Sign in to follow this  
maxsnafu

Tanfolio Witness 'Hunter'

Guys, I need your help/advice. Are any of you familiar with the Tanfolio Witness 'Hunter'?

It's the long slide (6" barrel) model. If so, please give me your impressions of it. My interest

in the 'Hunter' was, ironically, aroused by my purchase last year of a Fusion Firearms

'Traditional Hunter,' also a long slide gun.

(And by the way, if you're considering a Fusion--go for it! This is easily the finest, most well

made and most accurate gun I own, a real work of art.)

Thanks for any advice you can give me on the Tanfolio.

I don't have a Hunter. I do have a Witness Elite Match. Based on my experience with that gun, and based on the reports I have read of other people with guns from the Elite/Hunter line, I would endorse getting one. My Match is one fine weapon.

Too fine, in reality. The wife now claims it is her 10mm.

I don't have a Hunter. I do have a Witness Elite Match. Based on my experience with that gun, and based on the reports I have read of other people with guns from the Elite/Hunter line, I would endorse getting one. My Match is one fine weapon.

I have one of the "old" style Hunters, it is one of the most accurate pistols I own. I have shot sub 2" groups with it a 50 yards!

Edited by NH10mmfan

My standard Witness would gobble any load I fed it. Even handloads after I set it up right with the heavier springs.

There are plenty of people around the various forums that do have the Witness Hunter.

All of them sing high praise.

I don't have a Hunter, but I do have a rare .45 carry comp!

The grip fits like a glove! :oh yea:

DSCN0065.jpg

The missus shoots a 10mm?!? She sounds like a keeper to me.

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like the 'Hunter' is going on my short list (which

is getting longer by the day).

When it comes to the "Hunter" the 10mm is the way to go (obviously.) Properly sprung, the "Hunter" will provide the longer sighting plane and barrel to extract the perfromance needed for hunting applications. I would recommend a 20-pound spring for the pistol. This will permit you to use the highest power level ammunition needed for hunting applications.

Go with God.

Scott

The missus shoots a 10mm?!? She sounds like a keeper to me.

Not only that, she pokes good-natured fun at my friends who shoot 9mm and 40S&W :biggrin:

Edited by sqlbullet

Guys, I need your help/advice. Are any of you familiar with the Tanfolio Witness 'Hunter'?

It's the long slide (6" barrel) model. If so, please give me your impressions of it. My interest

in the 'Hunter' was, ironically, aroused by my purchase last year of a Fusion Firearms

(And by the way, if you're considering a Fusion--go for it! This is easily the finest, most well

By the way, it's Tanfoglio, not "Tanfolio". (I know, I've made typos, too). If you've searched, you may have read my post quite a while ago (don't remember how long ago) about my Witness Hunter. I have the first model, which I like quite a bit, and have taken one whitetail deer at about 70 yds. with my handload using the Speer Gold Dot 155 gr. bullet, and 800X propellant. I recovered the bullet, in a satisfying mushroom shape, having lost very little mass, after it penetrated the deer's right front shoulder, and traveled diagonally through the chest.

I have not shot the pistol much, so I can't give you specific accuracy info., with group sizes at specific ranges from shooting from the bench. I'll get around to it some day. I've installed a 4x Leupold scope, using an EAA mount. Use Loctite, or those screws WILL loosen very quickly. Have fun.

Jim

Not only that, she pokes good-natured fun at my friends who shoot 9mm and 40S&W :biggrin:

Does she have a sister?

Go ahead and buy the hunter, you wont regret it. In fact, after you've had a chance to reflect you will wonder what took you so long to get one. Simply amazing performance for the price.

I recently picked up a Hunter, and am quite impressed. Accurate and reliable with a variety of loads, nice long sight plane and very soft recoil (for a 10mm). If I could find a decent holster for it, it would replace my Para P16/40 as my field carry sidearm.

The EAA Witness Hunter 10mm is featured in the new issue of Combat Handguns (May 2010), pages 24-28. Enjoy. :flea: