When did FAT become sexy?

KENNYOHIOHUNTER

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is cracking me up! :lol:

Kudos, Kenny! You came up with a great thread. :thumb:

When I worked at the prison, the medical staff would evaluate inmates physical condition. In their charts, if an inmate was fat, the staff would record the inmate as being "well nourished." (That just kills me).

C'mon, who couldn't stand to lose a couple of pounds? I know I could. Unless you are in some serious cross training or you have the metabolism of a house fly (which a lot of younger people do), you need to have a better diet and you need to probably exercise (or exercise more). Once you hit your mid-30's to early 40's, it starts to get a lot harder to stay "fit". Your metabolism changes, you don't heal from injuries as well, you start to grow hair in funny places (oops, sorry, wrong thread), etc. When I was in my 20's and early 30's, I had impressive abs. Now, I still do, only their hidden behind a nice cushion, so they are not nearly as esthetically appealing. Considering the extent of my physical injuries, I am in good health. Could I be healthier? You bet. Do I have the discipline right now to do what it takes to make me look like the guys in the Bowflex commercials? No, not at the moment. I have the ability, I just don't have the motivation right now. But I am happy with who I am, the way I am, and I'm sure not making excuses about it. :thumbsup:

I am starting to (slowly) improve my diet as I get older. You kind of have to or your health really starts to circle the bowl. As much as I love it, I don't drink nearly as much Dr Pepper as I did 2 years ago. I absolutely LOVE bacon, but I have limited my consumption of that too. (Dammit).

I did not intend for this to sound judgemental, I am in no position to judge anyone and do not wish to be judged by anyone myself. I was just wondering how this type of thing came to be.

I realize that everyone is an individual and has a right to his or her own beliefs but in a lot of instances our own personal beliefs should be just that, personal, not flaunted or forced onto other peoples.

My wife's sister lives with my family. She also happens to be an extremely large person but she does not walk around strutting her body for everyone to see, she keeps it all to herself. She has a heart of gold and I would do anything in my power to help her in any way that I could.

I agree, do not judge a book by the cover. We are further ahead to never judge anyone anyway for anything.

I think you are right about people being hard on themselves, thats only human nature.

I'm sorry if I sounded like I was too hard and coming down with a wrath. I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. :)

:lol:

At the whole thread.

A shop I worked at we had a Haitian woman named Antoinet (misspelled). We used to eat lunch together ( fare sorry had to work) because she doesn't like some americans. Go figure. Well one night we sitting there sucking down Green Tea and munching salads and jerked chicken and talking. The scary thing she said "Harv the scary thing about America is I see fat poor people."

She did have a valid point there.

This thread is making me hungry!

Thumper you're not kidding about the middle age spread!

I used to spend 10 hours a week in the gym doing weights and cardio. I was single. Need I say more?

Once you get married/have kids or both you just don't have the motivation anymore....well, I don't. I'm not morbidly obese and I doubt anyone here is, but I could stand to lose 25 lbs.

James H, at least you get out and play some BBall. That's great! I'm determined to start running again now that it's cooling off.

Once you get married/have kids or both you just don't have the motivation anymore....well, I don't.

Tell me about it.

I still walk, hike, canoe and snowboard a lot but I'm still about 15lbs heavier than I'd like to be.

You would go there.

Oh, you should know that by now. If you leave a door open for a smart ass remark, I'll probably come stumbling through it. (Tearing the doorway down as I go through, no less).

I will put a viedo up hold on let me find it!

Oh shat. Youtube is not our friend. There's no telling what freaky weirdness you're about to dredge up from the bowels of cyberspace. ('cause we know it won't be of YOU).