AR15Armory.com

Remington 870 and Sneaky Bag Review

JeremyVG

• 5 months later...

Clicky.

While most of you are likely familiar with the 870, I thought a link to this review would be good here. The Sneaky Bag I reviewed is PERFECT as a Go-Bag for those of us who use shotguns on patrol.

bc

Great review.

I take issue w/ the kiss concept in that not adding certain accy's like a forend light reduces the weapons effectiveness.

I can think of no circumstance in which a fighting gun of any type should not have a light mounted to it, no to mention a sling that allows it to hang across the body when released.

I agree that a light would add to the gun. My car gun does not have a light, so my personal gun stays the same. I have practiced manipulating the shotgun with a hand held light, and while it's not quite as slick as a mounted light, I've gotten fairly good.

I do have a sling on my gun. Long guns need slings like handguns need holsters.

I've said it in the past, and I'll say it again here: If I hit the lottery, my agency is getting a large donation of VERY specific gear.

bc

• 7 months later...
Edited. Off topic.

bc

Unless I'm missing something the 870 is also a double arm pump...

As for smoothness of the action, I've never played with a 1300 but it's tough to argue with the 870's track record.

I torture tested my "hunting" 870 Express Magnum and did not clean it (other than wiping down the exterior) for 10 years. During this time I shot well over 1,000 rounds through it, including several wet and rainy duck hunting trips, a TON of rounds of skeet, and some "plunking" at stuff in the river (can't really call it "plinking" with a 12 gauge). It functioned perfectly the entire time and the only reason I cleaned it is because I chose to modify it and press it into use as a duty shotgun.

Edited by B Coyote
Cleaning up off topic posts.

• 4 months later...

Thanks. It's been educational for me, as well.

My PD is presently using Remington Low Recoil, and when we rotate out there, I'm going to pick up a few rounds to test in my gun. Federal Tactical with the Flite Control wad is my next experiment.

bc

I agree that a light would add to the gun. My car gun does not have a light, so my personal gun stays the same. I have practiced manipulating the shotgun with a hand held light, and while it's not quite as slick as a mounted light, I've gotten fairly good.

I do have a sling on my gun. Long guns need slings like handguns need holsters.

I've said it in the past, and I'll say it again here: If I hit the lottery, my agency is getting a large donation of VERY specific gear.

bc

indeed. the stability a sling and proper training on its use provide make all the difference in the world