Sign in to follow this  
Mister Sunday

MS in the barrel

If I get a new barrel coated what kind of performance can I expect? Can you give me actual values as to increased logevity, when and how often do I need to recoat? Is it as good as or better than chromed barrels? Can it be applied over chrome? Can you MS the inside and Ceracote the outside? I hate having to ask so many questions, it's just that the page on your website for MS is terribly blank.

If I get a new barrel coated what kind of performance can I expect? Can you give me actual values as to increased logevity, when and how often do I need to recoat? Is it as good as or better than chromed barrels? Can it be applied over chrome? Can you MS the inside and Ceracote the outside? I hate having to ask so many questions, it's just that the page on your website for MS is terribly blank.

the Cerakote on the outside will permanently keep the barrel from rusting and disperse heat better than any other coating. the MicroSlick on the ID will smooth and seal the barrel, and will polish into the pores especially when heated.

i have heard that 5,000 rounds on the MS before re-coating. the biggest factor on MS is the ease of cleaning. because the barrel is sealed, all previous round's powder and build-up will be expelled on the next shot.

i actually prefer to coat the inside and out of any barrel! some tests, although minimal, have shown an increase of a few FPS muzzle velocity.

the website is a continual work in progress! :unsure:

Dan, how much do you charge to Cerekote and micro-slick a 16" barrel?

do you need the barrel separated from the upper or can you coat the inside while mounted to the upper receiver.

Also how much to do the inside of the upper receiver???

Dan, how much do you charge to Cerekote and micro-slick a 16" barrel?

$40

do you need the barrel separated from the upper or can you coat the inside while mounted to the upper receiver.

also how much to do the inside of the upper receiver???

i can brake it down or coat it together. i would highly recommend braking it down to coat. i try not to coat the inside of the receiver with MS unless i can coat the outside with cerakote. i would recommend coating the receiver with Cerakote and the BCG with MS, the two have similar properties and work extremely well together!

I have an upper 16" spikes HB how much to break it down coat it, put it back together, total cost. and turn around time?

I have an upper 16" spikes HB how much to break it down coat it, put it back together, total cost. and turn around time?

complete upper is $200, just the receiver and barrel $135

right now its a 6-10day turn around.

Dan whats your toughts on adding microslick to a chrome bolt carrier group? I think I wanna do cerakote on another of my ARs and maybe coat its barrel in microslick like my last but it has a chrome bolt carrier group should I coat that or leave the Bolt carrier alone?