AR15Armory.com

When did FAT become sexy?

KENNYOHIOHUNTER

It's all tied together. The way things are now! 20 years ago I saw fat people, but nowhere near as much as today & it's the same with everything else. People need to grow up & take responsibility for themselves & government needs to get the hell out of the way! It takes hard work & dedication to achieve things & people are trying to find the easy way out! I'm starting to understand why & how we got to this point. We have to slow down, take a deep breath, & be honest with ourselves. We have a lot of work ahead of us & it all starts with our kids!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know being a student of history, I sometime wonder if the real question isn't when did being skinny become sexy?

If you look at the paintings throughout history the women were all on the hefty side by today's standards. By the 19th century and sexual freedom, they were downright fat by our standards today. The Rueben's depictions of women was the standard of sexy for decades. Heavy set was a sign of prosperity and luxury. I wasn't until the 1960's and "Twiggy" that the anorexic look started to become sexy. In fact, her entrance into the limelight was considered shocking at the time, where now, that starved look is almost a prerequisite for models.

Basically what's considered sexy shifts. If today's social political standards are any indication, hell, the fat welfare heifer will be the goddess of this century and the dirty sock stuffed in their mouth so they can't talk the next marital aid. :laugh:

Tj

General tastes in appearance vary throughout time. Look at what was considered beautiful back in the 60's. They are now called full figured. Broad in the hip, large bustline but nothing "hanging over". Then, there was Twiggy. When she came along it suddenly became sexy to be a flat chested rail or for a woman to look like a 12 year old boy. After a while, a bit of a rebellion occurred because Twiggy thin was practically unachievable. Then, things went to the extreme where rolls and jiggle have become either popular or entirely overlooked. However, I look back at DaVinci sculptures and paintings of that era and I see some big butt very rotund women with no bust. Tastes change. But mine remains constant. I prefer the late 60's look before twiggy.

I know about the scantily clad images block, but I don't believe this will violate it. Everything necessary is covered and there is no midriff showing either. This, to me is a beautiful body. We all know who she is.....

AnnetteFunicello.jpg

Annette still makes my heart pound, always has since I was 5 or 6 when she was THE Mousekateer. Everybody sing along: M I C K E Y MOUSE...

Lol some people get screwed i have been over weight since i was 4. i have hyper somthing or other were my cells have a hard time taking in nutrients. Doctors could not tell me what was wrong with me until i was about 15 i went up 4 clothes sizes between 3 years old and 4 there is nothing easy about being fat it is not good at all. but it does not stop me from working my ass off literaly to get in shape.

Lol some people get screwed i have been over weight since i was 4. i have hyper somthing or other were my cells have a hard time taking in nutrients. Doctors could not tell me what was wrong with me until i was about 15 i went up 4 clothes sizes between 3 years old and 4 there is nothing easy about being fat it is not good at all. but it does not stop me from working my ass off literaly to get in shape.

that last sentence says plenty imo. :thumb:

do i feel sympathy for the obese who's only blame lies with themselves and their total lack of responsibility towards their eating habits? hell no.