Sign in to follow this  
gmor

witness recoil spring?

:unsure: iv'e advised to replace the recoil spring on the EAA witness with a 20-22. what is the advantage to doing this? i guess wolf makes these. where is the best place to order it from (cheap, quick shipping, etc.)

I purchased mine directly from the Wolff website. I started with an extra-power recoil calibration pack. Later I ordered several 22lb springs once I had settled on that strength.

I went with the heaviest springs that the lightest loads I use would still cycle reliably. I am very fastidious now not to ever allow the slide to close on an empty chamber, to prevent battering or abuse from the higher slide closure velocity.

I purchased mine directly from the Wolff website. I started with an extra-power recoil calibration pack. Later I ordered several 22lb springs once I had settled on that strength.

I went with the heaviest springs that the lightest loads I use would still cycle reliably. I am very fastidious now not to ever allow the slide to close on an empty chamber, to prevent battering or abuse from the higher slide closure velocity.

When I go to the Wolff website you linked they mention the longslide gun in 9mm & .40 S&W but nothing about the

Witness 'Hunter' in 10mm. Will the .40 S&W springs work with the 10mm or am I not looking in the right place?

Pretty sure you want the longslide option. They don't mention 10mm much anyway.

I doubt the longslide refers to the Match guns. While they have a longer slide, it is only .25" longer, about the same as the baby eagle.

longslide spring is what you want.