anyone and you can't see it. Mass murderers come to mind and some of them are good looking.

I judge people as soon as I see them. That is who I am. If I do not like you I tell you. If you do drugs great I dont care cause I dont do them and you wont make me. Drunks everyone has had a drink not a big deal. I smoke so that doesnt bother me. Tats and Peircings I love them some people dont. I dont judge people on their weight but on them and the connection I have with them I either have it or I dont. But I do have a limit on how big they are and how big I am. If I am not happy with my wieght how can someone else be happy with my weight?

:lol:

At the whole thread.

A shop I worked at we had a Haitian woman named Antoinet (misspelled). We used to eat lunch together ( fare sorry had to work) because she doesn't like some americans. Go figure. Well one night we sitting there sucking down Green Tea and munching salads and jerked chicken and talking. The scary thing she said "Harv the scary thing about America is I see fat poor people."

Edited by pzkwV424

I did not intend for this to sound judgemental, I am in no position to judge anyone and do not wish to be judged by anyone myself. I was just wondering how this type of thing came to be.

I realize that everyone is an individual and has a right to his or her own beliefs but in a lot of instances our own personal beliefs should be just that, personal, not flaunted or forced onto other peoples.

My wife's sister lives with my family. She also happens to be an extremely large person but she does not walk around strutting her body for everyone to see, she keeps it all to herself. She has a heart of gold and I would do anything in my power to help her in any way that I could.

I agree, do not judge a book by the cover. We are further ahead to never judge anyone anyway for anything.

I think you are right about people being hard on themselves, thats only human nature.

I judge people as soon as I see them. That is who I am. If I do not like you I tell you. If you do drugs great I dont care cause I dont do them and you wont make me. Drunks everyone has had a drink not a big deal. I smoke so that doesnt bother me. Tats and Peircings I love them some people dont. I dont judge people on their weight but on them and the connection I have with them I either have it or I dont. But I do have a limit on how big they are and how big I am. If I am not happy with my wieght how can someone else be happy with my weight?

I do judge them too as soon as I see someone - and I assess them. I want to get a feel for who they are and what they are about. But if I automatically have a judgement because of fat, tats, or their clothes style, I will quickly start working it out in my head so I will not offend anyone. I want all people to have a chance for me to get to know them without me making them feel uncomfortable with how I percieve them.

On the other hand I can tell when a heavy person is uncomfortable with themselves, or a tattoed or pierced person as well. They get uncomfortable around me and I can feel their anxiety. I had a next door neighbor who would never talk to me and avoided me. One day I went over to him to say hi and to welcome him to the neighborhood. After a while I could feel him relax. He told me he was so imtimidated because he was Mexican, a low-rider and all tattoed up. I told him I would never judge him or anyone by that. I look for a person's charactor. He was really shocked and we got to be good nieghbors. He since moved out but I am glad he had the chance to be comfortable around me instead of feeling he had to avoid me.

I am not happy with gaining this weight this month and I don't expect anyone else to be happy around me either until I am happy. I won't be happy until I work on getting it back off. I can see how we all judge others, that is part of life. I know I still have much growing to do as I strive to be an unjudgemental person.